Choose a discussion

CRYPTOCURRENCY

Can we keep all the sensible crypto ans drug chat in here.

Multiple lawsuits incoming from the other deleted thread

2 |

Yeah, that's what I do mean. For example, one of the reasons I think Litecoin has a good chance of going places (in terms of perhaps becoming a more useable, day-to-day and mainstream/widespread option) is due to its ability to be faster, cheaper, handle more transactions and have a more 'approachable' conversion than Bitcoin, for example (e.g. Something of £100 would be like 0.2 LTC, as opposed to 0.00588235 BTC)

0 |

LTC is open source, so any big bank (for example) could use the tech to develop their own systems. It's the open source aspect of crypto's which are their selling point. No developer can have secrets hidden away in how it runs/operates. Would you want to be storing your investments in a system that a developer could flick a switch on and lock you out of?

The benefit for LTC holders in the example of a big bank using the same tech as what LTC runs on would be a pretty big boost to LTCs viability, trustiness, proof-of-concept and ultimately it's intrinsic value as a commodity.

0 |

Ethereum is being used by banks to build private blockchains right now in terms of proof of concept stuff to their internal stakeholders so its a definite contender for the long term. guys I work with are advising them on it.

0 |

Yeah, I'm so raging I didn't grab a load of Ethereum back when it was a baby. Got suggested it at the time, but didn't bother as wasn't really following the crypto scene too much at that point. It's a full time job keeping up to speed with it.

0 |

RP, how much of a correction do you anticipate the day after boxing day? And fancy sticking a bet on it, secound thoughts fk betting, this whole thing is probably the biggest gamble of my life to date... To say crypto is in a bubble is ignoring the wider context. Everything is in a bubble right now. Stock's and house prices have soared, money is still, a decade after the finiacal crisis, incredibly cheap.

I think there will be a massive collapse of some description likely in the derivative market. Nothing was'actually' done to prevent the 2007/8 crash. The can just got kicked down the road. I can actually see an institutional collapse being somehow blamed on crypto.

There is a massive sell wall for BTC at $20,000 - by massive I mean $20/30Billion, However etherium had a sell wall in the billions @ $500 and it vanished in a split second.

I am beginning to regret just how much bitcoin cash I spent on mining equipment. Maybe 30 BCC all in (Bitcoin cash is now trading at $2280) That's a lorra lorra cab. The Chinese are seriously smart. It should of been the most obvious thing ever that if the largest bitcoin miners in the world are only accecpting BCC - bitcoin cash is going to be a good bet. But everything is 20/20 in hindsight. I would really urge people to step back a little bit. I remember buying my last bit of bitcoin at $4000 thinking I must be the dumbest fk on earth. All my projections with the miners etc involved a $4000 bitcoin and a $80 litecoin. And I was happy with that. It still made a massive ROI of 3/4months including electric. Now it's crazy, taking what I paid for them the ROI on the miners is half that.

Honestly the only people I know or have talked to that have made serious money out of bitcoin are miners. Mining is thes mean and mode of production and it maintains the network. People complain about high fees moving Bitcoin (and it is getting ridiculous @ $20+ dollars and a day or 2 transfer) However as a miner this is great. Were getting 17+ BTC blocks, even though the difficulty for BTC has gone up 18.9% mining Bitcoin cash has become insanely profitable now - It has implimented 8mb blocks as opposed to Bitcoins 1mb. Why the bitcoin core development team have resisted raising the block size nobody really knows. Segwit (segregated witness) but it's roughly 20% more profitable to mine than Bitcoin. I'm still mining bitcoin but that may change later today. And while I sort of wished I'd got 3 S9's and 1 L3+ I am more than happy with the mining the L3+'s - they draw 0.77Kwh's and are making $28 a day. The S9's draw 1.34Kwh and are making around $40 a day.

That being said I actually want to sell one of them. They are to valuable to be left where I had planned to leave them and really the cost of electric is a pittance to know they are secure. But damn they are loud and hot. My place is actually to hot at the moment, over 22C. The S9 in paticular. I have spent a lot on boxes, piping all that sort of stuff.

But I seriously need professionally built enclosures, the L3 is not so bad, it's liveable with. But the S9, unless you have a massive house or a garden shed/garage you think this secure, you just can't live with it. It does your fucking brains in. I've been able to move it temporarily. But I need the boxes x 4 and thats going to run me about a grand, which on top of the DHL custom charges due Jan for the other 2 is altogether £1600 odd. While the crypto is piling in Januray is getting closer and I need these boxes.

