Choose a discussion

Netflix v Amazon Prime

Anyone got a preference? I got a new TV a few weeks ago and subscribed to Netflix and I'm a bit underwhelmed. My wife wanted to watch Disney movies with the kids but there aren't any available. The movie selection is not comprehensive enough. The interface is just not great. Anyone use amazon prime? I was wondering if it is any better. I know movie selection etc will be similar but with prime it seems you pay less and get more for your money.

0 |

I have both.....and I'll be unsubscribing soon.....unless you are someone who sits glued to the box for hours they are just not worth it. With Netflix so many of the series have similar actors that I ended up not having a clue what I was watching. The first few episodes of 'Lost in Space' last night sealed Netflix fate as far as I am concerned......gash!

0 |

Thanks yeah. I think I'll just add sky cinema to my sports package while the good lady is on maternity.
Those kodi things like exodus were the absolute job.

0 |

Download show box and terrarium both r better than either netflix or amazon

0 |

And free.

0 |

prime is utter balls. poor selection and bad interface

0 |

Ignore everything you've heard before me

Prime is class. Free next day delivery is a joy and their video content is actually very good

If you've got a big shiny new 4k tv, you'll not want to be mincing about with barely HD streams that don't always even work in Terrarium or the like

I have started watching Grand Tour ffs because it looks so good

0 |

Netflix good for original content and everything else changes monthly. Prime has a massive catalog and practically free.

0 |

Pretty much everything Muzak said

0 |

Don't like that prime video will have some free, some pay-off content mixed in with each other, not well laid out

0 |

There's literally 20+ shows on Prime that I could happily start watching right now because they look very good and the reviews back it up

Currently watching Startup with Martin Freeman which has been great.. And The Grand Tour because it looks absolutely stunning in 4k HDR. And they make the most of it with the type of shit they do on it

0 |

Neither of them are great for movies, although they've both been improving with their own original movie productions recently, but the bought in stuff it's usually fairly stale. Disney are looking to start their own streaming service for all their movies and TV (that'll include Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars etc), so that's why you see so little of it elsewhere.

I think both are great value for TV though, certainly much better than what you will get via Sky. Prime has a smaller selection, but you do get the other benefits like faster shipping from Amazon, and there's music and Kindle subscriptions included if you're into those.

Both combined are far less than even the base Sky package is per month though, it should be said! Think you can still get both for under £20 a month?

0 |

The faster shipping with Amazon Prime has gone totally hit and miss. Rarely next day and they use their own mystery delivery people who have zero idea how to handle a package. Last month I received an email to say delivery attempted but no one in as I was stood in our office awaiting delivery! Bastards.

0 |

I'm also hoping one of them will make a move into streaming sports soon and disrupt that - I'm fed up of having to pay (not that I actually do mind you - Acestream) for 2 different subscription packages with Sky or BT or whoever to get access to 1 rugby match a week, and not 99% of the other crap.

0 |

I've ordered a load of stuff in the last few weeks and the delivery has been spot on.
I mean its normally 2 days if youre ordering anytime after morning but that's fine

I seen there yesterday there's some sort of new legislation that says companies have to be more clear with their delivery prices to NI

0 |

Last summer I was in the kitchen, but our front door was open. Was getting something out of the fridge, heard someone call my name through the door - I juked my head out and went "yeah?" and this big fucker in a hi-viz vest threw my package into the hall and sprinted back to his car. I'm guessing these delivery spuds get paid per package?

0 |

Unless they've changed it in the last 20 years I'd say so

0 |

Netflix easily

I've prime also but mostly for next day delivery, rarely watch it's shows

0 |

There's a really simple way forward on this ma.. Take Prime and Netflix out and see what you think yourself.

First month is free and no long term contract on both

0 |

Aye I've had Netflix for about 3 weeks. I'll get prime to see as well.

0 |