Choose a discussion

What Phone?

Contract is up and looking to get a new phone, any advice? Currently have a HTC Desire HD and quite like the android operating system so not sure I would move to an iphone

0 |

Anyone heard anything about these phones? Huawei p9

Takki, you usually know about these cheaper Chinese phones, heard of this one?

m.huawei.com/enmobile/...

0 |

Anything made by lieca is not cheap. Some of the best camera lenses available. Not sure on the rest of the phone though

0 |

This review is as I suspected. Great hardware an camera but software seems dodgy.

www.trustedreviews.com...

0 |

I'm not going to consider any battery under 4000 mAh. And also shatter proof gorilla glass. Running about now with my Xperia Z3 5th screen. Once you get it replaced, the screens are like er.. Glass. And the bottom part of this screen broke off and the mic has stopped working. However the battery is still outrageous and I'm on 70% as we speak from my charge last night. Beaut. This battery really is a beast. Pity about my trouble with screens. Up for getting a Chinese phone too.

0 |

What are you doing to break so many screens?

0 |

After the original screen was reppaced, the new ones were breaking with fuck all force. Not even sure what broke it. No drops and not out boozing. Once it broke because I tapped the phone against a can. Weak as fuck.

0 |

Why were u tapping cans with yer cellular device?

1 |

broke 4 phones in 2 months there.

Z3 screen smashed, 100 to fix and then the screen on that broke, faulty parts but still haven't got it back yet and tbh don't care about getting it back.

currently using the samsung A3 which bought for 150 new and honestly as good as most of them smart phones i use. plus i don't care if i break it at that money

0 |

15% battery left here from yesterday morning. This is the way forward mates. Does life get any better?

0 |

Went for the huawei

0 |

New htc arstechnica.co.uk/gadg...

0 |

OnePlus 3 is now available through 02 - www.o2.co.uk/shop/phon...

0 |

Went for Samsung A3 2016 model. Nifty we leave thing. Battery lasts forever

4.5 is perfect size too

0 |

Class Takk. Good to see them becoming more freely available

0 |

I'm telling you guys get a note4, it really is the best fucking phone i've ever owned, huge screen without feeling too big, light as fuck, 2K OLED resolution means it looks fantastic, battery lasts me an entire day of messing around on it and you can pop the back off and stick another in there or like i have put a 128gb memory stick in for those 4k clips you can record on it, and the pen is useful as fuck simply remove it while its locked and you can write immediately onto the screen like a quick notepad or draw on photos/webpages etc and then cut/paste into messages/emails.

My contract is up had the thing 2years and for the first time ever i'm simply going sim only and keeping the phone as there is nothing out better cept maybe a non sploding note7

0 |

Sounds shite

1 |

sounds actually really good, clear when taking a call and the loudspeaker is more than adequate to listen to Tiesto whilst queuing in Iceland for your chickenfuckingnuggets

1 |

Tell me this, is the Huawei Honor 8 any good?

0 |

interested to see/ hear what the Xiaomi phones are like

0 |

xiaomi-mi.co.uk

0 |

Any one any recommendations on a new phone? not looking to spend over 300 quid. anyone ever bought a refurbished phone? or anyone ever have one of those Huawei's?

0 |

I just got a one+5 seems ok. I've a Sony xperia z5 compact here up for grabs if you want it.

0 |

Good timing pal. I think Im gonna get the Honor 9 this week maybe. Had the One Plus 2 but its time for a change. Huawei phones are cracking wee handsets mate. The P10 breaks easy though so Im going for the Honor 9. 29 quid a month for the phone, 12gb, unlimited calls and texts (whatever they are)

0 |

One Plus seem to have got quite expensive. Seem to have departed from their original philosophy. OP5 supposed to be unreal though. Their dash charge is ridiculous. "A days power in half an hour"

0 |

aye that's what I was thinking Mopez, was the whole craic with them theyre super specs and cheap prices? seems Takki just roped us in at the start so he could jack up the price

been looking at those Honors and P10s today and they look grand don't they?

1 |

huawei. great phones. and cheap. well spec'd

0 |

My OnePlus One is three years old next month and it's still going strong. OnePlus do great phones tbh.

You could get a OnePlus 3T for around the 300 noop mark. This was one of the first results on a quick eBay search - www.ebay.co.uk/itm/One...

0 |

The OnePlus 5 is more 'expensive' than their previous generation phones, but it is a lot more of a phone also, TBF, so it still makes it amazing value for money.

0 |

But yeah, their prices have crept up a bit, but that's due to their marketing and improved supply chain.

0 |

Mopez, what's up with your OnePlus 2 that you're changing?

0 |

I've a Huawei and the missus has the honour 9.

Good phones, nice build, spec and camera. Great value

0 |

Anything annoying about them?

0 |

I have Lenovo P2 . Decent specs but the battery is amazing and its only 199

0 |

the Umidigi s2 looks class, 177 noops - 4GB RAM, 64GB ROM, 6 inch bezel-less screen, 5100 mAhr battery. www.gearbest.com/cell-...

0 |

Gary, Ive done a good bit of research on Honor 9 and Huawei P10. Both are class phones. Go and search for reviews and check out their specs. Getting some bang for your buck man. Im not sure what you look for in a phone but they cover everything I need and more.

0 |

Takki, its a class phone mate but really slow now. Ill have had it 2 years in March so I think its time for a wee upgrade. Fair play for still rocking the OP1 3 years later man.

0 |

The batteries on that Lenovo and the Umidigi are nuts

0 |

i am working away with an s5 with mild screen burn. any time i get a few quid for a new one i end up spunking it on something else.

1 |

Youve turned my head with that Umidigi mate

0 |

Have you tried a full reset on the OP2, Mop?

0 |

Fuck sake Mopez, I'm stuck with this for 2 years, you give an impassionate speech in support of Huawei, based on all the research...and one link later you're sold on the umbongo phone ha

This is why I hate getting an upgrade lol

0 |

Haha. Im as flimsy as the next man when a shiny younger model passes by mate

0 |

How do you do that Takki and does it clear everything off?

0 |

Tbh they are all so close now with minimal difference in specs and features that if you pick either you'll have a similar experience

1 |

Well, this is true mate

0 |

I switched to galaxy S8 plus from.iphone. The screen is fucking stunning.

1 |

You'll be raging tomorrow then.

0 |

Nah I don't think I will. It'll be less.powerful with a few gimicky features that android already has that don't get used. Then the gimicky features will suddenly be apples idea and everyone will use them. Worse case scenario, I start to use face ID so I don't feel left out.

0 |

I'm referring to the screen really. If there's one thing Apple do better than most...

0 |

Bigger screen is going to cost $1,000. Crazy money. I'll still probably get it. Ahh sure it's only $10 a month extra. Fuck sake Apple.

0 |