Choose a discussion

CRYPTOCURRENCY

Can we keep all the sensible crypto ans drug chat in here.

Multiple lawsuits incoming from the other deleted thread

2 |

Cheers that answers few things in simple terms. Nice

So who owns it? Who created the code? Do they get a % of all mined bitcoin?

0 |

Developers started years ago building frameworks to make the process of mining and wallets so everything was fair and secure. Framework like ethereum.

0 |

Obviously they've a ways to go as hackers are still finding ways to hack some frameworks.

0 |

www.bloomberg.com/news...

0 |

Interesting. Seems a small number can control and manipulate the market?

May watch they aren’t kidnapped by a Russian gang. So much money and control must be a little frightening

I’m amazed people can just create a currency and grow it. I’m bit more clearer now but it’s still a complicated situation and loads more I don’t understand.

When’s the film out??

0 |

Heard the anonymous guy who made them has about 10 billion worth of them from the very start.

0 |

0 |

There’s a few documentaries about it already muzka. One of my friends put 6 figures in it in early 2014 and doubled down in 2015. Needless to say he doesn’t work anymore

0 |

Nice

0 |

Some balls in 2014 to back it with big sums. That Bloomberg article about the whales is the only thing I would point to in terms of the wild swings. The rest is anybody's guess. Kind of goes against the whole decentralisation claim by Bitcoin evangelists when 40% are owned by a small number. It's a lot of power there. They could easily have some kind of cartel arrangements to suck in the bubble crowd. Who knows.

There is no way the dreams of the bitcoin fanatics will be realised though. It's Bitcoin 2.0 or what ever that will be tightly regulated and usable to pay taxes that will become the digital currency eventually. That's not to say all cryptos are aiming to be a fully fledged currency. Many are simply tokens to transfer data and ways to raise seed money to develop their ledger ideas. It's quite an innovation from that perspective.

0 |

The winklevoss twins are 2 of the biggest bitcoin holders they got in round the $200 mark and if they have stuck to their word that the are 'In it for the loung haul' they apparently would be worth $1.1billion in BTC alone. The also own a massive (over 50%) amount of the pre-mined 'Ripple' protocol.

Ripple is a boegy man amongst cryto neo-libetarian's as it's blockchain likely to be impliented by the fed.

This whole '21m ever' is a bit missleading, reality is when it first emerged a simple CPU would be able to mine 1000's a week - nobody know for sure,, but around 30% are thought to be lost due to broken, thrown out hard drives. Also the \btc pays 'dividends' through forking ie bitcoin cash, btcoin golld - worth $1455 and $255 respectively.

Also once the next 'halvening occurs (currently 12.5 BTC a block.In 2.5 years thaat will be 6.5 coins a block)

The electricity side of things is unfortunate, but it does im instill some sort of store value. Once we reach the next halvening a lot of people think that the purpose of bitcoin mining will be to act as master nodes - facilitating transactions, securing the network and curcially collecting transfer fees. This will cause a to bitcoin interets rate to emerge.

Bitcoin wallets, apps are the number one downloaded apps on itunes, coinbase is seeing 300,000 registrations a DAY. It has been argued that this recent pump is Wall Strret money, who will be waiting for the 10th and the first bitcoin hedgefund, only to plunge the futures rates and pick up cheaper coins. This is typically known as flushing out the weak hands, moving them to the 'strong'.

It may be worth while setting up buy positions around the $8000 mark if bitcoin has a flash crash. Might not happen because the bankers are going up directly against public sentiment. It's risky if they try it.

I don't know how but I mixed up my machines - I have 1 L3+ and 3 S9's - 2 running - 2 3 weeks away. I would reccommend home miners to get an L3+ - its 800w at the wall rather than the S9's 1300 - it's also about half as loud. Still loud, but liveable with. Plus the 800w's at the wall is virtually all turned into heat.