So I would like to sell either a L3+ or an S9. You can see how much they sell for, the online calculators are really conservative in their earning projections because with BTC they only account for 12.5 blocks - they are never 12.5, usually 16/17 btc per block - lushpool.com/stats/blo...

Also if you calculate 504M/H for litecoin thats way under for 2 reasons, everyone over clocks, I havn't pushed it all but I'm hashing 568M/H you can push it up to 650M/H but I don't want to take the piss. Also ith prohashing, it's not just mining litecoin, it's actively mointors the difficulty across all the 100's of coins on Scrypt and that adds another 20% min. Also you can choose what coin you want paid in. I chose 30% Verge 70% LTC because I heart the Verge always have from the same time I mention IOTA and it has actually out performed IOTA it's up from 0.01c to 6c's. Unbelievable really.

So yup the nuts of it are I want to sell either an S9 or L3+ - eBay/Amazon are a good reference point for in the hand prices (March delivered L3+'s are selling for around £2700 or something - that's crazy) 3 months mining should yeild you an ROI and then all profit from there - not looking to gouge or take advantage, that the sale can be done face to face is a massive bonus to me plus no fees etc

I am motived to sell one of them, so if anyone really thinks crypto is genuine - and a $608B market cap says it is, heres a real chance to pick up a top end machine (doesn't get better than an L3+ or S9) to provide a steady, passive income stream that allows you to get into any coin on the market without buying BTC (and paying a premium for BTC) this market is due a correction, when? No idea. But it is real and it's going to expand massively in 2018 - what the market cap is is another story - but think how many people have seen this year and have been working flat out on ICO's new DAP's for next year, I reckon there will be over 5000 crypto currencies on coinmarketcap this time next year.

Blockchain is so unbelievably revolutionary it's going to be implimented into everything. Fuck 'the cloud' 'the cloud' is going to look like the 80's intranets compared to the internet.

So motivated to sell 1 of the 4 miners I have for £ to buy proper infrastruture for the remaining 3. It may be worth considering an overdraft to pay for one because the % return on these far far outstrips interest rates.

Open to offers.

0 |

Fk the S9 is doing way more than $40 a day, more like $55. One sold on eBay yest for £4850.

£3900 and you can pick it up today

0 |

I'm actively looking for blockchain alternatives. Stuff that is minerless, fee free and quick. If this is going to become the new architecture of the internet, it'll not be relying on energy intensive, expensive processes. Directed Acyclic Graphs. Technically speaking the blockchain is a DAG but it is the most basic version of it. Now we're starting to see a generation 2 class of player move into the game.

I have a small amount of LTC I'll be moving into directed acyclic graph projects over time. Things like IOTA, Raiblocks, and literally any other version that pokes its head above the water.

0 |

Can you not stick them up in the roofspace? Plenty of cool air and will be out of earshot.

0 |

I wish Takki, but that would just torture the elderly fella up stairs, they are loud, the S9 in paitcular. Flip side is that 99.5% of the electric is converted into heat so brings the oil bill down.

I agree with you mmurray, that would be the virtual holy grail. However In all of this there is always a trade off, if the 'coin' is just created - then it's more of a protocol that you have to pay to use. IOTA is really really in it's infacy. It's not remotely decentralized. It's a concept and to a large degree it works but if you follow their slack channel you will see the sheer amount of difficulty they are having with wallets, the controversy over them rolling their own crypto (creating a vast proof of work and presenting it as reality when it's theoretical) For a network to be truly decentralized, it needs to be, decentralized. And it needs to have some sort of hardware to interact with.

Ripple, IOTA, ADA and NEM, Lisk, EOS - all of which I've a stake in except EOS (because they are still in ICO phase and pumping millions of more tokens out each month - so you can't really tell exactly what the market cap should really be, EOS is definately a strange one) are really protocols rather than currencies. At the moment it's incredibly hard to lose money on crypto. But that can change very quickly, and if your buying into a non-mineable crypto that's more like buying stock. It's not really currency. Certainly not decentralized currency. I also have for sale - that I actually paid 0.42 of a bitcoin for (facepalm) are the following IOTA domain names

iotasmartgrid.solutions
iotauntangled.com
iotawebmd.com
iotagram.com
iotawebmd.com
iotamove.com
iotamove.space
iotasmartgrid.com
iotasmartgrid.solutions
iotauntangled.com
iotapv.com
iotapv.solutions
iotakismet.com
miota.me

held with Ghandi.ne for 3 years. Have 5 mail boxes each and 1,000 forwarding addresses per domain name

Although as the company is now worth nearly $12billion maybe not such a bad investment. If anyone had the time, inclination and ability to help me shift them for a decent amount theres 15% in it for them.

