Choose a discussion

Boxing Day/Night

Plans?

Belfast might as well be Berlin on boxing night so many nights on Dave Clarke, Rolando, Krystal Klear, Paul Johnson to name a few.

Out of retirement and heading to Rolando, Krystal Clear and Chris Hanna haven't been to the Parlour since 2004 what's it like nowadays? We all got ibis for £50 a room so cant beat that and tenner for the ticket.

0 |

Good craic for the Beat BBQ nights, decent drink offers and the smoking area is pretty good.

0 |

Take it upstairs I remember some sort of nightclub up there back then. Is it a real student hang? I'm still fresh faced enough to blend in.

0 |

Dunno how much the students actually bother with it now tbh. Students aren't the same drinkers as they were. It's all gym and creatine and instagram nowadays.

1 |

What a waste...you've the rest of your life for that

0 |

If you're a student and not wiped Friday to Sunday night or you even alive?

0 |

Students all get the bus back to Tyrone by 2pm on a Friday afternoon.

1 |

Know a few student types who are mad for teh rave. It's quite polarised it seems, either super clean living or total reprobates.

I think the parlour mostly being total shite has more to do with it

0 |

Apparently mid week clubs are full of students wiped out, bakes everywhere

0 |

They do gender studies the complete Faggots. None of them are into rave at all.

0 |

Good. They don't deserve it.

0 |

Uh-oh. There's that old inferiority complex rearing it's ugly head again....

1 |

Or more, an undeserved superiority complex. Trust me rainman, I know what I'm talking about.

0 |

In fairness, should expand that out a little more. It's not just students, it's 18-25 in general. They don't have the same relationship with pubs as you or I would've growing up.
Pubs are an anachronism to young people. Used to be you would've used the pub for catching up, having a bit of craic etc. There's Whatsapp groups for that. Nowadays students use licensed premises for clubbing and pulling. End of.
Sad times like but I could foresee a lot more pressure being put on the pub industry here. Simply doesn't have the young people coming through to sustain itself.

0 |

Like I said, another generation of fags.

0 |

"cooorbbbyyyynnnn"

No

0 |

Finishing work, college, uni whatever on a Friday and meeting everyone in the bar to start the weekend was the best feeling ever.

0 |