Choose a discussion

CRYPTOCURRENCY

Can we keep all the sensible crypto ans drug chat in here.

Multiple lawsuits incoming from the other deleted thread

2 |

Everything taking a chinning today.

0 |

all of them out back of castle court kanckin the ballix off each other

1 |

Bought into salt a few days ago. Would love to see it takeoff. Good exposure on bloomberg today.

www.bloomberg.com/news...

0 |

ellobloom.io

Other than LTC and IOTA this is the only other one I've gone into. Seems like a smart idea and it's a Stanford team, couple of Forbes 30 under 30s involved... made all the right noises for me.

0 |

Gerry, what way did you buy into Salt?

0 |

i'm thinking of investing in pepper

0 |

New York Coin lads

0 |

POUND Coin is the next big thing.

0 |

How Fear Is Being Used to Manipulate Cryptocurrency Markets

www.psychologytoday.co...

2 |

That reads like the ride we've all been on this past 3 months

1 |

Great article that, absolutely spot on.

1 |

Anyone in on RaiBlocks? Seems very interesting.

0 |

Ah. May have already missed that moon. Definitely want to look into Blockchain alternatives.

0 |

I was thinking of buying into that bloom myself.

You transfer bitcoin or ether to bittrex, then buy salt with it, takki.

0 |

On their Slack channel the Bloom team seem to be very active telling people that listing on exchanges is not a priority and that what is being sold is a utility token. Now, I don't know how much I actually buy that, I think they're just being coy in light of recent SEC activity around that and judging by their responses to other questions I think they're getting some top grade counsel.

Probably just playing the game a bit but worth knowing before investing (sorry, buying utility tokens)

0 |

Bloomberg Adds Ethereum, Litecoin and Ripple to Its Terminal

"As the value of bitcoin started to soar, it began to attract more mainstream investors and eventually caught the interest of financial professionals. Now, the same thing is happening with other digital currencies."

amp.timeinc.net/fortun...

0 |

The Blockchain Economy: A beginner’s guide to institutional cryptoeconomics

medium.com/@cryptoecon...

0 |

Glad some folk made some cash of IOTA - these miners are furking priniting presses lol :) if anyone wants a good deal on BTC or LTC (paypal for wee transactions) bank transfer for larger - contact bitcoin2u@protonmail.comtarget="_blank">bitcoin2u@protonmail.com> very limited supply, growing all the time, cheaper and quicker than anywhere else from your auld dog db.

Rem, ya need the BTC to get in on those alts

0 |

media.giphy.com/media/...

0 |

giphy.com/gifs/z6cLBHh...

0 |

That wendsday when your bro in law gives you 100 LTC for switching him on to mining them when they were 0.38c imgur.com/gallery/AU1Tb8T

Wee tip from ferg and anyon else who listened to my evanglism in the early days always appreciated

BTC - 17dLkZW6PMUNzVeoeW8vevB2bZAqZKzCqK
LTC - LRzRUVdUAmdb7kgUBqdVtbReiKs2qo9pgK

Say all you like about me but I think I did bring something to the table as a forummer

0 |

Worth keeping about for the scandal alone. The board hasn't seen this much action in years.

What coins you reckon they'll add to coinbase in 2018, DB?

0 |

Well the short list isn't that long when you look at it Gerry (I've been thinking about it myself) Firstly it has to be a currency rather than a protocol, but even though I'm busy and don't get a whole lot of recognition for my efforts :( I'll still hang in and try help you out - I thought Monero, but then remembered the egg shells they are walking on regarding FCC compliance and Monero would bring a ton of scrutiny.

So rated from almost certainity to speculation Dash has to be listed, it has a long untarnished rep (bar the pre-mine, but thats 99% of coins in BTC). OmiseGo, (Thailands paypal, accepted in McDonalds over there, lot of the paper work already done) one or 2 low market cap coins to keep the retail investors intrersted so your looking at Stella lumens or Sia, and with the in lumens recently my moneys on them - but going for both. I see Wave, Lisk and IOTA all being listed as a divergence from just being a finacial coin exchange (they have proven that they will list protocols, etherium)

Wild outsider that would rocket in value is BAT, basic attention token - created by the inventor of firefox and Java script this coin is a good hodl as it is, but yer man who's name I can't rem, does get shit done - I only use Firefox and Brave and mass adoption of BAT would be massive, lot of contenders in that market but it has the clear pedigree. I don't see them rushing to the chinese coins -NEO, ASCH etc, they were very very reluctant to support Bitcoin Cash which is still the 4th largest currency.