0 |

I actually think this might be a tough enough week for crypto. I mean it isn't that long ago I thought I was a loon buying BTC at $4000. I'm not buying anything at the moment. In fact I'm selling, but that only because I am SO invested - like balls deep invested. And as a rule of thumb that isn't a good idea in anything. Although it seems to have paid of from moving all in in July.

0 |

Nathan, why is there a 100 withdraw minimum on bitgrail?

0 |

The other thing I would be extremely wary of in a ICO like raiblock is that isn't version of the proposed lighting network (to be honest I havn't done much research on it) but ripping of the lighting network (your transactions appearing super quick because both ends of the node are pre-loaded with raiblocks). It seems inevitable to me that someone has or is in the process of pulling off a stunt like that because it's incredibly easy (for some) to do.

0 |

100 what??

0 |

Sorry, 100 XRB (Raiblocks)

0 |

Steem is becoming massive - they started with a reddit style, then added a facebook feature, a youtube, now a twich streaming service - Steem is just constantly re-investing in itself - only had a gone up 300% in 6 months (only 300%... but compared to IOTA's 1600% and Verges 2200%.... 300% is not so much) But the whole concept of rewarding content creators instead of a few crumbs of the ad revenue table - It just takes a few big big youtuber/twichers to move to steem and it will moooooooooooon. I'm moving a $1000 of BTC into Steem during the dip - there will be a dip. I'm also looking a lot at ethos - Once I decide wether or not to move to mining Bitcoin cash - Also if ethos really is as good as it sounds its hella cheap. Like Betfair of crypto but with a lot lot more. I just gotta know more.

Also Bitcoin is taking a bit of knock (over $18k and it's taking a knock lol - wtf!) But seriously it is the top dog and the pattern has been it drops, the alt's shake out harder. Bitcoin is the safe haven. I'm also going to start looking through the past 3 pages of coinmarket cap for super cheep projects. Crypto is kind a full time job. Also if someone really wants a miner it might not be for sale that long as I've literally just now sold £300 of BTC.

0 |

Dunno about raiblocks to well MM but if it has a real high cash out, that totally fits the lighting network scam with preloaded nodes

0 |

www.forbes.com/sites/m...

Bosch Group's VC arm just bought a load of IOTA.

0 |

Think that exchange disabled withdrawals under 100XRB because it was getting spammed with tiny transactions.

0 |

Did you read the stuff I wrote about IOTA back in June mmurray? I had a wee chat with David Sønstebø over slack back then lol - Shiiiiite - raiblocks @ $3.17 demands a 100 XRB to withdraw? Get out, get the firebrigad out and stay out. How's that a currency if mininum withdrawal is £230? That smells very fishy tbh. Suppoman is doing a live stream - ask this dude?

0 |

They put it in place when it flew from 17c to $4 and it crashed the exchange. Apparently people were spamming them with microtransactions because the currency is fee free.

Didn't read your IOTA stuff in June, haven't been on the board in ages. Bought at $1.42 though, very pleased.

0 |

Ahh, I was pumping the shit out of it, actually wrote a few thousand words on it was the first post on the crypto thread in maybe 3 months. I got a butt ton of it at 0.38c

0 |

I'm practically out of it now. Would you like to buy all those domains for £400?

0 |

Maybe that is ridiculously cheap....

0 |

Haha, nah you're alright. Not my game.

Why'd you get out of it? Clearly has tons of room for growth?

0 |

So DB you say you have a high stake in IOTA and then you say you are out, which is it? So reading through all this Ethereum has the best mainstream adoption at the moment, would you agree?

0 |

I have 1 Gi IOTA, which when I bought it was $38 but now it's worth $400 somthing so I have a stake in it. But sure months ago when they tore the woman from MIT apart who claimed that they hadn't solved the double spend problem eg - if I send the exact same transaction to 2 nodes to verify at the 'exact' same time then they will go through - also by IOTA's own addmission they have a built in kill switch, supposed to keep the trinary operatining system propritarty but I don't like that a completely decentralized fee free ledger has a 'kill switch' doesn't exactly fill the heart with joy. Also that Dominick Shinchder is a wee cunt, some of the stuff he was saying about the woman from MIT was way out of order and that Come From Beyond is one dodgy Russian baye. He already has a bad rep for launching a pump n dump crypto. The only reason I'm keeping a GI IOTA is because that was what got me right back into the scene. Plus the whole bitfinex Phil Potter tether dodgy craic, kick backs ahoy on that one. TBH it was one crypto I seriously seriously got under the hood of and the more I rooted around the less I liked - When I said I was getting out of IOTA RP PM'd me asking why and I gave a pretty lengthy account of my reasons - It'd be cool if he posted it actually - or even copy n pasted it to me in a PM and I could post it, plus they are kings of the rumour mill, and the golden rule in day trading crypto is buy the rumour sell the news

but - IF - everything works out, it could be massive. And as it was the first crypto to get me back into it all, I would of done well had I stuck with it - Fuck I $7000 @ 0.38 - would been nearly $100,000.

