Choose a discussion

CRYPTOCURRENCY

Can we keep all the sensible crypto ans drug chat in here.

Multiple lawsuits incoming from the other deleted thread

2 |

we now stand in proximity to an asset bubble the magnitude of which has never before been observed by humanity.

www.zerohedge.com/news...

0 |

Thats ridiculous. It not like mortgages, or real currency or gold is tied to bitcoin. Scare mongering. Or am I totally wrong??

0 |

Got £70 worth back in Nov 2013. In Jan 2014 they'd risen enough for me to buy a keyboard at £90 (which I sold a while ago for £50) and I'd still plenty left over. In May 2014 I bought something worth £20. Since then I didn't touch the left overs. The left overs are now worth a fair amount. I got some more just before the recent mad spike and very tempted to take out that investment again and leave the rest, like last time. It's nice being in on the game and having zero risk (as well as a bit of profit), but at the same time, if it keeps rising, it's kinda annoying knowing that investment could still be in there making MOAR GAINZ.

0 |

I guess it's the same as any other speculative investment. Don't out in what you can't afford to lose, and if you get reasonable gains, just get your initial investment out so you've zero risk.

0 |

Was thinking that myself Murray

The mortgage bubble was so painful because of the CDOs attached to them. Nobody can do that with Bitcoin (yet) in any way. So a crash and the money just goes up in smoke, zeros and ones. At least with actual assets someone is on the other end of the transaction and adding value to the economy. Currently, you invest in Bitcoin and it just sits there for the most part. It's a mad oul game.

0 |

Are hedge funds investing in crypto? If yes, then it'll affect everyone when the bubble bursts

0 |

They've come up with some ways for people to 'get exposure' to bitcoin I've read but the hedge funds are not investing in it I don't think

0 |

Dark Hedges

0 |

no comment

0 |

Ferg will be in Lambo territory by Christmas.

0 |

*Tesla

0 |

I do seem to remember that LTC was being talked about on here at less than $1 so if someone got in then with any significant amount, fair fucking play.

0 |

well done, Nathan

0 |

seems IOTA is causing all sorts of bother for people getting their money out.

0 |

Link man?

0 |

forum.iota.org

0 |

Jesus that sounds like a complete melt

0 |

news.bitcoin.com/bitfi...

0 |

A lot of warnings about scammers too, jumping on people's panic, directing them to phishing sites and stealing wallets.

0 |

what I'm getting from that article is that it was bitfinex problems with most major coins apart from LTC. Is iota having additional issues as well?

0 |

ftalphaville.ft.com/20...

0 |

The IOTA wallet is a complete joke. Moving anything is nigh on impossible.

0 |

Baz did you not say you've got a stack in Ripple? Having a good day today lad.

0 |

Izabella Kaminska FT 2 hours ago
Ripple has pivoted so many times on its business model it could be a member of the Moscow State Ballet by now. Every time it pivots it moves away from blockchain tech and towards more conventional (and very much centralised) existing bank ways of doing things. In that sense it’s mostly a PR branding exercise than anything else. Its main “innovation” is outsourcing processing responsibility to arbitrageur third parties. This is basically how ETFs work. And that in the long run presents us with all the same problems that have come along with HFTs. It works until it doesn’t.

0 |

Sure it was well known that Ripple was EstablishmentCoin. Tbf I thought it was undervalued. They had news out about partnering with AmEx and the price barely moved. Perhaps people are catching up to it.

0 |

mmurray • 7 minutes ago
"Tbf I thought it was undervalued"

Genuine question, how are you calculating fair value for these cryptos?

0 |

Genuine question any of you paid off your mortgages yet?

1 |

The whole system is a giant marketing game. With no actual fundamentals it's all about how big a story you can get out there. Without institutional players, it's really quite laggy too.

Take IOTA for example. They announced their big trial run data marketplace with a ton of blue chips on a Thursday. On the Friday the price had sort of moved on the news but not much so I bought. On the Saturday and Sunday it boomed.

So when Ripple didn't move dramatically on what I would say is big news, I'd call it "undervalued". I get your point though, it's all complete hoo-hah anyway and there is no intrinsic value to any of it.

I'd say if you were so inclined you could make fortunes playing the "penny stock" versions of these coins. Any news at all and the price movements are vast.

0 |

Are there brokers working in these markets that you can throw a wad of cash at and they invest it to make a profit whilst taking their cut out the other end?

0 |

They'd be liars, Andy. No one really has a clue what's going on.

1 |

That's good to know. I currently wouldn't touch these currencies with a barge pole. They're too erratic and i'm sure there's lots of money to be made but there's also too many ways to lose a lot too.

0 |

its the fact that when it goes tits up you end up with nothing but a screen showing zeros, at least when the housing crisis hit you had something tangible or if gold collapses you have gold.. with this shit its just pure nothing, ragin i could never get bought in back when DB was spouting about IOTA's but sure

0 |

I can't make up my mind what part of the cycle we're at. Because it's constantly rising it always feels like the peak. But on the other hand, derivatives and ETFs haven't even joined the party yet so.... does it have another week? another month? another year? Complete guess work.

0 |

IOTA on the down RJ

Wouldn't be a bad time to get in if that is your feeling. The wallet and exchange issues probably causing it.

They keep talking about a couple of big announcements expected in Jan, but he knows. That is just something somebody said on a mesaage board lol

0 |

cant find an easy way to get money into the system, tried setting up accounts on blockchain and bitfinex and none of them would accept simply transactions through my visa debit and simply give up

0 |

You'd have to convert into BTC first to buy IOTA afaik. It was a melt for us to get it.

0 |

it was getting my documents verified in order to enable me to purchase shit, the fuckers wanted a utility bill and copy of my passport

0 |

this was through bittlyicious

0 |

Thought it was all untraceable?

0 |

Aye verification is a complete bollocks. Think Bitfinex is one of the harder ones to get on to. I am so convinced they're up to something dodgy too.

0 |

coinbase is another with less verification

the revolut card allows you to get into cryptos much easier now RJ. They basically just simplify the whole thing for you. only BTC, LTC and ETH at the minute, no IOTA. they charge £6 a month to access their service, but their fees are much lower when transacting.

revolut.com/r/ronan9rl...

0 |

Coinbase To Add "Many More" Altcoins In 2018 Says Co-Founder And CEO Brian Armstrong

coindingo.com/coinbase...

0 |

Huge for whatever coins end up on coinbase.

0 |

Ripple is a cert for that.

0 |

Can you get coinbase in Ireland/UK?

0 |

For those that want to look through the technical details of bit coin...

0 |

Nice linkage

0 |

apnews.com/f7ccc4ea283...

"Venezuelans seeing bitcoin boom as survival, not speculation"

0 |

I thought I knew nothing about economics until someone brought Venezuela into it.

0 |

i'm hoping IOTA update their wallet so we can get these coins moving if we need to, annoying and ironic that the currency boasting micro payment supremacy does not allow easy transactions!

1 |