Choose a discussion

I have no idea what to look for. I just want something easy & comfy. Its only for cycling round N Belfast. What should I be looking for?
Popped into bikedock earlier and they had a nice pre-owned one, just my size, plus other new ones. Going back tomorrow to test some out but what brands etc are good?
Oh, am getting a kid trailer for the back too if the weight makes a difference to certain bikes...

0 |

That could be applied equally to the cyclist...Poor observation, not using signals etc, that's them failing to notice their position relative to motorists

Be honest, this is because I hijacked your imac thread the other week

0 |

"Around 80% of cycling accidents occur in daylight"

Erm... I'd say that's cus people are 4 times more likely to be cycling during daylight?

Meaningless statistic is meaningless.

0 |

You personally will pay for the crimes of all motorists. I will find you etc...

0 |

Poor observation. Not using mirrors etc. that's failing to notice them.

0 |

So are people crashing into them for the sake of it? Do they hate cyclists that much?

Must be a reason. If it's not a case of failing to notice them, then what?

0 |

I have stepped on your toes here PJ, the tone of all this

0 |

Just wanted some advice about cyling on the footpath for when I get a bike in the summer

AND LOOK AT THIS

0 |

I'd imagine most car accidents happen during those times too.

Given there's more of them, and certainly more fatalities we should probably paint them all reflective orange like.

0 |

Most accidents happen when most cyclists are on the road is what those stats are saying. I would say that is the case alright...

0 |

They all need their eyes tested, according to PJ

0 |

Oh cyclists can be seen, of course

However, they do have a tendency to disappear and reappear from view more frequently and unpredictably than regular pedestrians. From what i'm reading, there seem to be a lot who do struggle to see them in the daylight:

"Around 80% of cycling accidents occur in daylight "

" The most dangerous hours for cyclists are 3.00 to 6.00 p.m. and 8.00 to 9.00 a.m. on weekdays"

www.rospa.com/roadsafe...

0 |

Maybe they're blind! You slaggin' blind people now?! Suppose PJ put you up to this?!

0 |

PJ's right here. How can you not see someone on a bike in daylight?

0 |

LISTEN I AM GOING TO FUCK YOU UP MORTHERFUCKERS

0 |

haha... PJ throwing the stabilisers off the bike here.

0 |

nah, what im saying is, if you cant see a cyclist in normal clothes in daylight, you cant see pedestrians, you should be getting your eyes checked.

for their part, cyclists need to cycle in a sensible manner, some are complete clampits.

0 |

NO I AM FUCKING RAGIN ABOUT THIS!!!!

0 |

For anyone who might be interested... crm.countrysiderecreat...

0 |

PJ, chill out, you are getting into semantics here

This is what I mean by reflective clothing: www.bicyclebuys.com/ac...

It is easier for me to see a cyclist in that sort of gear. That is all i'm saying

0 |

it's heating up in here.

0 |

stupid bitch going on for an interview as well.

0 |

yep - spose its hard to recite a speech someone else has written when you have a camera pointed in your face.

I wonder is her definition of her 'being a cyclist' just that she owns a bike.

0 |

"It was a spur of the moment tweet.....social media gets blown way out of precaution..."

I hate her more now.

www.itv.com/news/angli...

0 |

If you've ever ridden a road bike, you'll appreciate this.

"Martyn Ashton takes the £10k carbon road bike used by Team Sky's Bradley Wiggins & Mark Cavendish for a ride with a difference. With a plan to push the limits of road biking as far as his lycra legs would dare, Martyn looked to get his ultimate ride out of the awesome Pinarello Dogma 2. This bike won the 2012 Tour de France"

1 |

I dont think its the same wheelset though, wiggins had carbon dura ace?

I'm surprised it didn't crack/shatter like fuck. some of the things hes doing there are insane on 23c road tyres like.

0 |

Think they went through many wheels?

0 |

I'm stunned the frame didnt smash to fuck.

There don't advise you to go over kerbs ffs.

0 |

see the lycra wearing fucks who cycle about the roads in packs. jeese. what's with them cunts. you're not in the tour de fucking france so stop cycling beside each other taking up the whole road you pathetic looking wastes of fucking tarmac!

0 |

There's nothing wrong with cycling two abreast, blender boy. Also, that Martyn Ashton video is crazy, I freak out going over potholes on my carbon wheels ffs.

0 |

When Danny MacAskill met Sir Chris Hoy.

Chris Hoy is an absolute beast!

0 |

lol

0 |

What about them Wayne?

0 |

"Imagine being that stupid you probably shouldn't use twitter lol"

People in glass houses...

0 |

Wow, that girl is a douche. "I'm getting, you know, severely bad named".

Imagine being that stupid you probably shouldn't use twitter lol. Feel wick. Must be very embarrassing for the company she works for too.

0 |

Has PJ calmed down yet?

0 |

NO I HAVE NOT CALMED DOWN

0 |

Could be a good Xmas pressie for anyone who's into town riding etc - www.firebox.com/produc...

0 |

I was looking these a few months ago when they were a kick starter, class you can get them now.

0 |

0 |

www.huffingtonpost.co....

knobs!

0 |

fuckers. they were doing that in forests near draperstown with fishing line. Bastards. Started doing biking last week, and if i caught someone doing that, i would string them up with whatever they were using.

0 |

I did a mountain bike race down in Pheonix Park many moons ago and folks were getting punctures from needles thrown away by junkies. Bad craic. They had to change the course to avoid the area.

0 |

The Science Behind the Bike

The Science Behind the Bike is a series of films that investigate how science and technology have transformed the sport of cycling. We talk to Olympic gold-medallists Chris Boardman and Rebecca Romero, and Paralympian gold-medallist Sarah Storey, take a trip to a wind tunnel, consult with Team GB physiologists and hear from design experts and cycling legends such as Graeme Obree and Francesco Moser. In this series you will find out about the legendary Hour Record (the record for the longest distance cycled in one hour), learn about technology, discover the forces that have to be overcome to ride fast and understand how the body deals physiologically when riding at Olympic level. This material was produced to support the Open University module S172 Sport: the science behind the medals.

www.open.edu/openlearn...

0 |

Seriously good deal here for a full carbon road bike, if anyone is in the market...

PlanetX Pro Carbon Sram Rival 22 Road Bike £799.99

www.hotukdeals.com/dea...

0 |

I have a Raleigh Activator GS2 and its far better than that

0 |

That's a very very good deal indeed, 32 on the back as well. If I hadn't got a new bike a few months ago I'd be on that

0 |

Longshot... Anyone know where I could get a set of 1996 Rockshox Judy XC's serviced?

0 |

Victoria Pendleton addressing the Tory conference

ichef.bbci.co.uk/live-...

0 |

Stripped down my Kona there to give it a thorough going over, but the '96 Rockshox Judy XC's have seized up. Long shot, but does anyone know where I could get them looked at/serviced?

0 |

Just took delivery of my eddy merckx emx 1 last week
www.winstanleysbikes.c...

Loving it. Coupled with my Beone Hybrid im fit for anything

0 |