However Hindsight is 20/20 and I would of had around the same if I had kept my bitcoin cash instead of buying mining equipment - but since BTC was $14, the only people I know who have really made sizable, property size money, have been miners. Because there is only really one sucessful strategy (has only been one successful strategy and that is HODL) and mining is perfect HODL - so I have a few thousand on the exchanges a couple in cold storage and ten of thousands in hardware. I am seriously hearting verge. But all the day trading stuff, It's the easist thing in the world when the market is full bull. But there will be a shake down from the weak hands to the strong. Not selling a miner now sold £600 of BTC and can keep the S9 somewhere that isn't causing me brain damage for a while longer. My priorities are in this order

- Should I mine Bitcoin cash
- How much Ethos and Steem should I buy
- How much should I top up my NEO and ADA holdings by.

Those decisions alone are pretty big. I'll upload some photos of my Slushpool and Prohashing dashboards pretty soon although they will look doubley sweet when the next 2 miners land. Canne wait.

All this is going to correct though - it always has, it always will, but it's proven that it's for real and if it drops 40% in a few hours that's cool, because it will go up again. It's so tantilising looking to the sub $1 coins or even a $3/4 coins - because that's where you get your 10x multiplers - but over trading is death by a 1000 cuts - and it's a bull market.

If you want to invest - look at the fundamentals - What does it do. Who's doing it. What is the github like. What is the slack channel like. What is twitter saying - twitter is number one source of breaking news - do you understand what you are doing? Tick all those boxes and your set. Few mad punts is grand - as long as you now what they are, pure gambles.

If Bitcoin falls below $5000 I'll get worried. Until then I'm so tied up with hardwear I can't liquidate my position easily at all.

We've been bucking the hottest girl in the class bareback while riding her 2 best mates for the last 6 months in cryptoland - there's a kick in the ball's in the post. Just go with it!

0 |

MOAR examples/links/evidence are needed here, DB.

0 |

www.ft.com/content/891...

0 |

Copy and paste as its got a pay wall

0 |

Which company? Blockchain?

0 |

From a different press www.stltoday.com/busin...

0 |

Crypto Co - Crypto Co’s stock hit $575 on Monday, rising from $3.50 in late September.

The company’s market value surpassed $11 billion, almost equalling that of home appliances maker Whirlpool Corp or railroad Kansas City Southern.

Aye that's fairly bubbly alright - should of stuck with an ICO! As counter intuative as it sounds I will be happy when Bitcoin and crypto has a correction and the market levels out. It is a genuine and growing space. Will be very interesting going into 2018

0 |

evening

0 |

That is crazy stock price going up 17000% in 3 months

0 |

Holy shit boys. The flippening is on. GDAX listed BCASH.

0 |

This is mawd

0 |

What the hell is bit coin cash. Coinbase says I have some. I don’t remember buying any.

0 |

This is mad. My bit cash went up 300% in last 10 minutes.

0 |

They are trying to force bitcoin into a 'death spiral' - they very nearly did so a few weeks back that looks like it was prep for this - qz.com/1127817/bitcoin...

I am faced with a seriously difficult decision - mine the bitcoin cash and make $65 a day Or stick to Bitcoin and make $50 - because on one hand this is pure price manipluation by the Chinese on the other all these transactions into BTC are creating monstorous block sizes 17 and 18.5btc blocks - so this is actually as calculated a take over as possible.

The bitcoin network is being spammed into submission - and hey, miners gotta mine, on the otherside we have the Chinese throwing COIN at those miners -being a miner now is a bit like being like Luke Skywalker - but the difference is Yoda might actually be butt fucking Alan Greenspan behind your back....

Arrrgh to mine bitcoin cash or not - THIS IS THE QUESTION - I like big blocks and I cannot lie, you other brothers can't deny. When a transaction takes just a few hours an cost 50c. Your like Damn! See Bitcoin Cash HAS 8mb blocks - it's 8x faster 8x cheaper and when thats an issue - they'll go, meh - double to 16mb blocks.

It seems the Chinese mining firms have fucked Wall street and the Winklevoss twins in the A holes with their little yellow peckers.

