Choose a discussion

The Hudson

I see it's a peaky blinders bar now. I thought that was just a one off thing.
Superb long term plan that

0 |

Haha

Need Murray input

Place has went downhill fast since they left. Like the blueprint on how not to run a successful pub

0 |

Wtf happened? Who owns it now? Surely they're not planning on this lasting longer than six months lol

0 |

Hold like it's a bar designed on the era or it's like that shite they opened in Liverpool

0 |

Apparently the staff dress up like they are in the show. Proper cringe.

0 |

Mind you filthies have been getting in the cast to DJ etc. so its not the only one jumping on a bandwagon.

0 |

Has all the markings of the ephemera of the crisp cafe that time

0 |

I seen someone on twitter describe it was 'Doctor who for Kasabian fans' lol

Gonna be class rocking down in there in a waistcoat, suit jacket and flat cap in the summer

0 |

oddly nowhere seems to have taken the opportunity to capitalise on the hudson going down the pan. the menagerie maybe, but its not a spot for casual drink really. sunflower maybe, but its not the same vibe really.

0 |

fucking vibe. i hate that word.

0 |

We all wear flat caps I take it, aye?

0 |

Is there another bar with the capacity to do that though. The Hudson had that individuality that would be hard to get anywhere else not to mention big yard etc and fact it was off the beaten track a bit but still in town

0 |

Chill the vibe PJ

0 |

vibed out to the max

0 |

vibe-rater

0 |

UpInArmsMa guess thats why i said sunflower, it has a big outdoors part/good drinks selection. not the same focus musically though.

0 |

Whats the atmos like PJ?

0 |

vibes? mazin.

0 |

sunflower is good. laid back, good mix of punters. kinda crusty.

0 |

I'm always puzzled what the owners thought was going wrong with the decent version of the Hudson. Seemed to be a very busy place. It's dismal what has happened to it, pure gimmickery.

0 |

Everything went downhill when TF was barred... Same will apply to this place with TJ

2 |

This place is already sunk deep into the pile of faeces that rolled down the hill. The only way is up. Or sideways.

0 |

This forum is weird in the sense that we all say its been dead for years yet we all keep coming back and investing a reasonable chunk of our time using it.
Can't be that dead

I blame the singleisation of threads like films and football

Remember the good old days of starting a thread for any old reason

0 |

I don't get people complaining about it or hating it. Why keep coming back if you find it miserable? It seems like some people gleam zero enjoyment from it but force themselves to keep turning up. Must be sadists.

0 |

Y'all take your shit to seriously this board is nothing but a time waster with the occasional bit o craic and handy info, what more do you want?

1 |

Handy info indeed. I've loads of things round the house here I bought on someone off heres recommendation

3 |

I like the chat.

I have no actual mates tho

4 |

Garas cabinet?

0 |

If anyone knows ec Kerry footballer Paul Galvin? He released a Peaky Blinders clothing range in Dunnes...

lol

3 |

lol that sentence..

0 |

we just finished watching Peaky Blinders there, missed the whole palava about it when it first aired but by fuck its a fantastic show and the lads all do dress dapper as fuck

0 |

I love Killian Murphy. Seen him in a play recently where he was BUCK NAKED. I enjoyed it

1 |

Can't love him that much, you completely misspelt his name and disrespected him and his entire family in the process love.

0 |

I prefer it with a K though so it's grand

1 |

Fuck off Duffy lol

Paul galvin hahahaha

0 |

Wee jokes love

0 |

Some serious about of the Woodbines toked in Peaky Blinders.

0 |

And whispering

0 |

chips

i.imgur.com/m9xePm9.png

0 |

lol i cant even remember the original post about thon cabinet

0 |

Think he was wanting to sell it lol

0 |

I remember it although I'm sure I read the thread years later again. Pure gold.
The board was flat out years ago and we didn't even have smartphones then.

0 |

He was looking crazy money for it too.

0 |

i remember him posting about wanting to sell it and beefing it up like fuck and y'all be the sarcy cunts we are piled on lol

0 |

He was talking about it being designed by some named designer that nobody had heard of.

0 |

David Holmes used to own it lads, it's got celebrity style oozing out of it.

0 |

Holmer didn't own it, was designed by same guy made homers kitchen

4 |

I was convinced he was RJ for ages as he stopped posting around time RJ started

At least I seemed to think that

0 |

HELLO MATTHEW ITS GARA GAMBINI HERE

1 |

Gara was chaotic neutral, RJ is more of a lawful evil character.

0 |

Garas late night PM's were stuff of nightmares

0 |