Choose a discussion

Biggest Weekend

Beck and Manic Street Preachers confirmed for Belfast as part of that free BBC thing theyre doing all over the UK because its a fallow year at Glastonbury. 25th and 26th May.

You are so welcome, guys.

1 |

Apparently not free. £18.50 + booking fee

1 |

I like Public Service Broadcasting, but big nah on Beck, never could enjoy his music.

0 |

Have you heard the song he did on the last Chemical Brother's album?

0 |

Yeah, I like that one, but it's his own compositions that I don't like.

0 |

went off beck when i found out he was a scientologist

1 |

Beck puts on a good show. Will support.

0 |

PSB are a poor mans Lemon Jelly IMHO though I'd be interested to see who else is lined up for this weekend.

0 |

I mean, they're only similar in the sense that they're twee and like to use lots of silly samples, but I saw them at a festival here in Dublin a couple of years ago and they're a proper band otherwise. Good live.

0 |

Belfast definitely got the best of that bunch though.

1 |

I'd quite like the Nigel Kennedy concert myself, but yeah Belfast got the best 'channel' lineup, 6Music.

0 |

Anyone going to see Scooter? :D:D

1 |

Where is the venue?

0 |

That's a great lineup for Belfast ffs. Have tickets already to see beck and yeah yeah yeah in dublin

1 |

Courtney Barnett is also great. Although I've never really been a manics fan

1 |

PiL playing Bangor in August. What a lovely day by the seaside that will be.

0 |

Orbital on the bill nai too. Cheers 6 music

1 |

Goldie live as well

1 |

Thought that was somewhere else, fuck all wrong with that

0 |

The Breeders too, fuck yes.

0 |

That song is fucking class.

0 |

Remember when MTV was brilliant

0 |

Remember when what we got was MTV Europe and it was really fucking weird?

0 |

First video I remember on MTV

0 |

Tis a strange lineup this one:

Is there a large crossover in Ash and Little Dragon fans?

1 |

That the complete lineup?

0 |

No idea if it's final, but it was on Facebook today there

0 |

I'd have put Public Service Broadcasting, Beck, and Orbital on the Saturday, swapping Franz Ferdinand, First Aid Kit, and Ash over to Friday. Probably would make more thematic sense, no?

2 |

Bit of a broad mishmash. Almost as if they're trying to please everyone instead of just doing two completely separate days.

0 |

I think the idea is to showcase a range rather than two themed days? Bit like the station?

0 |

because goldie and orbital will both attract the same crowd so it increases the chnaces the are not going to have a dud day

0 |

Another big name to be announced tomorrow morning on Shaun Keavenys show

0 |

Underworld!!!!!!!

0 |

Which day for underworld?

0 |

Saturday

0 |

Hmm was hoping for the Friday.

0 |

anyone else having issues putting in your postcode? wont let me enter my Belfast postcode but says the same in pot 2?

do you enter more than just your postcode?

0 |

You put it all in uppercase and no spaces?

0 |

Yeah, same on pot 2 and neither work, just says check your code

0 |

Got 4 tickets for each night. Watch out as ticketmaster have a sneaky add insurance thing on the final page. I paid 15.90 for that shit. Going to try and get a refund on that.

0 |

Seems it was just a block in work. Got it sorted now

0 |

Tickets bucked for the Saturday.

0 |

Best lineup Belfast has ever seen.

0 |

Got tickets for the Saturday. Looks good

0 |

Got for both days. That lineup for 45 quid is unreal, and I get to sleep in my own bed. As above, paid more than that just for Beck in Dublin.

1 |

For sure, valuetastic. Nearly was getting tix for Dublin Beck and talked myself out last minute. Getting 2 days with this and have change as you say PJ. Belfast lucked out on the line ups

1 |

Young Fathers are great live. One of the best gigs I have seen in Belfast was their set at the Black Box. So good

0 |

Great line up this .gonna do both days

0 |

It's also European Cup final weekend. Liverpool fans might have to sell their Saturday tickets ;)

0 |

Bookmarked

1 |

Zing!

0 |