The S9's you can't have in a residential setting. So loud, So hot. Making a clean fortune minind though $36 last 24hrs from my S9 ($23 from my L3+) . Even there March batch has sold out

0 |

Thank you to those of you who didn't slate me last night. It is much appreciated.

0 |

So you're not willing to stop posting on request then?

1 |

Litecoin up £5.46 in the past hour. Is it likely to drop a load over the next few days? Have a grand burning a hole in my pocket here. Might buy a grands worth and sit on it. Don't have a clue what I'm at so any advice appreciated.

0 |

I just add that the MarkFelt character is telling complete lies. Utter lies. And one thing I cn be ccussed of is being honest. He is toxic individual who used to be in poltics as the Mayor of Larne. He ditched the UUP to join the TUV as the DUP wern't hardcore enough for him. He is white, male, single and a completely toxic person. Big into facism, geniunely, the ideology. Massive rape fantasist. He has also used all forms of drugs and when I was in residential treatment rang up at 3/4am, high, to racially abuse the staff. Big racist. Recently got kicked of a PHd for not submitting anything in over a year (still took the money though) And is someone that, as I learn't a little bit more about myself, decided I absolutely didn't need a toxic sociopath constantly having to belittle someone or something in my life. So I cut off contact with him. Him turning up here and making up lies about me is his revenge?

Its strange, because the 2 people who with justification due to alcholic behaviour decided to cut contact with me. I only offer them annual apologies. I certainly wouldn't dream of further componding my ignorance.

This person has such a huge ego and fragile sense of self esstem that he cannot bare that I won't put up with him and his repulsive ultra right wing views anymore. I could say a WHOLE lot more. but that would be dragging myself to his level. He has no ties to the board, only lurks to see what I say and really is the textbook example of a toxic person.

0 |

I'll take that as a no then.

2 |

Why should I Matthew? Because a small group decided to launch a hate campagin against me? I don't intend to post regulaly. I will not be bullied into silence.

0 |

His forum his rules. Just delete his posts Matthew, all you can do at this point

0 |

LOL. this whole episode is surreal.. cryptocurrency chat mixed with a hefty dollop of underworld slander and sleaze

(and threats of lawsuits)

0 |

Lol, Mark Dunn that the best you have?

0 |

Stop derailing the thread, DB.

1 |

Hi db. Hope all's well,,

1 |

I don't need to say anything else DB, you're embarrassing yourself enough already. You've been posting non stop about your 2 L3+ and 3 S9's for weeks now, alternating between saying you've paid for them along with the import fees and backtracking and saying the 2 S9's are still on the way. How you could mix up that you only actually have 1 L3+ and not 2, considering you said you were running BOTH the L3+'s and 1 S9 and were waiting on 2 more S9's.

How could you possibly confuse the machines you had running in front of you, continuously, for weeks, baffles me. It makes me think you're just talking shit

1 |

You seem to be on his posts within minutes. What are you some kind of bot?

0 |

I think DB telling the truth here.

Or maybe he's duped me

Think I need a word with my lawyer Lad

1 |

Revolut card now allows cryotocurrency purchases

revolut.com/r/ronan9rl...

Sign up here so I can get on it instead of paying the monthly fee. Throw a dog a bone

0 |

2 |

Well Matthew thinks he can ban us, but I have stocked up for just such an occassion lol!

Matthew - read this, seriously, even you thought and said I'd done fuck all to deserve the abuse, the TJ stuff is banter the S2 stuff is well thats life - and the truth is I have no ill will to anyone on this board. I've not landed in drunk, slabbering for no reason - this was a dick who I have recently cut out of my life desperate for att

Well Matthew has clearly banned me from the board based on the allegations of an ultra-rightwing, loyalist, sociopath (nothing wrong with being a loyalist – I'm not – but whatever for others, however when Jim Allister tells you to dial it back Mark Dunn don't you think your loyalism is going a little far..)

