Choose a discussion

4k.. mmmkay

Right time to go 4k, let's talk tvs and content

going for a new TV so any recommendations are welcome

Ideally HDR and low latency for the gaming. Hoping to spend 700-800. Size anything from 40-55. Show off your tvs

Regards content.. Gonna go for Virgin full house package or sky q depending on the deals

At face value Virgin seems the better option when taking into account I already have the Internet so it would work out around 80 for everything. Includes BT sports

Anyone know much about the content on Virgin. I would imagine sky have a bigger selection but I see the virgin box the v6 supports HDR which sky q doesn't and has no plans to AFAIK

0 |

If your going to get 4k, go 60+ inches. Def dont get anything less than 55. I vote for samsung. Make sure you check how many HDMI ports can pipe HDR. My samsung for instance only has one.

0 |

Be sure to get 10-bit HDR (and watch out for the fake 10-bit ones which are actually 8-bit but has some software things that's meant to give them 'equivalent' to 10-bit... they're apparently far closer to standard 8-bit than a proper 10-bit panel).

Richer Sounds usually does 6 year guarantee for free also, I think.

0 |

Have never really looked into the viewing distances before mm but i see what you mean.. seems pointless to get say a 50inch 4k tv and sit 10 feet away from it in a living room

So it's either go big or go home (or sit a lot closer)

I'm kinda torn between replacing the tv in the living room with something around 60inch or getting a smaller one and keeping in kitchen for gaming, where id be sitting a lot closer

Must look into the types of HDR, i think the ps4 only supports HDR10 as well

0 |

anyone says they don't notice 4K on a 55 needs glasses tbf but 55 would be a minimum these days depending on room size, id love to go bigger in my drawing room but have decided to invest in a 4K projector instead now that prices are down to more reasonable £££ and can get a 130" screen above the fireplace

0 |

What do you draw in the drawing room?

My money is on comedy cocks

2 |

I have a 55' OLED and an 49' UltraHD - should the UltraHD be better display??? Cos it's not imo.

LG btw

0 |

I thought all new LG oled TVs are 4k?

In which case I'd say 4k oled is better than uhd led

0 |

Muzka • 41 minutes ago
What do you draw in the drawing room?

Baby grand piano

0 |

with a cock drawn underneath it for the lolz

1 |

Sound kinky RJ

0 |

Anyone have virgin.. What's their 4k content like? The football up to much on it

0 |

Could someone post up decent examples of 4k sets? Samsung or Sony.

0 |

Mate need yer budget

0 |

About £2k

0 |

Better to go with last year's sets anyway, not much new on the 2018 stuff and the high end 16/17 sets will have been updated to support the latest HDR standards, my Sony X93c is a few years old and the picture quality still blows me away and the sound is a million times better than any set out there

0 |

Do you have a sound bar or separates system?

0 |

Factor that in, but for 2k I'd be looking at last year's LG Oled's and a soundbar, last year's Oled's all used the exact same panel so the picture quality is roughly the same throughout the range

0 |

Currys done a deal on Sony's top of the range 55" OLED with acoustic screen for about £2500 for a week only, was soon fucking tempted, apparently the man was telling me they where shifting about 10 a day due to the value

0 |

I have a sound bar and woofer. Annual bonus due in April so I may pull trigger on a new telly. Either that or a new watch.

0 |

There ya go bLVBRBMEiwAmKSB86Bhd8fv8mKqtgVmMvP1urPPdwGKYERQmKNOFrwAnHkt4Swm5D1IMBoCO2sQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Review www.avforums.com/revie...

0 |

www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/...

It's what I'd buy if I'd 2k to drop on a telly and didn't need to worry about audio

0 |

High end 2017 Panasonic oled, what's not to love

0 |

Use the same panels as a cheaper LG oled but applies Panasonic's magic to it

0 |

I still think Samsung is the dogs balls. Th sound on the one Sony I had was so bad I took it back and replaced it with a Samsung.

0 |

www.audiovideohd.fr//s... thats my telly with the high resolution speakers and wireless sub, the sound is phenomenal from it, cant see me replacing it until TV tech goes 8k/HFR

0 |

Nice telly rj

0 |

Love it, so different from all the other uninspiring identical tv designs, I have no idea why Sony didn't keep it

0 |

I like the small feet too. I find that a centre stand with feet leaves the telly wobbly as fuck too.

0 |

Hard to keep clean with 2 wee'ans constantly touching it but when she's spotless it's a beautiful big slab of black glass

0 |

Have yet to see a better looking telly, Sony discontinued it because people didn't like the speakers ffs, 2nd hand market for them is gold dust as they hold their value

0 |

Got this for my self love xmas present www.richersounds.com/l... does ok with the gaming and the one x. COD online im moving to the samsung monitor as its just too big to a twitch shooter. Some decent 4k on iptorrents as well. Virgin is card shared so i've not had a chance to try that yet

0 |

www.richersounds.com/l... starting to look like this will be the pick. Comes in at 1k.

0 |

I wish TCL and Vizio tellies were sold here, so frequently see them mentioned as 'best on a budget' in the 4K range, but apparently US only.

0 |

Heard the Vizio are great value alright

The only thing disturbing me about a possible selection at this stage is the refresh rate..
That LG is 60hz and uses frame interpolation of 1900
Can't see much on the reviews about it, I must have a dig on the forums.
No point buying something for 4k footy if it's gonna have motion blur

0 |

HFR TV'S aren't available yet, that technology is sitting in the wings ready to go

0 |

Got a new TV. Got a 49inch Sony. Got a new Cambridge Audio soundplate to go with it as well. Some difference from the cheap shite I had.
I took out a Netflix subscription as well. Netflix won't work through the ARC but sky does. Not a problem as I can use the optical but it's a headwrecker.
The aul interface on Netflix is a bit ain't it.

0 |