Choose a discussion

Thinking of heading down there for 2/3 days with the GF in a week or two's time. Have only spent a couple of nights down there before so don't really know the area well at all. I'm looking for recommended spots to stay and places worth visiting. Nice walks etc?

Cheers!

0 |

Stop talking shite Bart

0 |

"Another example of Facebook lynch mob. Worse thing Facebook every done is give idiots who normally haven't the balls to say a word turn into the most aggressive vocal clowns ever."

Eehhhhh, that would suggest that people who would have the balls to say a word aren't idiots. Think it's fair to say there's an even distribution of idiots amongst the brave and the meek

0 |

Not sure what you mean Matthew. But I'm saying people who you know in the real world who literally haven't a clue about anything and never normal voice a real vocal opinion end up the most vocal and brazen on Facebook. Not hard to grasp. Sure everyone here knows exactly what I'm talking about.

0 |

I know what you mean - it gives the appearance of a level playing field of opinions in terms of volume and importance, when the reality is anything but. I just don't know that some idiot who is mouthy in real life about their shite opinions is any more respectable!

0 |

I'm not implying being mouthy as sort. More just people when discussing topics would chat about it, where as people who never voice an opinion and tend to express no brain all of a sudden are like rabid dogs online knowledgeable on every topic. Or talk like they are brave when it couldn't be further from the truth.

Talking about family members here lol

0 |

Social Media is literally like the borg. Your tapping into the unconscious of ugly society. Apart from occasional small groups getting together in their own wee echo chamber, moaning about the same things, nothing gets done IRL. The rest of us just unfollow, unfriend them, because their a bunch of moaners. Im guilty of moaning on facebook but really try to limit it. I also make a point of moaning about local stuff, just to my local people.

0 |

Ive also been guilty of over sharing on facebook. Checking into a place for second or third time. I post photos, and chat to family on messenger. Is it possible to deactive my wall, so people cant see status updates, but just see your photos??

0 |

You can set the privacy of your status updates to "only me", that'd do the trick

0 |

Wonder if it still posts updates if albums are updated.

0 |

i'm hectic for slabbering at christians and muslims when i've a load of family who are christians on FB so obviously see my feed, been told to wind it in several times but cant help it.. also need to stop reading the comments on Bel Tel posts... jesus wept those are bad

1 |

You need to create a Christian friend list.

0 |

or maybe you want them to read it, in which case, carry on.

0 |

Bel Tel FB is a cesspit

0 |

I remember when Belfast Telegraph was a respectable newspaper.

0 |

0 |

Quare spot

1 |