Choose a discussion

Turntable for Sale

OK chums for sale finally is my old TT.

Project xperience, proect carbon tonearm and Ortofon Rondo Red MC cart. Minty and complete with speedbox for easy switching between 33/45rpm.

There is plenty of life left in the cart and the rest is pretty much spotless boxed as new.

Looks like this :_ www.superfi.co.uk/p-36...

Cart : www.hifix.co.uk/ortofo...

Looking for £450

Link to mine otos.google.com/photo/...

0 |

Can't remember if I actually posted this before as Ive been waiting 11 months now for a part for the new TT!

0 |

well well well, how the turn tables....

0 |

Indood is dees Lemac.....I was supposed to use this as part exchange but having been royally shafted by the hifi store I had to involve the long arm of the credit card section 75 claims lol. So the Xperience is up for grabs.

0 |

If you still have it in a couple of months I'd consider buying when I get my bonus. Although I would not be needing the cart. I got a fancy mc cart a wee while ago.

0 |

Upinarms whats the MC cart you have...this lot will have to go as a lot I'm afraid....I've no use for the Rondo red and at the moment don't even have the tools to recart the Michell should I ever decide to!

0 |

I have the AT33PTG/II.
I also have another baby coming in few weeks so my bonus might end up spent on persons other than myself. Depends how much I can get for the RP3 I guess.

0 |

Lovely turntable. Project are a serious proposition at the "sensible" end of the market. Loved my project debut carbon when I had it. Hold their value well too.

0 |

What Mitchell do you have Zygote? I hear they are quite tasty!

0 |

I've a Black Gyro SE, Techno Arm and Ortofon Quintet black s Cart. Its been quite an adventure getting a hold of it and I literally only received the upgraded HR power supply a week or so ago after having to get my credit card company to flex some legal muscle with the local shop. The Michell is a quantum leap up from the Project.....sublime.

0 |

Wrecked the needle on my tt today. Clean raged out.

Is your project black Zygote?

0 |

Your link for the pic of yours doesn't work.

0 |

It's clear ...identical to the one in the superfi link....not sure why my pic isnt showing Try this link otos.google.com/share/...

0 |

Anyone recommend a decent budget turntable ?
Mate was asking if I could recommend any.
I've had my 1200's for 20 odd years
Haven't a notion about anything else
I'd say he's probably be looking to spend 200-300 max

0 |

Rega planar or budget Project....if he opts for second hand though he'll get more for his money....check out the HiFi forumses ;)

0 |

Zygote - what's the best way to clean up dusty, dirty vinyl? I have a carbon fibre brush, not overly impressed with it, unless my technique is lacking

0 |

I have one of these

1 |

I'll sell you an RP3 for £300. www.whathifi.com/rega/...

I've found those brushes tend to push the dirt into the grooves. Stopped using mine a while ago.

0 |

Cheers boywonder, you've too much money ^^
Can you get bowers and Wilkins speakers repaired zygote? My wee one stuck Barbies head through one of mine

0 |

That's for zygote^

0 |

It's not for me mate
If find it hard ditching the technics in fairness

0 |

Waxy....Just get in contact with B&W and they should be able to sort you out with a new driver. Depending on how mental the damage done is you can just patch it up with some superglue and ripstop nylon.....that would be a last resort for me. Mates kid poked in the silk centres of my ProAcs shortly after I'd bought them....My immediate response...'Look what shes done ...your cunting Daughter!' went down like a led balloon. No damage though and I sucked the dimples out with a hoover lol.

0 |

Tasty Zygote. I'm still loving my LP12 but am very intrigued by the WTL Amadeus. Out of interest who was the hifi shop you had bother with?

0 |

Jeebus Dave...if you have the cash for an LP12 I'd be sticking in that ecosystem though I agree the WTL stuff looks sweet.

0 |

Ha maybe you don't remember me telling you back when I bought it...it's 1979 no upgrades lol

0 |

Although I have gone down the all Linn for rest of my system and have never looked back :)

0 |

The closest I've gotten to Linn gear is some Blue Nile records ;)

0 |

Are you currently streaming and if so what are you using?

0 |

I've all my digital stuff on a 6Tb server and it streams to a Cambridge Audio CXN in the main system but to various Logitech Squeeze box devices around the house. I blew up a squeezebox touch or I'd still have it in the main

0 |

Ahhhh was gonna suggest trying a Linn DS...sneaky or Majik are reasonable second hand but you've a network set up...what's the Cambridge like?

0 |

The Cambridge works but the software is shit so I use the Logitech software. I got the Cambridge on a deal but there's no way id pay full whack for it or any bespoke digital player.. raspberry pi is as good as any hi end rip off

0 |

I'm running a Chromecast Audio into the DAC of my Linn Kisto and it is something else ...up to 24/96 too

0 |

TBH I don't use any streaming sites like Spotify and for me squeezecentre software covers all bases

0 |

Happy days!

0 |

www.whathifi.com/news/...

0 |

Would put an end to broken stylus! And at a snip!

0 |

I think if I'd 13K lying about I'd be indulging in something other than HiFi.....and an optical cart.....old fashioned CD player perhaps.

0 |

I could assemble 13 amazing systems for that price ffs

0 |

0 |

Chep cleanz

0 |

Lol just looked at that before you put up. Much easier is the wee basin thing I have and it does a great job for £40

0 |

Christ Dave I dread to think what you are playing, what you are playing what you are playing on and what you are cleaning what you are playing on!

0 |

If you stick an optical reader onto the record player have you not just made a cd player?

0 |

Lol eh Zygote?

0 |

What I use
www.ebay.co.uk/i/25160...

0 |

What's the opinion on it dave, good? I had a thought last night of using a combo of The Dude's method in that YouTube video and finishing with my idea, one of these www.karcheroutlet.co.u... which I have one of

0 |

Ha that looks class gonna get me one for my windows! Obviously if cleaning records id test it on a record you care little for! I've no doubt the more expensive project cleaner in YouTube video would do a more thorough job but the wee one I have really is excellent. I have some charity shop records that it has cleaned up immeasurably but it cannot provide miracles. Some vinyl is just too damaged and you won't know by the eye...only after playing and cleaning will that become apparent.

I put every record new and old through it. New records come with debris from the plant and are full of static.

Just as important is investing in proper anti static sleeves. All your cleaning work will in time be compromised by using bog standard sleeves.

I'll see if I can find link to he ones I use.

0 |

www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw...

1 |

At roughly 50p a sleeve it can be expensive but worth it. Over the last 4 years I've prob spent over £200 getting my collection into sleeves but imo if you're serious about preserving your vinyl and it's sound quality it's a must

0 |

And the feeling of a perfectly clean slab of wax slipping out easily of a good sleeve is tasty

0 |

I also use Nagaoka for some of my vinyl otherwise I buy inner sleeves and outer poly covers from www.covers33.co.uk

1 |