I think Zcash is up with a soild chance, big GPU mining base, been around, but it's a privacy coin.

I can see them flirting with the Asian market by listing Japanese Mona coin. It's a bit early to consider listing vertcoin.

I think that coinbase is hasn't even had a chance to concillodate as the number 1 app in itunes.

I think a really sweet stock to hold is whoever makes hardware wallets - like AMD and NVIDEA they boomed this year. At what holding does a person want to have cold storage - plus people do love 'things' so with these wallets selling as quick as they can make them for huge margins based on the relatively little hard and software. But I still think it's all about BTC for now - it's the gold standard that everything is judged against.

The latest rumour is Elon Musk is Satoshi - makes sense, he was in the right industry at the right time (co-founding PayPal) an the mofo is chatting about fly to Mars - fuck the moon lol - without govt backing...

I really wonder would BTC have been crushed if Hiliary had won. Trump aparently watches 5hrs of TV and takes time to block individual members of the public from his twitter lol - he also proposed to remove 2 regulation for every one. I think Hillary would of taken a 'terrorist' spa attack on BTC

I think it's definately worth holding ADA (Cardano) I have been watching that one closely and it's developers are refusing to let it moon just yet - huge sell walls in a speculation. Joint etherium developers, based mainly in one of the worlds crypto hubs Seoul. It's cheap and $500 into it should look nice in a year.

I was going to name NEM as the coin that was going to boom when i got dragged through all that horrible completely unnessesary bullshit - and it did, it leaped 46%. My trades have been so on point lately (don't mean to sound like a dick) but they have, I can read the sell walls, I have used the santient network token a few times which gives a vast wealth of information, that is actually useful, but unless your moving $1/2000 a day around the markets it's not really worth your while and as the niche of people moving that day trading is pretty small so i don't expect the coin to go up in value too much.

But yea if you could ask Matthew to let me back in I would appreciate it. I am ADD as fuck until I hyperfocus and really can't handle weird internet rows. Only really comfortable talking normally about shit I know. And of course I'm going to do mad shit. But actually my life is pretty chill right now and I don't think I've been on here drunk is years.

Apologies for my part in all that totally wasteful drama. Have lots of other info but hopefully I can get back in under my monkier and we can chat freely - right now I dunno if this will post...

0 |

Didnt help that I was deliberately trying to wind you up. Good info btw.

2 |

Oh it did post! I've made some nice contacts on the bitcointalk forum - I might be doing business with a West African fella. And if you want to be raceist about it that's your call, but it's a solid business proposition and certainly one that if it will develop will develop slowly. Also talking away to a really sound fella who has 39 S9 miners. Got into it really early (forum join date 2011) and has tons of points on this trust system they use on there.

He refered me back to a post when BTC was around $1500 after the Winklevoss twins got turned down for a BTC ETF - but - where given another chance to resubmit - he predicted a $20k btc in Dec back in March and he predicts a 6 figure BTC by 2024. He know way way more than i do, from South Wales, hosts half his miners in washington state fot the 6c electricity and half in the Chezk repbulic for 8c electricity. Helped a lot in optimising the machines - can't wait to get the other 2.

L3+'s are on sale from Bitmain right now - prob won't be in a couple of days, the cost would be around £2100 to have mid march. I wouldn't. I want BTC miners, but I like a lot of the coins on the Scrypt algo (mostly Verge which honestly trading that one coin alone - maybe 60 times has made me $7/8,000)

Good luck and bookmark bitcoins2u@protonmail.comtarget="_blank">bitcoins2u@protonmail.com> - 5% lower than the lowest on local bitcoins. Limited supply, just want to sell enough for 8-10 ebikes and a 10yr old truck.

Take care

0 |

It was a weird one S2. I didn't know what was happening, who was doing what, just scattered my thinking and I reacted probably in one of the worst ways possible giving the troll no doubt hours of entertainment. I guess a problem is that I am too honest as well, but you know, there are worse cunts. Would appreciate burying the hachet with yourself Shane as really - we've no arguement. I don't care how anyone lives their life until they start interfering in mine but I argued as much back so got to take responsibility.

