Choose a discussion

'back in the day'

Now that we're all getting a little longer in the tooth, have a hoak through your old folders, reminiscent playlists and beautiful beats and post them up for us (streaming links FTW).

This just came up when I asked Alexa to play me some LTJ Bukem

Journey Inwards by LTJ Bukem

open.spotify.com/track...

0 |

Just to add, rather than tunes being posted left, right and centre, give some background for posterity.

Back in the late nineties/early 2000's I was fucking obsessed by liquid drum and bass, I still am tbh, I adore it. I used to cream myself when a new track came out or when Good Looking Records released something. Its was like a gift from the gods. Still great too.

0 |

Book'em Danno!

0 |

best night of my life..

0 |

There's a story behind this...

0 |

smack panther

0 |

all of the cds were great in this one...but especially liked the junglist one..

0 |

I have kutski mixes on full blast on the beats when I go for a walk I love his choice of tracks, this from a mainly hip hop fan lol lol but u gotta keep the pace up so this music helps and he has a sense of humour in his track choices lol

I use iTunes but here’s an example from the tube

I used to use old dj X-ray mixes from the 90s til I was working night shifts years ago and this guy had a slot on radio 1 at 2am

0 |

Best dj about.

Hardstyle stuff he plays now is absolute trunks but he can literally do any sort of mix.

1 |

Sci - The Darkside - Side B

Never had this off when i first got into dance music at about 14, always felt it be a class scene to be a part of

0 |

baz, you on the pure too?

0 |

the mixing was tight on that inTelligence stuff.. listen from 24 mins. shit

0 |

unreal

0 |

Outside magilligan here about to hit it lol

0 |

Carl Cox art college speckled mitzis buckfast n fuckits need I say more

0 |

Moving out of Queens elms into stranmillis when this was released, then skipping university to hang out in botanic driniking and smoking on sunny summer days. This was the standout soundtracking album ...

1 |

0 |

First ever wee rave tape. Still bangin. Love it

0 |

HArdkiss at the Art College....I lost my shit completely

1 |

Obvs thats not him at the ARt College....just a radio mix

0 |

Great stuff...never heard of him

0 |

Think Scott is dead...not sure about Gavin Hardkiss....I still have some of their 12" here but never play it. So many good times back then when people actually cut loose at a party rather than shuffle like a twat with their phone in the air.

0 |

Yeah scott dead,many nites I've had in art college I've had my mind blown, Marc Oberon Christian Vogel Paul Daley wow Paul Daley

0 |

Bought mixmag every month for God knows how long. As you know, always came with a CD. This one in particular was the soundtrack for my weekends for months. Some weapons on it. Lost it and never found it again FS

www.discogs.com/Slam-1...

0 |

Had this tape given to me. Passed round a few mates and ended up being the soundtrack to many a session back in the early 90s

0 |

You should just buy it mincer from £1.32 love discogz for that

1 |

Laurent garnier mixmag is an absolute belter of a mix

0 |

0 |

That tracklist is superb Mincer. must blast that when cleaning the gaff later

1 |

Justin Robertson's free mix tape from Select mag early 90s is another much played mix that still stands up today

1 |

Humane 3.1, taps aff

0 |

That's a cracking mix phunk

0 |