Choose a discussion

I have no idea what to look for. I just want something easy & comfy. Its only for cycling round N Belfast. What should I be looking for?
Popped into bikedock earlier and they had a nice pre-owned one, just my size, plus other new ones. Going back tomorrow to test some out but what brands etc are good?
Oh, am getting a kid trailer for the back too if the weight makes a difference to certain bikes...

0 |

You moron.

0 |

Playford is building me a bike. It's gonna be fucking serious.

0 |

Playford linked me to an awesome looking bike, but I missed it this evening by about an hour. Gutted.

0 |

It'll end up a bit like this, except better.

0 |

I plenty for this, arriving on Monday. www.wheelies.co.uk/p53...

0 |

Mind your fanny on that seat.

0 |

If playford could build me a decent merckx single speed, I would be willing to pay top brick.

0 |

can anyone answer me this please, im deff no expert but im looking some road tyres for my mountain bike www.very.co.uk/reebok-... ive done a bit of research do i need slick tyres or hybrid, bit confused a few links would be awesome

0 |

stoday @ 10:52 p.m.
I plenty for this, arriving on Monday. www.wheelies.co.uk/p...

Fuck me at £550 for that. Your going to look like this

0 |

nice bike s.

on single speed bikes. why? there's a hill around every fucking corner in this country. you're just making a melt for yourself.

0 |

Less maintenance, more of a workout - a 53x13 would be sweet enough for most places around Belfast. Take it up proper hills and you're gonna have a bad time. Also with fixed gears - not single speed - there's no freewheeling. No freewheeling means no slacking off, even downhill. And it makes you concentrate on a smooth pedalling motion rather than just mashing the pedals up and down.

0 |

Anyone paying 550 sheets for that needs locked up.

0 |

I'm not having mine made single speed, it'll be 9/10 afaik, but set up so you still get the clean chain line of the single speeds.

0 |

I hope there will be brakes on this thing lad.

0 |

oh fuck aye, that's more shiny things for me to find the most fucking expensive version of.

Swear to god, give me a page with 100 products on it with no prices and I'll want the most expensive one. It's a curse.

0 |

lol Lemac I could build you that no bother, wee buns.

The gearing for murrays is a shimano nexus 7 speed hub gear system, as murray said you get the clean chainline of a single speed but it has the same gear range as traditional 10 speed.

0 |

btw I do that exact thing with being able to pick the most expensive fucking thing.

0 |

btw if you wanna do the merckx build you want molteni orange te fuck.

0 |

"The gearing for murrays is a shimano nexus 7 speed hub gear system"

same as is on my bike. it's great.

0 |

I've got the jersey playford so it would only be right

0 |

bikes ftw

0 |

I ride a cube with a shimano nexus red band 8 speed. It's like a modern slick version of the one pictured. Getting tension in the chain right can be a pain in the arse though.

0 |

Can't wait for this to be underway properly. Playford is going to see a fella about a frame today.

Depending on how ornate the lugs are, I'm seriously considering getting the forks copper plated. Looks awesome as the copper oxidises.

0 |

Playford later

www.google.co.uk/searc...:

Then telling murray it cost a fortune

0 |

Link fail :(

0 |

Like bikes or not, you have to admit that some of these are just plain ridiculous. Dave Mirra style combos in real life!

0 |

The last bike I bought was over 20 yrs ago

A skyway TA with tuff mags and also had a supergoose. Was never into mountain bikes or racers.

Loved my grifter and chopper when I was a kid before I got into bmxs

0 |

Think the skyway was either a 87 or 88 model

0 |

Free sausage or bacon bap and security marking at city hall this morning till 10 as part of bike week, if anyone wants it. Tasty sausages.

0 |

Great weather for bikes

0 |

Mudguards + jacket and you're golden.

Better craic than sitting in all the traffic I passed on the way in this morning.

0 |

I'd take the traffic any day. I'm in no hurry

0 |

When it loose a foot from diabetes don't coming running to me.

As I'll be laughing on my bike.

0 |

I won't need a foot, I'll be chilling in the traffic warm and dry

0 |

Sounds a bit like Nolan when he was on that show sleepin in the car after a burger at black staff.

0 |

Wanna see what fast looks like? Some of this it's hard to believe he doesn't have an engine. Pity those GoPro cameras always make everything look so flat.

0 |

speaking of fast see obree is wanting to break the land speed record (83mph+)

hes building the bike from steel in his kitchen, he's 47.

LEGEND.

0 |

Fair play. Take some balls to do that on a pushbike with wee skinny tyres.

0 |

How does he plan on doing it? Getting launched from behind a car? Fastest I have went was 51, absolute brown shorts material. Never went that fast ever again, one pothole and you will end up in pieces.

0 |

My new bike just arrived. A fine piece of engineering.

0 |

pics?

0 |

Shit photo of it folded: instagr.am/p/MY7r_zNJDd

0 |

you have a 5km build up then a 200m speed trap.

you also have some kind of aero shield round you.

Hes an a mentalist, but I love those people that are dreamers of the day.

0 |

I need to get myself a bike again. Quite stupid of me to just leave mine behind in a house i lived in. Dont trust myself on the roads with cars though... footpath warrior

0 |

If you a bit freaked by traffic a hybrid isnt the worst start.

Feels bit nippier than a mtb, but upright riding stance and gears you understand.

0 |

i go on footpaths most of the time. usually a better surface. safer. and more fun as i have a tendency to just go as fast as possible on the road, where as on the footpath i chill out and take in what's around me.

0 |

Where's cheapest in town to get a set of slicks/semi-slicks for a 26" wheel?? Saw these which look like they'll do the trick, but if anyone knows of anything better... www.decathlon.co.uk/26...

0 |

Don't think you'll get much cheaper than £7.99 per tyre tbh

0 |

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking, but I was just wondering if anyone knows of better value tyres (whether they're dearer or not)... would rather spend an extra few quid and not be melted by punctures etc.

0 |

What's it for? You mainly want to be going on tarmac, no off road at all?

Have a look at these:
www.chainreactioncycle... (read the description, seems to be slightly more resistant to punctures you get on tarmac)

0 |