Choose a discussion

CRYPTOCURRENCY

Can we keep all the sensible crypto ans drug chat in here.

Multiple lawsuits incoming from the other deleted thread

2 |

Don't bring me into this Muzka fs. My legal crew have enough to deal with regarding my cryptos and offshores.

1 |

I’m sticking with the premium bonds my granny n granda bought me in 1984

0 |

"An arguement could be I'll on pay tax on BTC if you let me pay that tax in BTC - people would be much more responsive to that. Win - win, govt massive windfall tax + BTC institutional legitamcy"

"How bout you just pay your fucking taxes or I send you to jail" is how that would play out in a movie.

Honestly, that's the crux. All currencies are socially derived tokens of value and are legitimised by the the ultimate social contract...taxes. my feeling is the powers that be won't be handing that to Bitcoin and it's tech-geek millennials - ever. But they will say, "hey, c'mere to me...build me one of them yokes and I'll pay ya a truck load". State Crypto

0 |

The blockchain gather information on all owners and all tranactions. whenever it become worth their while it will be taxed

www.bloomberg.com/news...

0 |

The only reason bitcoin is worth anything is because it can be sold for government backed money. I can imagine it being anything other than a rspeculative gamble until the volitility settles down

0 |

Now it's getting silly

www.zerohedge.com/news...

0 |

Hahaha love that. Maybe govts will be rethinking those auctions now. Didn’t some venture capitalist buy something ridic like 350m at a police auction?

0 |

qas trhat dread pirate robert's stash?

0 |

??

0 |

Is this bitcoin speak?

1 |

Take a break boyzzzzz and girls.
Who wants a joint?

Who NEEDS a spliff?
About 30 motherfuckers.

0 |

Dpr is Ross ulbrich aka Silk Road founder serving double life currenty

0 |

Imagine how many dealers that have become super minted having done business using Bitcoins on line? A wee bag of something was probably 4 Bitcoins. Them 4 Bitcoins are now 64k or whatever. Times 100 transactions.

0 |

Seen a guy on twitter raffling a few bitcoins. Said he bought 1500 when they were 2 dollars each

0 |

Could you argue any crypto earnings are tax free? It is essentially gambling at this point

0 |

It's about as much gambling as the stock market is. Capital gains tax at the very least.

0 |

The stock market doesn't fluctuate as much. There's safe bets on the stock market where you won't make a million but a small tidy profit. Can't say that for crypto currency. Big wins but big losses.

0 |

Stock market is investing in companies, crypto is buying something with an intrinsic value of zero in the hope that someone will pay you more for it in the future

0 |

You could do just that A.S.

"Whether any profit or gain is chargeable or any loss is allowable will be looked at on a case-by-case basis taking into account the specific facts. Each case will be considered on the basis of its own individual facts and circumstances. The relevant legislation and case law will be applied to determine the correct tax treatment. Therefore, depending on the facts, a transaction may be so highly speculative that it is not taxable or any losses relievable.. For example gambling or betting wins are not taxable and gambling losses cannot be offset against other taxable profits."

Doesn't mean they won't find against you however. The tax treatment will evolve on a case by case basis.

0 |

What about ICOs that are used to reach a seed fund target though Daire? I wonder if that would be treated as an investment in a Blockchain technology company rather than a bet on demand for zeros and ones

0 |

ICOs a bit of grey area at the minute. China banned them and demanded all previous ICOs refund the investors until they can properly regulate them. A lot of other jurisdictions working on regulation of them too

0 |

ICOs seem like complete wild west at the moment. Some good ideas in there and I've taken a punt on one so far but I don't think I'd be making a habit of it. Too much bullshit flying about.

Markets looking a little twitchy today, roll on whatever the fuck is gonna happen come 11pm.

0 |

“It is rare that you see something more volatile than bitcoin, but we found it: bitcoin futures,” said Zennon Kapron, managing director of Shanghai-based consulting firm Kapronasia.

0 |

LTC looking well again today. Charlie Lee on Squawk Box at 4:30 too, should do some good.

0 |

our wonderful geeky messiah

0 |

Say one of the bitcoin whales wanted to make a lot of cash, could they short BTC, then dump their entire holding onto the market place, benefiting from the peak prices, then the short gamble. Then they could buy up a load more btc for pennies?

0 |

Bitshite

1 |

Litecoin is taking off here.

0 |

Ate that 200 sell wall like it was nothing. 220 then dip.

0 |

Or not. Chikun has got legs.

0 |

LTC needs to wise up. I don't own enough of it yet.

0 |

imgur.com/hYydTQm Charlie Lee can fuck up and all. Was a bit nervous looking on CNBC and then comes out with this. Actually needs a slap.

0 |

LTC up 92% in 24 hours.

0 |

managed to get a wee bit of LTC at $148/£111. was going to postpone it for a day, glad i didn't

0 |

Just realized I bought 0.01 bit coins for $10 3 years ago. Was messing about with coinbase app. Wish I’d put more on it.

0 |

How much is that worth now?

0 |

$333 dollars

0 |

$325 dollars

0 |

Shaweeeet

0 |

Completely forgot about it. Going to buy some more I think.

0 |

Didn't ferg buy this stuff at a couple pound a pop?

1 |

bubbles are all the same,

some smug people at the minute thinking they are Warren Buffet ffs

0 |

Dead easy to be Warren Buffet when everything is booming. Don't think this Bitfinex/Tether thing is even nearly done, it could well come out to be the engine fuelling this boom. Noticed on the 5m charts on GDAX that around the time Bitfinex was reporting DDOS attacks, GDAX volumes dropped way off.

Wouldn't surprise me at all if some shady fucker was "printing" USDT and moving them into other exchanges via BTC/ETH/LTC to obfuscate the trail.

0 |

Know a fella who remortaged his house to buy Bitcoin and he has not previous background in this sort of stuff. Header if it goes tits up lol

0 |

People are fucking mad like. I think I've put in less than a grand over all and it was money that was left over at the end of the month. Don't invest what ye can't afford to lose etc etc.

0 |

when every cunt and their dog is talking about making money at it i figure i'm too late to the party so will sit back and watch either the party go full on balls to the wall or crash and burn as the cops raid it

0 |

I will buy everyone out of their crypto for a tip top and bag of fives each. You select flavour.

0 |

Aye, I'm the same. But at the same time... fuck it, go big or go home.

1 |

Once it doubles in price, sell half and recoup initial investment, rest is all profit. You can ride the waves and hopeful end up in BTC territory

0 |

I passed that point the other day... my brain says cash out stake and play house money, my heart says moon.

1 |