Choose a discussion

CRYPTOCURRENCY

Can we keep all the sensible crypto ans drug chat in here.

Multiple lawsuits incoming from the other deleted thread

2 |

Car loan, home improvement loan all that shiz lump it

0 |

All good advice

0 |

salon looking to support blockchain in exchange for ad free reading
www.salon.com/about/fa...

"How does Salon make money by using my processing power?

The demand for computing power across many different industries and applications is potentially very high. We intend to use a small percentage of your spare processing power to contribute to the advancement of technological discovery, evolution and innovation. For our beta program, we’ll start by applying your processing power to help support the evolution and growth of blockchain technology and cryptocurrencies.

However, the possibilities for this sort of technology are limitless: Your spare computing power may go to solving the kinds of complex math problems that form the integrity of blockchains, but it can also be used for humanitarian and scientific projects such as helping research how proteins fold, to aid in biological discovery or helping pay for misdemeanor prisoners’ bail or see if we can better predict the impact of climate change ."

0 |

Microsoft To Embrace Decentralized Identity Systems Built On Bitcoin And Other Blockchains

“After examining decentralized storage systems, consensus protocols, blockchains, and a variety of emerging standards we believe blockchain technology and protocols are well suited for enabling Decentralized IDs,” today’s announcement post from Microsoft says.

Identity is one of the long-touted use cases of blockchain technology that does not have anything to do with payments or currency. In today’s post, Microsoft points to Bitcoin, Ethereum, and Litecoin as three specific platforms that are suitable foundations for DIDs."

www.forbes.com/sites/k...

0 |

Nice one. Good to see companies looking at ways to use blockchain in sensible ways instead of trying to inflate worthless tokens

1 |

Agreed. There are too many shitcoins about.

0 |

Beyond the Bitcoin Bubble

"The whole exchange takes no more than a few minutes to complete. From my perspective, the experience barely differs from the usual routines of online life. But on a technical level, something miraculous is happening — something that would have been unimaginable just a decade ago. I’ve managed to complete a secure transaction without any of the traditional institutions that we rely on to establish trust. No intermediary brokered the deal; no social-media network captured the data from my transaction to better target its advertising; no credit bureau tracked the activity to build a portrait of my financial trustworthiness.

And the platform that makes all this possible? No one owns it. There are no venture investors backing Ethereum Inc., because there is no Ethereum Inc. As an organizational form, Ethereum is far closer to a democracy than a private corporation. No imperial chief executive calls the shots. You earn the privilege of helping to steer Ethereum’s ship of state by joining the community and doing the work. Like Bitcoin and most other blockchain platforms, Ethereum is more a swarm than a formal entity. Its borders are porous; its hierarchy is deliberately flattened.

Oh, one other thing: Some members of that swarm have already accumulated a paper net worth in the billions from their labors, as the value of one “coin” of Ether rose from $8 on Jan. 1, 2017, to $843 exactly one year later.

You may be inclined to dismiss these transformations. After all, Bitcoin and Ether’s runaway valuation looks like a case study in irrational exuberance. And why should you care about an arcane technical breakthrough that right now doesn’t feel all that different from signing in to a website to make a credit card payment?

But that dismissal would be shortsighted. If there’s one thing we’ve learned from the recent history of the internet, it’s that seemingly esoteric decisions about software architecture can unleash profound global forces once the technology moves into wider circulation."

www.nytimes.com/2018/0...

0 |

"But that dismissal would be shortsighted. If there’s one thing we’ve learned from the recent history of the internet, it’s that seemingly esoteric decisions about software architecture can unleash profound global forces once the technology moves into wider circulation"

Given most people realise the highly speculative basis for buying into crypto at the minute, this pretty much sums it up, takkiSSchitt.

1 |

Saw some block chain companies with shares in the pennies. Don't want to involve all that coin nonsense I don't understand but wouldn't mind a flutter on the technology. At those prices even if you lose wouldn't be too much of a hit.

0 |

I guess it's depends on your viewpoint of the technology, Bart.

0 |

PM Jordan Belfort, Discodave.

0 |

Your logic is a bit off you actually tend to lose more money at those prices discodave. Penny stocks are very risky.

0 |

Cheers boyos

0 |

DB's been awfully quiet of late, those mining machines he bought is he over the threshold for a R.O.I. or waaa?

0 |

Pretty decent article for anyone still unsure about crypto/blockchain tech

medium.com/s/welcome-t...

0 |

Got to the 4th sentence and already bullshit - “Bitcoin is a cryptocurrency — a digital version of an asset, much like gold“

1 |

Surprised you don't know what an asset is tbh

0 |

Bullshit is par for the course in finance or any kind of investment market. The problem being even the absolute shills can be proven right a fair amount of the time through sheer luck alone

0 |

echcrunch.com/2018/02/...

0 |

Get em chape leds before they mooooon www.washingtonpost.com...

0 |

i expect DB is all over that one.. talking of DB, he deed?

0 |

I think his crypto trading account is

0 |

imagine being the most wrong about every venture you ever try. scundered.

1 |

He was brilliant at online poker and buying rugs in Morocco.

0 |

i admire the guys complete an utter dedication to whatever venture tickles his fancy, hes bound to strike gold sooner or later

0 |

www.fastcodesign.com/9...

www.theguardian.com/au...

1 |