Choose a discussion

CRYPTOCURRENCY

Can we keep all the sensible crypto ans drug chat in here.

Multiple lawsuits incoming from the other deleted thread

2 |

And in a sea of red's my fav Verge is still marching up

0 |

Ok

0 |

Sweep in the next few days and load alts sale day, as the weak hands shake out to the strong and they exit through pretty much the only exit door which is Bitcoin. Christmas shopping just got a lot more interesting.

0 |

You gotta admit TJ it's been fun watching me get my Lambo. for 6 months it's just been elliott wave after elliott wave (That is not in reference to my name it's basically trading 101) For someone with real hands on trading exp in fibonacci retracment, break outs etc this must be they easiest market in the world to trade. Even if it does shit the bed and half 75% of the market disappears in 2 months - I'm still Maserattie'd up

0 |

Your response to me when I asked about the IOTA scam call

"The tech can be great but if the people running it turn out to be shit birds it makes no difference. They sent the Alogrythm to MIT for whatever reason - MIT turned around and said - this has a massive error in it allowing double spends and the security is pish. Now instead of taking it on the chin and saying 'Oh it's a new protocol etc, thanks, were still working on it'

One of the core development team says 'yeah I know, I put that there, but it was only to stop others copying the coin' which when faced with wtf are you doing releasing code as open source - and offering a $10,000,000 eco system fund to get businesses to shift over to IOTA - he goes oh I put it in as a troll, all publicity is good publicity........

To fucking dodgy if you ask me - your either open source or your not - you can either do what you say or you can't - your either planning a massive stroke or you're not.

Price is still around $0.50, I got into some arguments last night, sold the lot at 0.56. Some crowd will pick up this technology and do it right. But I just lost faith in that sneaky Russian 'Come from Beyond' he can 'Away and Fuck aff' - especially as he put a backdoor hack into the last coin he created (NXT)

I have learned a lot this month about the whole scene. All the money is in privacy coins. The lightbulb moment for me was when this was all developing in their Slack channel and the hardcore fans were not even allowing anyone to challenge the narrative and they were being all sexist and derogatory about the head of cryptographic money at MIT - and just seen a bunch of spa's who believe throwing money at a computer program is, in and of itself, going to cause a 'revolution' yet, I was in the middle of lowest denominator foruming.

So yea made a small loss actually after buying those domains and have left the episode a little more cynical. But I do think it's a space that will be filled soon by a bunch of folk with integrity and a bit of wit."

0 |

Great news m8, congratulations. I truly hope a car can bring you the contentment which seems to missing from your life.

Merry Christmas.

1 |

WOW - the march release of all those S9's has sold out. In about 16hrs. That was pay $3300 now. wait to March while the difficulty goes up around 18% every 2 weeks from now. Pay 25.7% when they arrive. And still make a 100 day ROI. My machines are gooood.

0 |

This is all bringing me great contentment! :)

0 |

Still holding well enough IOTA

I'll say it's inevitable people will get out quick when the screen goes red. It's human nature. The mentality should be that it's a bubble and you get in and out quickly. Be happy taking profit. But many see the lambo stories and think that's where they are headed.

I am sticking to my prediction of a blood bath over the boxing day to new year period after the window cleaner cryptos sit down with their family and explain what they are betting the holiday money on after too many mulled wines. They'll be convinced of the madness that has taken hold of them and get out.

0 |

RP a whole release of S9's - $100's of millions - just sold out in 16hrs for March delivery at around £4500 landed in your hand cost - When the mining will be maybe 3 times as difficult as it is now sold out in 16hrs. Whats just happened there is a $3/400 million going long in bitcoin into the new finacial year.

Bitcoin aint done, the alts aint done, there is sooo much money still in this - the market cap is $608b - I will take a bet with you against a boxing day blood bath. Maybe for some of the alts... But when looking at BTC you now really have to add bitcoin cash to bitcoins market share.

0 |

Thanks for reposting that RP

0 |

Worthwhile read for those who have never bought stocks (or Connell) eekingalpha.com/instab...

