Choose a discussion

Know a few on here have been. Recommendations?

Going to be out there for 2 weeks doing some work. Will have a couple of weekends.

0 |

A quick search threw this up, never knew it was elsewhere outside of Barcelona onarhongkong.com

0 |

Some spot. The light show, The Peak and the big Buddha are 3 must sees

1 |

Defo on the peak and big Buddha

0 |

Amazing place to visit. Been a few times.

0 |

Don't buy anything electronic on the Nathan Road! DO see the symphony of lights (every night!). Ride the funicular (as in sit in it not actually shag it), Go on the Nong Ping 360 in a glass car...it's nuts. Get a suit or two made with some crazy ass jazz shirts. Eat at the out of the way places.....don't get in the way of serious guys in suits! Get a foot massage or if you are brave enough a full Bobby massage!

The weirdest thing for me was the fact that there are not really any shop fronts as we know them.....took me a few days to find the Hi Fi shops...all up skyscrapers with little or no signage......geek paradise once I found them.

Big Buddha is Big.....you can go for a meal in the temple too.

5 |

Shout on the funicular tram. Its vertiginous. Freaked me out a bit it was so steep. Near sure its in the Guinness book of records

1 |

Definitely get a tailored suit made. Thats all I know.

0 |

Bobby massage? Wearing gloves n'all? Can i call her "mum" throughout?

0 |

good tips btw ta. ive only really got drinking some weird coffee tea mix and going up escalators on my list along with victoria peak. may as well make something out of travelling for work

0 |

When I went I spent a week in the city then a week in the country where nobody spoke English. Recommend getting out of the city if you can though city is amazing also.

0 |

The beaches are nice to spend a day and a welcome break from the intense humidity of the city

0 |

Didn't even know there was beaches mate

0 |

Neither did I then found out I was going to the beach one day. For some reason I just didn't expect it to have beaches even though surrounded by sea

1 |

Same as that. Hong Kong owes me big time.

0 |

Tokyo shits all over HK.

0 |

I'd say totally different places though? I'd prefer to go to tokyo

0 |

Tokyo does shit on HK but they're both great. - HK for a weekend, Tokyo for a week. Go to Tsim Sha Tsui in Kowloon for dinner one night. Get the boat over. Good food and drinks and amazing views over Wan Chai, Central and Causeway Bay. Also, go to Cafe Gray Bar at the top of The Upper House. My favourite hotel there and the bar does great cocktails and bar snacks with amazing views over the city. And, of course, hit up Lan Kwai Fong late a night. Just wander along with no plans, you'll stumble upon something great. Go for a proper massage - they have some great places with big lounges, loads of sports on, you can lie up in a lazy boy ordering food and drinks, then go for a massage and come back to chill again.

0 |

Also, if you have a couple of weekends, get the ferry over to Macau for a day. There's not a whole pile to see as it really is just a mini Vegas but its cool to check out if you have the time

0 |

I mean I'm sure that the people I'm going out to meet will move the meeting to toyko off the back of that post.

Cheers daire. Staying quarry bay, probably be business during the day and sedate dinners at night. But weekend is up to us.

Do you have up to date hep A?

1 |

Fair enough. Be sure to hit up LKF though after one of your sedate dinners, things can spiral pretty quickly from there. Nah, nothing to worry about on Hep A. Really low amount of cases since the early 90s. I used to go to HK quite a bit for weekends when i lived in Singapore and never any issues

0 |