Choose a discussion

I have no idea what to look for. I just want something easy & comfy. Its only for cycling round N Belfast. What should I be looking for?
Popped into bikedock earlier and they had a nice pre-owned one, just my size, plus other new ones. Going back tomorrow to test some out but what brands etc are good?
Oh, am getting a kid trailer for the back too if the weight makes a difference to certain bikes...

0 |

Thinking about selling my carbon Cannondale with top end gear on it, if anyone know someone who might be interested.

0 |

that another long shot, takk?

0 |

It's a class bike. I just kinda impulse bought it. Never use it. Finally accepted I'm a mountain bike man, through and through. Had to try though.

0 |

i.imgur.com/v61wdZZ.jpg

0 |

2 nice bikes there. agree on the mountain bikes though

0 |

Could do with the funds to restore my Kona, too.

0 |

Ive a mate in the market neil will say to him.
whats size frame n price you looking?

0 |

£700 ono. Have loads of spares which will be going with it too e.g. shoes (size 10 or 11) , overshoes, various types of gloves, spare tubes, wee LED lights, etc. Can't remember size off the top of my head, but it's quite big. He'd probably need to be 6 foot or taller. It's insanely light weight.

0 |

Will let him know cheers
what model?

0 |

Cannondale Six 5. It has Mavic Ksyrium wheelset, Ultegra/105 groupset, Fizik saddle + other upgrades and all too.

0 |

Look how much a lorry can't see. Dangerous as fuck.

1 |

I refuse to cycle past a lorry that isn't stationary. It's far too dangerous. Had a bus almost sideswipe me on the ormeau one morning. Thankfully there were no oncoming cars and I was able to avoid it.

0 |

Shouldn't be a truck driver if he's yellow colour blind.

5 |

Just ordering a wee bike rack today so I can take the bike to nice places.

0 |

Just cycle off road. Cycling on the road is for gaylords.

0 |

We got one 3yrs ago Wayne and used it one summer and that's it...but it was a great investment for sunny weather

Really quite annoying that the biggest one I could find that doesn't require a tow bar is for 3 bikes. meaning we still had to hire a bike in castlewellan...and all of their bikes are far too big for me.

0 |

Next time you're there call round for a cup of tea ceri!

0 |

You not fire one in the boot, Ceri?

0 |

See we are getting those wee rental bikes that lock in the wee parking stations in Belfast? Like the ones in London, Barcelona, etc.

In before "the steeks will have them rekt".

0 |

They'll probably do quite well in Belfast, due to it's small/compact size.

0 |

Obviously gonna get wrecked. Remember that piano that toured the worlds cities for people to play in the street.
Wrecked within hours of landing in Belfast. This is why we cant have nice things.

0 |

What's this about a piano? lol

0 |

They said the same thing would happen to the Dublin Bikes, they worked fantastically well.

1 |

Nah takki...my car is a flipping fabia and even the littleuns are on adult bikes these days.

Ciaran - we haven't been up in aaaages...live said the same that night at De la soul... So we will be torturing yis the next time we are round that way

2 |

I honestly think that initially, it'll be something new for the morons to wreck, but soon they'll become the norm and the pricks won't even notice they're there.

0 |

What about roof rails, Ceri?

0 |

I can't even wash the roof of my car without standing on a step, never mind get a bike up there!

1 |

Anyone interested in a MTB?
Decathlon rockrider 8.2
Frame: Double-thickness 6061 aluminium . Sloping racing frame. 1.65kg ,.

Rock Shox Reba Race 100mm fork with Motion Control Pop Loc.

Drivetrain: Truvativ Stylo 2-piece 22x32x44 chainset. SRAM X9 shifters. SRAM X9 front/rear derailleurs. SRAM 950 11x34 9 speed cassette.

Position: Rockrider Comp rise oversize handlebars. Rockrider oversize 6° stem. Rockrider Comp 29.8 seatpost. Fi’zik Nisene saddle. XPedo SLCR clipless pedals. Rockrider VPA55AC headset.

Wheels: Mavic XM317 disc rims. Rockrider disk DC91/ DC32 hubs, sealed bearings. DT Swiss spokes and nipples. Hutchinson Barracuda 2.0 airlight tyres.Mavic eyelet rims: for tougher wheels. .

Brakes: Avid Juicy 5

Weight: 11.6kg (size L with pedals).

images.forum-auto.com/...

Only been on the trails a couple of times, only reason I'm selling is that the frame is slightly too big for me. Would suit someone 5'10" or above.

£275 notes for a 11kg race equipped bike.

0 |

Actually now I remember the brakes are shimano deore xt. Recently changed the pads all round too.

0 |

much better bikes out there brand new for just a few quid more .

0 |

example?

0 |

you can barely buy the components for that kinda of money, so you can spoof on.

275 quid is in the region of entry level carrera.

0 |

if you still have that next weekend could well be interested pj.

0 |

not going to ask you to hold on to it for me but hold on to it for me :!

0 |

if you're for real, no worries.

0 |

The fork would cost you nearly £275 alone bukkaroo. You're thinking of a halfords bike with shite components.

0 |

not that i need to convince people, but ill be on the look out for the same bike but the right size or one of the other decathlon bikes. they're exceptionally well specced for the money.

0 |

The fork would cost you nearly £275 alone buckaroo , pure ballix

0 |

I bet it has a bell too

0 |

ah i see. you're trying to be funny.

0 |

trying

0 |

any bike that comes with a bell is ballix

0 |

ding ding

0 |

you sleggin my bike you cunt?

0 |

llf , save yer money lad , shop about first

0 |

The fork obviously isn't worth that now but it costs that new www.chainreactioncycle...

0 |

fork sake like

0 |

Fork out or fork off

0 |

Took the bike down to castlewellen today. Lovely spot. Just done laps of the lake.

0 |

was it good ay?

0 |