0 |

And after a little bit of trading this morning - BTC - BCC - BTC - XVG - BTC locked in a few hundred bucks. and BTC is on it's way north again. Fuck over trading and fuck trying to make to many decisions. Make One or two (unusal situations like this 3 or 4) decisions a day. HODL n Mine

0 |

Phunk if you think a $600b+ market gives a fraction of a millisecond of a fuck about my opinion I am incredibly flattered.

0 |

Well that was me being incredibly egotistical... Very sound advice in that article Phunk - definately seriously read it if coming into the scene.

Wee tip, what ever you decide to do with it is up to you - personally I'm not going to follow it, I'm already invested. But the fella I've been chatting to with 39 S9's is buying up D3's and they have been going for a pittance on eBay.

Bitmain released a butt ton and the X11 alogrythm kind of went into anphalatic shock at having a ASIC introduced - so the first ones had an ROI of a few days - check youtube - but the difficulty leapt 100 fold. Nobody is ever going to be arsed developing ASIC's for X11 (Dash is the main coin - and most likely to be listed on coinbase in the future imo) So the difficulty will go back down. You can maybe pick one up with a PSU for around a grand at the moment.

I would. But I am all in. Anyone else might want to do their own research before buying up such a unit.

I'm the gift that keeps on giving...

0 |

I'd love to do some mining, but I just cant be fucked with it tbh.

0 |

The Noise alone is enough to not want to get involved

0 |

I'd fire it up in the roofspace. With the insulation up there I'd say not too much of the sound would come down.

0 |

Be class craic when you get busted for having a growing room in the roofspace

0 |

lol right enough

www.facebook.com/PSNI....

1 |

“Litecoin has been very good for me financially, so I am well off enough that I no longer need to tie my financial success to litecoin’s success” - Litecoin creator Charlie Lee

0 |

bloom.bg/2ktOVsj

0 |

hes being smart.... whats he know??

0 |

That dude commenting 'On the Industry' he knows sweet FA! on Bitcoin cash - he is the stupidest excuse for an expert I ever heard - loads of currencies going up 2000% - Insider trading - how can someone so ill informed talk with any authority on what happened last night - It's completely obvious -

Bitmain the worlds biggest mining company decided to sell 100,000+ units of there latest miner the S9 - for which they would only accept bitcoin cash.

People went crazy to get the miners - changed $3/400 million from Bitcoin and alt currencies to buy the S9 miners that HAD to be bought in Bitcoin Cash - the demand for the Bitcoin Cash to buy the miners sent the price up 60% so what this knob jockey is describing as 'strange demand' and 'insider trading' if he spent 5 minutes researching he would have seen that it was infact a HUGE long positive and MASSIVE bull flag for bitcoin as people spent $3/400m buying mining equipment that is almost twice expensive as it was 4 months ago to mine a coin that will be around 3 times more difficult to mine in 3 months time. The demand was huge for the miners and on que as they always do. They sold out in 16hrs.

That's what the bitcoin farms use as a hedgefund - they sell batches of ASIC hardware for a cash injection, it's also one of the surest signs of market sentiment - it's no small thing to put - what will be once exchange fees, item cost, psu, DHL, 25.7% import duty - a £4500 unit that won't start earning until March 2018

Bloomberg have taken the biggest bull move in months in crypto and painted it as FUD - at the end of the day talk is cheap - the market is never wrong.

0 |

Removing any conflicts of interest, according to him. Conflicts of interest and rumours of dodgy dealings have been something that hounded prominent people within the industry for ages, so it could be a sensible/responsible move by him. Depends what way you look at it. His brother is also the founder of China’s largest exchange BTCChina, so he doesn't need to worry about money/investments and having a 'clear conscience' and ability to claim freedom from conflicts of interest might be actually better in the long run.

Or, of course, he might be getting out before the whole thing comes down lol

0 |

Charlie Lee is a straight shooter - he's made a fuck ton of money, spearheaded the project and has publically announced he's out. He didn't have to do that. That if anything should hammer litecoin -instead it's err $341! and the market cap is what - $631billion! This goes to a trillion before bubble pops. Buy alts while they are on sale.

