Choose a discussion

Gaming 2018

New year New thread, can't believe no one's snapped this one up ffs, anyways all I've been playing is Skyrim VR for those that have played it, it's the same shit but ramped up 1000% you really can't explain the sheer fucking coolness of playing inside the game, I've a bunch of other stuff just sitting there that I cant see me playing for ages and with PS+ my library of great unplayed games keeps bloody growing..

Also been really thinking of buying one of these rover.ebay.com/rover/0... coupling it with a sticker kit and there's a bloke on Facebook selling a retro game console that has a cracking front end and around 18,000 games from MAME, SNES all the way up to PS1 and bunging one of those in to have my very own arcade cabinet for under £500

0 |

That would be class. You could probably find the blue prints for it, and build your own the way you want it.

0 |

Sly move RJ

0 |

#PCMasterRace absolutely destroying other platforms this year again for the amount of good gaming available.

www.metacritic.com/fea...

0 |

Plus the best game of the year runs better on the PC than it does on the Nintendo Switch #cemu

0 |

Didn't know the master race had got it running on PC. Have you tried it, deck?

0 |

Grabbed morrowiwnd for ESO. Probably he shite. But it was 25

0 |

Imagine a game running better on more powerful hardware *gasp*

0 |

They've emulated switch??

0 |

It's amazing this master race is too cheap to pay for games

0 |

#PCMasterRace

0 |

Matthew, did you hear my wee Mac Mini can run PC games better than takkis big high end PC, via the Cloud?

#RIPcmasterrace

0 |

Who said anything about not paying for games?

Its a WiiU emulator. The most recent version of cemu now includes support for multi-threaded processors. It is quite impressive that they have got it running at 4K 60fps, despite the hardware advantage emulation is always a bit hit or miss.

0 |

Not paying for hardware either - which is important to Nintendo's bottom line to let them continue to make all those great first-party games. It's not master Decks.

0 |

*masterful

0 |

Who said anything about not paying for hardware?

0 |

Aye, I'm sure all those emulators are good little boys!

0 |

*Emulator users

0 |

Seems as logical an assumption than all emulator users are bad little boys.

0 |

Logical? Aye, sure, you keep telling yourself that

0 |

balls, could have got a green velvet 'bad little kiddies' reference in

rave years officially over

0 |

lol at all the angry console peasants

0 |

Matthew, have you still got one of the defunct Xbox things?

0 |

Yeah, takki you'd love all the shite fishing games on it...

1 |

haha touché

0 |

In 2018 gaming news, The Division is finally a really good game. Latest patch is pretty much its Taken King moment - so much variety in content & builds, matched with a rewarding progression path. Well timed as Destiny 2 has hit rock bottom, which is a bit of a shame considering the work Bungie put in to win gamers back.

Dark Zone is mega fun now, even for someone that mostly plays solo.

0 |

I 'member the days when games used to be released finished, now we're getting them 2 years after release.

1 |

tbf to Massive, The Division was an ambitious undertaking and they could have just dropped support after their Year 1 DLC obligations were fulfilled.

Still, risky business buying games on release

0 |

I gave The Division a go to start with and hated it pretty quickly. interested to see what it's like now that it seems to be getting plaudits

Destiny done itself no favours with the changes it has made in 2. A lot of people went back to play 1 ffs!
Ultimately it just got too boring for me. Same shite different skins. 4 years later. Would need major overhaul for me to give it another minute

Funny thing is i've bought a lot of games over the last year but the 2 i'm playing most at the minute are essentially free to play. is this the way they're all gonna go i wonder

0 |

No because Red Dead Redemption 2 is going to come out this year and we're all going to be slaves to it for a while.

0 |

Apart from the PC Master Race of course

0 |

That motorcycle game come out looks good. Days Gone or something

0 |

I know it mightn't be most of your thing but can anyone recommend fun family games for ps4?

I got knowledge is power which you play with your phone and it's great craic, anything similar?

0 |

They'll eventually release the non-30fps slideshow version on the PC Matthew, same as the release of GTA V

0 |

Mods for RDR2 could be interesting... #PCMR

0 |

Overcooked = fun family game and on sale now

0 |

They never released RDR for PC, Deckard. I'd actually doubt the sequel will get a PC port either, at least not for a couple of years anyway.

0 |

Was it about 6 months after GTAV came out on consoles before it came out on PC? They've made a future with the in game purchases in GTAV on PC, and apparently RDR2 is going to have more in that way of things, so to hold back a PC release for that long would probably be a bad move financially. I'd said the PC release won't be too far behind the console releases tbh

0 |

No, from Wikipedia: "It was released in September 2013 for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360, in November 2014 for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, and in April 2015 for Microsoft Windows."

GTA4 there was a 6 month wait. Max Payne 3 is the only game since like GTA2 that was released concurrently on PC and console.

0 |

Yet again the gaming thread gets turned into a dongle measuring contest. Can we just talk about the games?

2 |

Totally agree S1. Such a gorgeous game this, Cities.

0 |

Tried to Shane, but no one wants to join me in the Dark Zone on my hunt for yellow bags and loot

0 |

Wildlands is where it is at.

0 |

Muzka, theres loads of wee indie games my kids play that i get free with PS+, but the mains ones they play are the Lego games & minecraft, Playroom VR has loads of fantastic multiplayer VR mini games that my kids love, they really are a great use of 1 person in VR and the other players using controllers on the big telly

0 |

Which reminds me Deus Ex is free this month.

0 |

another supposedly great game to add to the collection of never getting around to playing

0 |

#RIPcmasterrace

0 |

these streaming things are grand, but when doing a side by side comparison the streamed one has artefacts and blocks when something fast is happening (driving games for example)

0 |

Horizons/Final Fantasy or Persona?

0 |

here is my playstation name if anyone wants a wee race on gran turismo sport some day.

spectrumsinclair

0 |

Spectrums in Clair

wtf?

1 |