Choose a discussion

Yous giving anything up lads? And before you say you're not religious, I know that but its a good time to give something up regardless surely. Test yourself and all that. I'm gonna give up all animal products and their attendant byproducts.

Plus, any taigs in don't forget its annual look at me I'm a cahlick day so get your ashes lads.

Best always, your friend.

1 |

TBF if you aren't religious, why not give up stuff and test yourself the rest of the year?

0 |

I do that too pal but usually try extra hard those 40 days though. Crisps and chocolate and fizzy drinks and the like.

1 |

I'm trying to give up effortlessly accumulating upvotes. Think it could be a struggle though tbh.

1 |

1080p

2 |

vegans must not have much left to give up tbf molo.

2 |

Ha literally just sent a text to someone with '... But don't worry I'm not a religious weirdo'. I always go off sweets and chocolate but this year I'm going off the going to the shop beside work. Between coffee, crossaints, sweets, sandwiches etc I'll be saving about a tenner a day lol

0 |

Haha. Good man. There's a lad who gets it

0 |

Why deny yourself.

0 |

Good to go off shit that isn't good for you I suppose.

0 |

imagine denying yourself all the good shit, and then getting hit by a bus. whats it all for? Live fast, die young.

1 |

Imagine not getting hit by the bus though?

1 |

Imagine fucking the bus though

4 |

We're here for a good time, not a long time lads

1 |

Imagine Muzka was on the bus when it hit you and posted about it on Facebook.

1 |

And if a double decker bus, crashes into us...

0 |

imgur.com/RHfEoQ

2 |

I unashamedly use lent as a dieting aid every year. No ashes involved
Went out with a bang last night and had a big bar of Darymilk Daim all to myself. Top drawere it was

0 |

I can demolish those 100g bars in seconds, take it all in my stride. Such a fat bastard

0 |

Beer and crisps gone. This will be tricky. Oh, and I plan to up the fitness regime to 2 runs a week from 1. UTH

0 |

Yes, Niall!!!

0 |

I’ll be 500 days sober in a few weeeks think I get a pass on lent this year lol

2 |

Sounds like you need a drink.

3 |

Wax Fingers • 2 hours, 57 minutes ago
I’ll be 500 days sober in a few weeeks think I get a pass on lent this year lol

Fair play. I have been sober from 12th of August. I don't plan on ever drinking again and its glorious.

2 |

ive been sober 4days, struggling here waiting till sat rolls around

0 |

stay at it man the benefits just keep coming :)

0 |

I'm planning on going to Mass on Sundays..............hmmmmm we'll see

0 |

Why?

0 |

Wax Fingers • 3 hours, 41 minutes ago
I’ll be 500 days sober in a few weeeks think I get a pass on lent this year lo

Amazing man. Keep it up

1 |

Drink a bad thing lads. Rarely do it myself. Can't do the hangovers any more. 1 beer a week on a Friday evening usually does me if even that. Nothing beats waking up fresh on the weekends

0 |

Always do it in solidarity with the wife, crisps, sweets and chocolate. Good to test yourself and willpower

0 |

Going to mass?

1 |

What happened on 12th August to prompt giving up the drink s2?

0 |

Nothing specific happened. That was just the day after the last time I drank. And I'd only had a glass of wine. I just stopped.

2 |

How do you think your life has improved since giving it up?

0 |

Can't see the upside to not drinking, what is it - health, money?

2 |

Its a choice. Like not eating meat or sugar or whatever. I would say health is a big part. Especially mental health.

2 |

Mental wellbeing, general health, lack of the fear, being more productive, loads of things. The extra coin is nice too I suppose

1 |

Generally, even if i have two or three pints or glasses of wine I feel like crap the next day. Not really worth drinking for a lot of people as well unless you are going to get drunk. And if i get even slightly drunk, the next day is pretty dark.

0 |

Spot on man. Hangovers kill me now. I mean proper depths of despair and depression. Not worth it at all. Only get drilunk once every few months now. Can see me cutting that out as time goes on although I'm not sure I could give it up. That one wee bottle every week or every two weeks on a Friday after work hits the spot

0 |

Hoovering a lovely bottle of red is hard to beat though.

1 |

You're an animal though Takkmeister

2 |

hangovers are bad but always have been. my main problem is whether i got for 6 pints or a full sesh, i cant remember anything. entire nights blanked out even if i wasnt drunk. some amount of dough just to have hours of your life removed ha

1 |

Unfortunately it's regrettable the next morning, nearly always. I definitely have developed a serious love/hate relationship with the booze over the last few years.

0 |

Have got that a fair bit too, Utah. It's weird though. The hazy memory for me nearly always only happens when I'm out and drinking. The other night, I was absolutely loving the red and had a bottle in to me by about 8pm. The GF was out so I was watching some sport on the TV from fairly early evening and in great form. On her way back, I got her to pick up another bottle of red and by about 11/12pm I had that drank too and a couple of beers, yet was still reasonably fine. Not actually too bad the next morning/day either, and could remember everything from the previous night.

Now if that had of been when I was out. And I'd drank two bottles of red wine and a couple of beers, I'd have been a mess, wouldn't have had a clue what/where I'd been the next day and I'd have felt absolutely horrendous for about 3 days after.

0 |

Brewdog Mr President is 3 for £5.25 in tesco, 9.2% it is an absolute weapon. I was on it for a pre-swal before i went out last week and i can't remember anything beyond the first two bars. Flashes of sitting in what i think is a beer garden, with a statue of barrels in the middle. No idea where that is though.

Fucking killer hangover the next day and i never ever get them. Being forced to dance to the my little pony theme tune at 8am with a brain driller of a hangover is some craic!!

4 |

Ha Neil. I wonder is it because your mind has to record so much more when youre out. probably easier for the mind to be drunk and basically stay within the same walls at home?

0 |

lol I dunno. Just seems to be a lot easier to get into shapes when out.

0 |

Felt like giving up the drink after that stag. So much drank and too many mad cunts knocking about and mad shit happening. Got offered a blowjob for 12 euro well she started at 20 haggled her down to 12 . Ya have to when your in them sorta places. Best blowjob in Bellamadina just laughed it off listen love I had a wank before I left the hotel there's nothing left.

0 |

Lads, this is not putting me aff the drink. Think of the (vague) memories!

0 |

12 yoyo blowie? Toothless granny was it? Mad all right!

0 |