0 |

He's said loads of things over the past while that could be seen as negative/damaging, yet the price has always remained pretty stable (as far as stability goes in the crypto world).

I think it's a fairly reassuring sign for Litecoin to be able to handle this stuff. Or is it just sheer stubbornness? lol

0 |

0 |

Litecoin is actually working as a currency! That coinbase launching Bitcoin cash while Bitmain waas releasing there quarterly release they ASIC's is reeeeeeeeeaaaaaallllllllly conicidental!

But how the last 24hrs can be seen as anything but a massive positive for crypto - I will offer odds of 3/1 on the market cap dropping below $500billion by boxing day.

0 |

Shiiiiiiiiit Verge has moooooooooooooon to fuck! up 101% in 24hrs - Sold a load yest, might sell same today, might just do that for a while! Can't believe I was offering an S9 for £3900 - £8k min now.

But yea the noise of mining is an absolute cunt. I'm sparing no expense on custom cases bolted to the wall - and electrified - with flame throwers around them -

0 |

Nathan Elliott • 10 minutes ago
Litecoin is actually working as a currency!

Nothing that moves 200% in two days works as a currency.

0 |

Retail investors - locked in - Institutional investors - locked in - Central banks and Sovergin states locking in?

0 |

It does if you can buy something with it and people accept it, and the swings are accepted by both parties. This is a massive bull market still. 6 figure bitcoin buy 2020 even's.

0 |

Get your Monero, Verge - all of your privacy coins now. I'm going off grid lol

0 |

"I will offer odds of 3/1 on the market cap dropping below $500billion by boxing day."

RP, here's your chance

0 |

But why would you buy something with crypto today if it could cost a third of the price in 2 days time? Or why would one be willing to accept crypto for a good/service today when the crypto could be worth half the amount in an hour/day/week. Price stability is one of the key requirements of any currency

2 |

I'll take that bet.

0 |

I'm quite sure Nathan has done his homework here guys. I get the imoression some of you think he mindlessly regurgitates information he's found on the Internet yet has little or no understanding of the subject matter. Show the guy some respect.

1 |

*impression*

1 |

convience of transaction - if your buying litecoin to buy some thing and the person is cashing out litecoin as soon as they recieve it - it's maybe more of a payment channel than a crypto currency in the truest sense, but it's growing.

How much you want on mmurray - marketcap under $500b 12am 26/12/18 - 3/1

0 |

Convenience of transaction would be your own currency rather than having to convert your currency to BTC, then to LTC and then the other party having to convert back (each time paying transaction costs and being exposed to >100% volatility. Again, i'm not suggesting the bubble can't continue to grow but cryptos are not feasible instruments of exchange in their current form.

Nice cheap hedge against your cryptos longs their mmurray

0 |

Adding a year on there? You sly dog.

0 |

That it is MM, bet is only open to yourself and RP - I've gotta run here so the bet is open for an hour from now, max stake £500

0 |

I can go from GBP > LTC with minimal charges (pence) and LTC > GBP with minimal charges.

0 |

Opps - under $500B 12am 26/12/17 - check back laters see if either has taken it up!

0 |

Average transaction fee: bitinfocharts.com/comp...

Whats the bid/offer spread you're crossing like too? And the intraday volatility? And the time taken in transaction processing? Alternatively you could pay in GBP with none of those issues. Unless you're transacting in something illegal, why would you choose LTC over GBP?

0 |

Generally speaking LTC is pretty boring but it does have breakout days.

Raiblocks though, fee free and instant. Once that finds a value it has clear advantages over traditional money transfer.

0 |

Spreads on LTC are usually about 1 cent.

0 |

LTC could/would be handy in future if they become usable/common worldwide. No need to think about conversions etc. 1 LTC here is the same as 1 LTC there.

0 |

Unless your income is in LTC, you’re always going to have to think about conversions etc

1 |