Choose a discussion

Selling Your Gaf

Any of yiz sold your house without a traditional estate agent? Was thinking with property pal etc now they really aren't needed. Been dealing with a few lately and they'd put you off trying to move.

0 |

As long as you don't mind taking the calls and doing the viewings, it's worth just going with Purple Bricks or the like. The amount going to estate agents is a rip off.

0 |

Yeah, I don't want them knowing what I get for my house in case it makes them think I'll pay more for the house I'm looking to buy. Since the hoors are probably all in cahoots the only way to do this is to sell myself.

0 |

I think estate agents are still the way to go imo. They'll get more traffic, it's good to keep distance from your buyers. I've sold a few houses through them before and they've always had bidding wars, they'll know if you've got a tyre kicker to stay clear from and who is chain free etc. Worth the money if bidding pays the fees.

I also recognise that they are dicks, and fuck up all the time. I bought through SimonBrien and they're fucking useless. Basically each agent had a 100 houses on their books, too big a workload. Just make sure you're on propertypal and propertynews and pay a few quid more to keep your advert on the front page.

0 |

Not sold, but I bought a place in London without agents. I was living in an estate which had an online forum and asked i anyone was selling...and someone was. It was as simple as that. Obviously depends on your situation/area/who you want to reach out to.

I later sold it through an agent and that was a pain in the arse. The same forum didn't help when it came to my time to sell haha

0 |