Choose a discussion

What Phone?

Contract is up and looking to get a new phone, any advice? Currently have a HTC Desire HD and quite like the android operating system so not sure I would move to an iphone

0 |

will nexus 6 be the best phone? too big for me but looks tasty

0 |

Here's a comparison is specs between your phone and the Nexus 5 - www.phonearena.com/pho...

0 |

Nexus 6 added into that comparison - www.phonearena.com/pho...

The Nexus 6 is some phone, but it is a good bit more expensive.

0 |

with tech though i'm not solely swayed by figures. something may have high spec but build and how it actually performs is whats important

0 |

but yes, looks good on paper

0 |

www.linshof.com/phone....

0 |

You'd need to play with these phones to get an idea of how good they are

0 |

Def true, Nik. Online reviews by reputable sources (not fanboys/fanboy websites) is also a great indicator.

0 |

Yep. Seen good reviews. Only negative being size.

I just meant linking me spec comparisons doesn't really help as I prefer hands on reviews and comparisons.

Real life situations yall

0 |

ah right, comparison was more to see size differences really

0 |

If I buy a pay as you go phone on Vodafone can I put my contract sim in it?

0 |

Is your contract vodafone? Then yes if not then not without unlocking it

0 |

Oops. Yes it is. Should have stated that

0 |

Should be sweet

0 |

Cool. Cheers

0 |

The g2 is 150 in vodafone

0 |

Insane price.

0 |

sim free galaxy note 3 299
www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sam...

0 |

me lemac. T'is broken though..

0 |

100 off a moto x (2nd gen) if you buy it today. mdsupport.custhelp.com...

0 |

that's the phone I've been thinking of buying, too skint to buy outright though

0 |

Playing about with Lollipop on the old mans Nexus 4. Seems pretty good on it. The new multitasking thing is class. Lockscreen seems a lot better too.

0 |

people were saying it struggled on the nexus 4 and slowed it down?

0 |

His phone seems fine. I was wailing through the multitask spinner clicking on loads of different apps and webpages and everything was popping up instantly and even the older stuff was opening pretty quickly.

0 |

I'm sceptical about updating a 2012 nexus 7 to it

0 |

OnePlus One invite going for anyone who wants it...

0 |

Defo leaning towards moto x now. Have a 100 quid off voucher from Black Friday. Seems most reviews say it's best phone about. Nexus 6 is meant to be a bigger version of it but not as good

0 |

How much does it work out at after the £100 off?

0 |

0 |

Yep

0 |

I got my moto x there, beautiful phone. Colours are a bit more saturated on screen than the nexus 5, which I'm not a huge fan of. It's got a big screen, but doesn't feel unmanageably big.

1 |

Would you recommend it then Matthew? May order one this weekend. Spent ages debating this and checking multiple reviews and it seems the phone I like most

0 |

And how much is the oneplusone takki?

0 |

£269 for 64GB.

0 |

No invites at the minute. They expire if they're not used.

0 |

mashable.com/2014/12/1...

0 |

See Samsung just released a new upgraded Note 4 for some reason. They've a terrible release cycle, RJ must be raging.

0 |

Link?

0 |

arstechnica.com/gadget...

0 |

"the 810 has a slightly faster processor and connectivity options" I think I'll survive besides I primarily bought the note4 for its camera and incredible screen and these are unchanged besides it's Android ffs you've 14 billion handset makers you phone remains top dog for at least a week before being replaced... having said that I'm gonna have to wipe and factory reset mine and this lag is doing my head in and I've no idea how it's come about but all the forums talk about switching to a different launcher which I've no what a launcher even is ffs

0 |

Google launcher. Its an app

0 |

810 isn't just 'slightly' faster than the 800 www.engadget.com/2014/... plus its 64 bit.

0 |

How is the moto x muzka?

0 |

its great, lollipop is very smooth. No real negatives, the build and feel of the phone is good also just right size wise

0 |

Nova launcher is what I use

0 |

"just right size wise" aye for your little princess hands m8 ;)

1 |

i've a moto x as well, brilliant phone.

0 |

well it would obviously be dwarfed in your deformed neanderthal shovel hands

:)

0 |

No invite needed for ordering the OnePlus One today, for anyone who's interested - oneplus.net/jan20

0 |

That must mean the one plus two is on the way

0 |