Choose a discussion

What Phone?

Contract is up and looking to get a new phone, any advice? Currently have a HTC Desire HD and quite like the android operating system so not sure I would move to an iphone

0 |

why wouldnt you use it?

0 |

well ive had my note1 since january and scribbling notes down is something i never do, i used it for Draw Something during the month that it was good craic, thats about it.

0 |

i dont think id ever not use the pen with the note, screen grabs, segment grabs, shortcuts, texting etc its so accurate with handwriting and my writing is atrocious

0 |

yeah, handwriting recognition is really good but its much faster to just use swype imho.

0 |

Got bored of swpye quite quickly. Never remembered words after updates. Is it on a stable release now or still on beta? SwiftKey is better imo

0 |

Haven't used swiftkey but Swype seems alright now. At any rate even regular texting would be faster than the handwriting app on the phone. maybe I'm being a spastic but having to press the space bar button after every word just word just slows the Whole process down

0 |

Really busting for a new phone, getting the new tech shakes bad, hope this 920 is the dogs balls and Apple update the ipad3 with the A6 chip in the rumoured refresh

0 |

Still got a ten quid phone myself, wouldnt mind a decent one but i cant even get th tv to work since the digital switch

0 |

MTB if you had one look at the set up under my telly your head would probably explode

0 |

Google nexus 7 instead of ipad. All day long.

0 |

My ipad as of today operates my studio. It has keyboard, mixing desk, fx rack, drum pads and a screen of cells to trigger clips. Amazing bit of kit that i find more uses for every week

0 |

There are two reasons I'm confused by the iPad Mini: (1) Steve Jobs was more dead set against it happening than he has every been for a product Apple subsequently released (2) it'll be basically just a consumption device and not a creation device, which is something Apple should be moving towards, not away from.

0 |

Agree. It's probably just to try and hog the market against other companies releasing tablets that size

0 |

All i can do on the ipad is browse the web and take pictures, niks antics with it ar mad

0 |

what apps are they nik? Or is it a separate program installed.

got an iPad up stairs. Wouldn't mind fucking about on it with that sort of stuff

0 |

It's called touchable and it controls ableton on the computer

For making tunes try fruity loops or synthstation. There are loads of drum machines and synths also

0 |

Tryin to find an android app that allows me to connect my phone to my tablet and use my phone as a remote that gives a screen display of the tablet. Plenty of apps can do this when linking to a computer but yet to find one that goes android to android.

0 |

I'd actually go for an lumia 900, got the 800 thou you can't feather (linking up the phone to use as a modem for your CPU) on the 800, would have thought you could on the 900, and that Zune (the Nokia software) doesn't store your contact details and photos on the version I have, the games and shit you can try (in the 800) are class, you get an Xbox number and stuff and get to play the games for free, I'm on t-mobile the best network in my opinion and as I haven't registered a credit card with it I'm not worried about pressing the wrong button and buying games and music,,

0 |

Feather was recorrected by the forum, it should be theather

0 |

Really should be teather

0 |

tether

0 |

And the Bluetooth doesn't seem to work on my 800, to connect to the internet via my laptop which is a pain,,

0 |

I can create a Wifi hotspot with my Lumia 800, you need to connect it to your computer via USB and run the Zune software, then you'll get a message about a firmware update and once you update you'll be able to do the hotspot thing. Much handier than tethering because you just connect the laptop to the wifi network created by the phone.

0 |

Yeah I know you can us WiFi on it, but teathering is when you connect the lead that links between the phone and the CPUs usb to make an internet connect was simple with ovi,,

0 |

Okay, but creating a hotspot using your phone is exactly the same as tethering but without any wires. It's easier and simpler.

0 |

Yeah but teathering can be used when there's no WiFi just your phone,,

0 |

Yeah, so can wifi hotspot. Your phone creates the wifi network itself and your laptop connects to your phone using that. There is no need for an existing wifi network, just your phone and your laptop.

0 |

Have connected my phone before to Zune to install it and use it but wouldn't let me use the internet, how do you set up a hotstop?

0 |

Sorry hotspot,,

0 |

Settings -> Internet Hotspot

Like I said, that setting will only appear after you have installed the latest firmware (which appears when you connect to Zune)

0 |

Comes up with connection error when I open Zune,,

0 |

lol

0 |

Matthew you should get the game geodefence swarm for it, its an amazing game, got it on trial,,

0 |

The only problem I can see with the lumia is that when you download something onto it you can't access it, apart from that its grand,,

0 |

Connecting any device to a mobile phone and using it's internet connection is tethering. Doesn't matter if it's done using a cable or wifi. Some device call it hotspot, some call it tethering, it's all the same thing really.

0 |

In the version of mine which I just got doesn't have it as an option, that is the settings hotspot,,

0 |

Are u not tired toad? Are u still up? Or have u slept? Wat did u do before this forum? Wat is toad?

0 |

how's your sister keeping koops?? hope she's well.

0 |

Toad my phones OS version is 7.10.8773.98 and the Firmware number is 1750.0805.8773.12220

If you don't have those, you'll need to update

0 |

My girl got one of those Lumia phones. Have to admit its a gorgeous thing. The scrolling news across the homepage is beautifully implemented. Not many apps for it though. She's learning Russian at the minute and it lacks the language learning apps I have for Android.

0 |

Called myself toad for a Mario kart theme from koopa from mario, think my sis is doing well, she's moving back here, haven't slept but will later, and Matthew got Zune from the Microsoft website think its 4.8, says there's no updates for it, you down south?

0 |

It's not the Zune software on your PC that you need to update, you need to plug in your phone to the PC via USB with Zune open, then goto Settings -> Phone -> Update and check for an update. If your phone software is the same version as mine, I guess it's possible that your phone network are blocking Hotspot functionality.

0 |

Says there isn't one, was reading about it and they have it in other countries no here, you must be down south I think,,

0 |

Wat network does a toad use? Orange block tethering unless u ring 150 n give them money n stuff.....

0 |

4g price plans out

ee.co.uk/plans?wt.mc_i...

0 |

Is that really ee's?website? Looks like a retarded young box drew it yellow crayons? Ironically it's took all the time from when u posted that until now for it load that site on my iphone due to there crappy 3G signal ffs. I tweet them daily how crap they are and everyday I get the same reply about checking my post code

0 |

Their price plans are bloody ridiculous, who the hell wants to get a 4G phone and then only use it for 500MB of data?? Can't believe it tops out at 8GB either, so much fail

0 |

those are redic.. 1gb for £41.. away an fuck

0 |

untill theres more competition the cunts are gonna lock in a load of people on 2yr contracts

0 |

my contract is up next few months but there's no way i'm gonna pay that

need to stay with orange/t mobile cause of my broadband though so t-mobile £36 for all you can eat looks better than those deals

0 |