Choose a discussion

What Phone?

Contract is up and looking to get a new phone, any advice? Currently have a HTC Desire HD and quite like the android operating system so not sure I would move to an iphone

0 |

Like iOS? iPhone 5
Want something different? Lumia 920 (should be out this week) or HTC 8X
Prefer Android? Galaxy S3

0 |

Samsung Galaxy S3.

Next!

0 |

What is the galaxy note like? Bigger version of the SIII?

Quite like the thought of a bigger screen without the need to carry a tablet also.

0 |

The Note is disgustingly big for a phone. I think it looks pretty dumb.

0 |

theres a new s3 out with 2gb of ram, the note 2 would be a beaut as long as the size of the thing doesnt put you off, the split windows function looks good

0 |

Imagine going out for the night and having the note for your phone. Be some craic carting that thing about blocked, trying to fit it in your pockets.

0 |

Mate. Go to carphone warehouse on a Friday night. Skream and Benga are gonna make your Samsung look like a Nokia!!

1 |

The 920 wins for me:
www.theverge.com/produ...

0 |

Mate has a note in work and it looks fucking ridiculous defientely getting a 920 for the camera alone

0 |

I like the Lumia 800. Should probably have been more patient and waited for the 920... But got too good a deal to pass up.

0 |

The windows Htc phone looks good too

0 |

Think I'll be buying it off-contract myself as I just upgraded to the 800 in June. Although, I want to get a Surface too, so I don't know which order I plan on doing that.

0 |

I'm not really worried about how rediculous something looks if it gives added functionality. Reading websites, and doing skype calls on a smaller screen is a melt.

0 |

The 920 is the thickest and heaviest, could be an issue for me.

0 |

4 inch screens are the right size, especially with the added resolution that most of them are providing. No need for the Note imo.

0 |

What's ppi?

0 |

iPhone 4 or 4S is the prefect size for me. Actually not happy that they've made the iPhone 5 bigger.

0 |

pixels per inch

0 |

Pixels Per Inch.

0 |

Zoinks.

0 |

After having the note for a while you wouldn't notice its size. Anyone I know that has got one absolutely loves it, they sold really well too

0 |

^ Man who might have AIDS recommends Galaxy Note. Says it all.

0 |

Been using the Galaxy SIII in work for android stuff and I really like it. Smashed my iPhone (again) and myabe think its time for a new one. Are other phones less damageable? :)

0 |

0 |

Accidentally drop-kicked my Lumia 800 a few weeks ago, thanks to the polycarbonate shell and Gorilla Glass screen, there's basically no trace of damage.

0 |

I could never trust a man wearing those sandals tho

0 |

That vid is actually pretty damn impressive.

0 |

I've dropped the s3 a few times as well and it is barely scratched. Duffy a decent cover (doesn't have too be too thick either) on an s3 and you'd be laughing.

How insensitive mattbodytonic, you are barred from my RIP thread

0 |

I can't stand phone covers.

0 |

Go into a phone shop, demo a few different models, pick the one you feel most comfortable with. If that happens to be a note then go for it. Some people like looking like spastics on the phone.

0 |

I can't stand the rain

0 |

Against your window?

0 |

You'll be lucky if you go into a phone shop and find anything other than a dead piece of plastic masquerading as a phone these days.

0 |

How did you know Wayne? That's incredible!

0 |

I think some of them have demo sets you can play with. Carphone Wharehouse for one.

0 |

I asked in a couple of who to muck about with handsets and take a pics... Most were happy to oblige.

0 |

Lumia 920 (should be out this week)
Really???

0 |

Actually, next week. Windows Phone event next Monday. 920 and 8X are pre-order-able in the US already.

0 |

Get an iPad Mini and just skype people.

0 |

iPad Mini. There's another thing I don't get.

0 |

wayne taking over from deci with the apple crusade!

0 |

Matthew, it's like an iPad except smaller. It's all in the name really.
Not sure what else there is to *get*.

0 |

The galaxy note is sweet as fuck, fuck youse all up nai

0 |

ugelol.org/i/29062.gif

0 |

What's the best reasonably priced iPad equivilant, as much as want 1, I can't justly paying the price? I liked the blackberry play book reviews but found there's no sling player app this is a must for me...was thinkin £150 ish max? Cheers!

0 |

Mate of mine got a 7" Nexus tablet, runs Android. Seems like a lovely wee piece of kit. £200 I think. I wouldn't call it an iPad equivilant though.

0 |

Googled quickly and it Runs sling player app cheers ill check reviews etc thanks bud

0 |

That's some mixed reviews I think I will eventually end up buying an iPad just wanna c if there is a better priced equivilant, I use my Iphone for most things and only download on laptop now so a larger tab would be ideal

0 |

if the size doesnt put you off then definitely the Note 2.

If you want a normal sized phone then the Samsung Nexus or maybe wait for the new one (although its made by LG so it might be shit). The Latest nexus is easily Samsungs best phone, best looking phones too

0 |

the note 2 is actually a wee bit narrower so is a bit easier to handle than the original. the s pen is also bigger and a bit easier to use, not that you will ever use that cunt.

0 |