Choose a discussion

Choose Your Destiny (or forum type)

So have tested two types:

1. Based off of nodebb, its more reddit like and requires categories. Lots of features etc. Fancy.

imgur.com/LhMCc3I

2. Simpler, based off of a beta called flarum. Its new and much simpler but extendable and can be changed as we go along.

imgur.com/CQwujeg

I'm swaying towards the second one. These screenshots are just from local installs I did with some basic config. There's a few other options out there that are pretty old looking and shite. There's also the build from scratch option which I might do some time but not any time soon.

As i'm not the dictator type, I created a poll for the skeleton crew we have here to vote:

www.polljunkie.com/pol...

1 |

I'm too drunk to check both but will get my assistants Neill molo.and Niall to check out

0 |

Speaking of drinking. I drink maybe twice a year now at most. Last night was first time since July. And all I had was two bottles of that Guiness West Indies Porter. Had the shits all through the night. Was not enjoyable at all.

0 |

I think I've been blocked all year can't complain lol

0 |

Will have a look later. Jolly good.

0 |

Either is fine. What's the difference?

0 |

1st one forces categories basically. Second one doesn't but its still in beta. But its cleaner and quicker.

0 |

Poll is 10 - 1 on the second option so will run with that.

3 |

Don't really like cats

0 |

Is this thing still going?

1 |

There's no saving or resuscitating this.

1 |

Few nostalgia fuelled posts and then you remember how shite it was/is

1 |

It wasn't that bad, it was never a repository for intellectual debates it was a 5min time waster whilst sittin on the shitter

0 |

Think positive gherks, TGOL are back

1 |

I never got the hate at all. Great wee forum. Plenty of slegging and craic but loads of good recommendations and stuff too. The only people who hated it were the ones who took it too seriously and got annoyed over the smallest things. Dunno why they kept coming back if it wound them up that much.

1 |

Exactly Mo, it is what it was, a place where our fellow norn iron'ers could post or ask about shite and engage in some occasionally funny banter/sleggin and hear a wee story to pass a few minutes whilst dropping the kids off

0 |

You're not shiting now are ye mate?

0 |

nah "werking" from home today and bored outa my fucking tree, that and the kids are getting home schooled, kitchen is a fucking mess and were sharing the dining room table... someone is about to get cut

0 |

How you finding working from home?

0 |

Disappointed you weren't keeking there while replying to molo

0 |

Just a bunch of Karens, Molo.

2 |

World is full of them now Takki

1 |