I will not be moved however - not until this is the confirmed death spiral. If it is the death spiral - well obvs I move, but the this will be reported as bitcoin taking a beating - Its still near $17k! Market cap is still 600B+

DECISIONS

0 |

Damn it's a triple play for the miners - March S9's released buy bitmain, cost from the factory gates cost 2725 USD - op.bitmain.com/product... and obv's they only want paid in Bitcoin Cash. The offer for £3900 for my S9 earlier was hella good deal - These will cost all of that to arrive by March - just pushed the value of my hardware up 25%.

The battle is on to win the miners. And on one hand BCC is throwing money at you. On BTC we are seeing 19.5 blocks baby! My decision to move into mining has been vindicated. Although fuck a horses ass - I had well over 30 Bitcoin Cash.

0 |

Wow - its actually $75 a day mining Bitcoin Cash or $55 a day mining BTC - long live SHA256! As a miner who has had a lot of doubt about wether I had made the right move from hodling and turning a 6 figure sum to minting and hodling - this is where my 'to the moon' happens!

0 |

Actually my hardware has just mooned 100%, because Bitmain don't price Hardware in BTC, BCC, USD - they price it on ROI - and ever since the S1, that ROI has been 120 days.

0 |

How quickly this batch (released yesterday) - sells out, the more locked in my profit.

0 |

Check out the diddies on dem blocks - btc.com (everyone for slushpool is a goal for me)

0 |

Thats how I'm going to humanise it - if your an like a nice tight ass you go with BCC if you like big bouncy diddies your a BTC fan - personally I like both. But for right now it's all about dat ass - I like big blocks and I cannot lie. BTC is having plastic surgery, getting the fat sucked from it's gut and having ass implants. As long as the market doesn't shit the bed. We can hang on in there and get us a big pair of diddes at the same time.

Actually both are happening at the same time. Will the market sustain this amount of plastic surgery - next few days. We could have Barbie or a Cabbage patch doll.

I know guys, I'm sick, I need help, the Harvey Wienstein of crypto.

On Steem that'd likely buy a sandwich. Everyone who uses social media - in any form - is the consumer among facebook and google. On Steem they are the producers

0 |

Edit - from reading on bitcointalkforum.org Bitmain price their miners in 80 day ROI from the factory, it then takes 10 or so days to reach you. Even tho this country is expensive for electric (Bitmain assume about 5c for electric) we pay 17/8c it still works out 100 day ROI and thats from you paying $3300 in December and another 25.7% when it arrives in March - AND incorporates all the changes in difficulty between now and March, which will be steeeep. it's jumping difficulty every 2 weeks.

0 |

I am glad I woke up for some reason at 4.30am as I was able to transfer some from the tittes to the ass and make a couple of huuunderd doing so - but damn lo0k at those tittes - $60 high priority transfer fee! Thats wild! Obviously in the screen shot I didn't choose to transfer that exact amount of BTC to BCC and I sure as fuck wasn't paying $60 for no ass, but it was a damn profitable trade from that wallet into another wallet - and it's hard to make big profits between the 1st and 3rd market caps in crypto - The only problem is that because these fee's are so high, is that it's taking longer to get my payouts. Last one took 2 days. One due to be sent out this evening be interesting to see how long it takes. Higher fees are a bad thing for all really - but a good thing for miners - but antminer and BTC.com don't pay solo miners the fees - they charge the fees as a cost of using there pools. Slushpool you divide the whole block and they take 3% - 19.7BTC block - wow, capital flight into BCC.

See the Chinese didn't give a fuck about the Chicago and New York hedge fund bullshit - the true hedge fund they had created when they forked of from Bitcoin core into Bitcoin cash. Ultimately the more of the market cap they move into BCC they more they move to them - and as BTC for some reason can't or won't get it's shit together and raise the block size from 1mb - and Bitcoin cash is already rocking an 8mb block (meaning 8x faster 8x lower fees)
There's year's and hundreds of billions heavily sunk - institutionally sunk - into bitcoin.

This smells of Chinese state sanctioned currency manipulation - no exchanges, no ICO's but miners are allowed nearly free electric and to grow expotentially? Xi Jinping want's to hodl all the BTC. This is next level crypto folks. How far does the rabbit hole go???? Because only BTC core can be forked - so it is the real deal.

Fuck it communist coin, NWO coin, I got in relatively early - I'm getting LAMBO'D!

0 |

i.imgflip.com/2198q2.jpg

0 |

$60 fees - inypic.com/view.php?pi...

0 |

Fuck just thought - BCC is the Chinese bitcoin - When the Chinese invest they go HARD - they are all going to be waking up to Bitcoin Cash (insert pro-chinese propagada here) rises 100% over night - If the Chinese pile into crypto more than they have - and the Asians love the crypto. This could be a market cap winner for everyone.

0 |