Choose a discussion

What Phone?

Contract is up and looking to get a new phone, any advice? Currently have a HTC Desire HD and quite like the android operating system so not sure I would move to an iphone

0 |

Gotta get the word out, I suppose.

0 |

the Microsoft word if you will.....

0 |

Nice linkage Matthew!

0 |

Got my gf the Nokia 6250 windows phone today. If it's shit Matthews ded ;)

0 |

www.nophone.eu

0 |

LG G2 down to £230 on Amazon! - www.amazon.co.uk/LG-G2...

0 |

Windows phones are great. My brother gets free Nokias as soon as they come out. Has every phone from the last few years. Have you had the 925 Matthew?

0 |

No, started with a Samsung Windows Phone years ago, then got a Lumia 800, then onto a 1020 which is my current phone. Also bought a 530 because I needed a UK phone for a short while and it was £70 unlocked! Looking at possibly getting the 830 for an upgrade but the 1020 has such an amazing camera that it really hasn't been bettered by any other phone yet, so its hard to part with.

0 |

i just wish Microsoft would let us know what their plans are for a next gen 1020.. im loving the win8.1 os on my phone, so many long overdue features that make it more complete plus i just love the whole tile layout, its so clean, colourful and full of info right there on your home screen without opening an app... seriously considering a 930 now but had a play around with a G3 in the airport yesterday and by fuck that screen is amazing, thin, responsive and the screen quality is simply outstanding... christ this is gonna be hard to pick a new phone

0 |

The upgrade good then RJ? Cool. Yeah, I love the tile layout too. Its great how ypu can personalise it exactly how you want it too.

0 |

There's a Windows 9 announcement coming up in a couple of weeks where they'll announce the fact that Windows Phone and Windows will be the exact same OS after 9 is launched. I'm hoping they'll have a 1030 to announce then as they've been hinting that one is coming.

0 |

Matthew, I don't use my Onedrive, would you recommend it?

0 |

I wouldn't store any sex pics on it, but its a good service, nicely integrated into Windows. Apps for it on all platforms too

1 |

4k film made using the OnePlus One

0 |

All I need now is a 4k screen to watch it lol

1 |

Pretty crazy that mobile phones have now surpassed TV screens for resolution.

0 |

Which ones have 4k? I thought highest was 2k screens on a phone?

0 |

G3, I think.

0 |

LG G2 down to £257 - www.amazon.co.uk/LG-G2...

Probably cheaper with Flubit too.

0 |

Guys, I broke my S4 screen into bits. The palces around my work seem to charge £150-£160 for the screen repair. Yet I only have £150 on my contract to pay it off. Do that and upgrade??

0 |

duffy what about trying this www.amazon.co.uk/Samsu... if you know a mate thats good with his fingers..

0 |

Ooh matron

0 |

Know loads ;)

Well it's also the LCD display as the screen is black :(

0 |

Is it just the glass at the front that has smashed>?

0 |

yeah but there is no display at all

0 |

Sounds like the digitiser has bust as well then aye, www.amazon.co.uk/Scree.... just throw it in the bin and cut about with an old school phone for 3 months as an experiment. Remember being able to text while not looking at the phone>? Unreal.

0 |

Great video showing the quality and capability of the OnePlus One camera, and it's ability to shoot RAW images and how much better they are to edit post production etc.

0 |

i can still make a good attempt of it atm with my phone Ron, swype and autocorrect sorts you most of the time

0 |

Pulled the trigger and bought a note4, big fucking phone but by fuck this android malarkey will take some getting used too

0 |

LOL you've just fallen victim to the patented Samsung "that new phone you bought is already obsolete" screwjob:
www.theverge.com/2014/...

0 |

Should've got the G3.

0 |

Know all about the edge didn't interest me as that side screen is a complete gimmick, besides the note4 currently sports the latest tech and ticks all the boxes I'm after

0 |

Wait for a week. I'd never buy a Samsung phone if my life depended on it.

0 |

The problem with the G3 takk for me was the cpu/gpu the note has the latest chips to power that 2K screen

0 |

Samsung phones are awful in my experience.

0 |

It's just a phone wind your neck in.

0 |

Otherwise I would've bought the G3, matt I've never had an android set nor a Sammy but I'm already loving this enormous crazy quality screen and the camera is fantastic

0 |

2K screen? lol. I bet you have to point that out to everyone who looks at the thing.

0 |

The note 4 is still a nice bit of kit. I've just never been keen on the feel of Samsungs. Always feel a bit plasticy or something. The screen is really nice on it though.

Is the G3 screen not a higher resolution?

0 |

Lol rj is a sucker for 'the latest specs'

That phones far too big IMO.

0 |

Aye it's plastic as fuck and light as he'll but I'll be wrapping the fucker in a cover to aid grip and protect it, screen wise I think the resolutions are the same.. it all came down to what phone had the highest specs at this moment, was tempted by the Z3 and G3 but ultimately the note4 won out cause of the next generation proc and gpu , have yet to even dig into the stylus yet

0 |

Nik I love the shiny

1 |

Total Sammy fan boy nai, might head down to curry's this weekend and buy a 4K tv

0 |

Would be interested to hear what the battery is like on the Note 4. I've been using this all day and it's on 51%. Big batteries FTW.

0 |

The battery is meant to be pretty stellar anything will be an improvement on my woeful 920, did you get a new phone takk?

0 |

Big test will be my next trip to landau as my 920 couldn't make it through the day

0 |

Of course the battery life will be decent, it's the size of a house. You could probably power a Tesla off of the same battery

0 |

Although lol, just looked and it only gets a days worth. That's not great, but what do you expect from Android?

0 |

Matthew properly flipping out you changed from a windows phone

;)

1 |

Yep, it's like when you leave Scientology, gotta completely burn you into the ground afterwards.

Saying that, I am surprised RJ didn't go for the superior Android options like the Nexus devices.

0 |