Nearly Christmas. If (just if) BTC makes it to 6 figures I don't want a Lambo I want a forest lol. I seen one for sale recently 40 odd acres. Then your on private land and can have the regulation voltage of the ebikes switched off and have a 50mph mountain bike course!

Gotta dream!

0 |

*I am Dr Octagon on bitcointalk forum

0 |

Cheers, DB. Solid info. Think I'll look into omisego. My car packed it in 2 days ago so I can't stick the money I'd like to into crypto. Shite timing.

0 |

Second the forest dream. I worked on a log cabin in Canada a few years ago and I've wanted to buy a small patch of forest and build one ever since.

0 |

We live in a shite part of the world for it. Such a tiny amount of forest left.

0 |

just ignore haters/people having a cheap pop as they've nothing worth contributing themselves. It's annoying that it can derail decent threads, but don't bite and just stay on topic.

GCB DB.

0 |

nice one DB

" I have used the santient network token a few times which gives a vast wealth of information"

What is this?

0 |

DB - props.

0 |

I'd love to live in a forest, secluded like. With an internet connection. That would be cool. The crypto stuff is actually very interesting, I'm just not sure I could be arsed with it. Wouldn't call myself a risk taker financially.

0 |

Zero risk if you take out your investment after BIG GAINZ.

0 |

BTC to 6 figures by 2024.

I'd love to know the logic behind that prediction. Why even come off with that kind of stuff. I mean what happens in 2024? Is he predicting a crash then? Or are we gonna have so much money in BTC that the world goes dark from over consumption of energy?! I wouldn't be getting into business with anyone selling it to me with claims of 6 figure BTC. The Madness

0 |

$1.5tn market cap. Wee buns.

2 |

RP, just get some LTC and HODL.

You know you want to!

1 |

Seeing wayyy to much coverage on crypto at the minute. Herd mentality kicking in. I would have invested if I could have cracked how to easily buy in the first place, can't see myself buying in now tbh. Good luck and all.

0 |

Dr octagon , sweet choice

0 |

One thing I noticed recently is when Gdax crashes and it's down for a few minutes, if you cane radingview.com or similar for what way ETH/BTC/LTC is moving, Gdax starts back up where it left off very temporarily and you can make a quick purchase/sale and take advantage. Not 100% if it was a one off and i was lucky or whether it is something to watch out for further down the line.

0 |

Has everyone updated their LinkedIn to say "Blockchain entrepreneur and crypto investor"?

0 |

Today is huge! Almost always, like 95% of the time, the market takes a hit over the weekend (presumed because thon dnm ones cash out n re up) In a couple of hours I'll stick up the full weeks earnings for the L3+ and S9 so anyone whos intrested in mining can see just exactly what to expect with the latest hardware. I also spent ages last night doing some migrane inducing maths and it looks a near certainty based on a few easy to make assumptions that BTC could easily be well into 6 figures by 2024. But really, it's some of the toughestest maths I've ever done!

Did you know that the amount in investment funds is thought to be between $512trillion and $1.2 Quadrillion - I never heard Quadrillion outside of space chat! Its $1,000,000,000,000,000

www.marketwatch.com/st...

0 |

How'd I forget that Gerry! That's another 3 pages on the CV at least :p

0 |

Always happy to help a brother improve his cv. Accepting LTC tips here LgevRtxm4YVkbNn4FGfw8AkJGrULDmK4mh

0 |

How can they possibly predict that though? That seems like a mad level of conjecture. I'd love to see it but there's no way people can predict that.

0 |

But what happens in 2024? Why stop there?

There is I am sure absolutely no technical analysis can predict that to any degree of certainty.

A company presents a tonne more info in their reporting than you can gather from black box bitcoin analysis and you'd be hard pressed for any analyst to give you a view of their 2024 position.

Two people are predicting six figures by 2024...bitcoin evangelists and snake oil salesmen.

Would love to see the Maths

1 |

Amazing what some people can predict when they have a vested interest in it.

1 |

It's just people just trying to pump bitcoin.

0 |

Ye know the bit in The Big Short where Steve Carrell's character is talking to the stripper with four houses and his face just drops because he realises the whole thing is a bubble?

That's what I feel like when I hear these 6 figure BTC claims.

0 |