So based on a hate campaign launched by a person new to the board who I decided I no longer wanted to associate with. A person who I have thousands of FB messages where he fantasises about the genocide of people based on religion, race, sexual orientation.

Makes a strange bed fellow Matthew – wonder how it'll look in the solicitors letter to FB regrading your social media moderation. A letter I won't send if you let me back on the board with the name doombadger.

Enough derailing - back to talking of crypto. Yup seems I made a mistake it is an S9 and an L3+ coming the new year

These are the 2 puppies I have mining away – between them made $68 last 24hrs
drive.google.com/file/...

I use Prohashing for the L3+ It is an intuitive pool that switches to whichever SCRYPT based coin has the lowest difficult at that point & crucially has liquidity to be sold for LTC/BTC) It also allows me to mine verge direct which is good as I want a fat stack of it going forward to 2020.

For BTC I'm mining with a Kainos, a US outfit – after the hacking of nicehash (and the ZERO chance of miners seeing any of the $62million stolen) and because although 27T/H is hardly anything. I don't like this Chinese centralisation – I can't speak Chinese + free Tibet etc

I do have a really rare opportunity to buy an S9 for $1450 (selling for £4500)

But I really have sunk so much money in to this lot

inypic.com/view.php?pi...

I dunno if it's worth it. I mean you really can just about double the sticker prices there when you account for – Import taxes, Power supplies, Shipping, Wifi bridges, cables – adds up!

And just as I noticed I'm being stalked so closely – perhaps that same person can do some math and tell me how stupid I am! Because when bought, they had to be paid for in Bitcoin cash. I don't remember them all, but I paid 6.25 Bitcoin cash for the L3+. Bitcoin cash is currently $1270...

Still it's nice to have £20,000 of actual hardware and (soon) a 7 days a week income of approx $136 every 24hrs.

(Not really the kid of deferred gratification one typically associates with a Crack and Smack head? I dunno, I don't actually know any, but certainly not in line with the mud slung my way – the mud you refused to alter once you instantly believed this toxic individual, Mark Dunn, was making up saying;
Quote 'Look, let's be real - you're in massive trouble if you ever go near a court or a lawyer. You were asked to stop posting on this website, and you couldn't resist, and you couldn't resist posting more and more stuff incriminating yourself. Stop now, leave, and stay away'

You took the baseless allegations and assumed them true and on your own violation denied me my legal rights.

It will take me £90 (less that 24hrs mining profit) and 2 hours to get a solicitor to draft up a letter direct to every conceivable head of department in FB Dublin – and if you think I won't fight for justice – you don't know doombadger (drop the ban, everyone chill out, let me talk with the people I talk to about crypto and I have no interest in making your life difficult man. None.

1 |

Impressive levels of stupidity there. Will upvote.

2 |

Can you hear that TJ?

That's the sound of a Lambo getting closer by the month - www.ebay.co.uk/itm/200...

0 |

Good stock image of those two machines from Google as well.

So who do you think would be in more trouble? You with the police for your threats of electronic terrorism? Or Matt for moderating a forum?

1 |

Probably be a spike in new year from small investors spending Christmas bonuses on coins.

0 |

Stock image enough for you Shane?
drive.google.com/file/...

2 |

In the real world - who made a threat about a what now?

0 |

‘an ultra-rightwing, loyalist, sociopath’

Is takki bullying again??

4 |

But seriously lads it’s almost Christmas, can’t you all just go back to friendly craic.

Shits got too serious for me, when internets gets real

1 |

Just spent £750 on LTC.

1 |

All I want. I didn't ask for any of this at all. And am totally willing to forgive and forget - even make a Christmas donation to server costs - I just want my log in back - I likely didn't handle it great - but how do you handle that kind of unprovoked character assasination? I truely feel sorry for Mark Dunn. just because I didn't want to listen to his hate anymore he has stalked me across the net, probably will do something else. But I'd advise him not to. I am pretty battle hardned when it comes to fighting internet trolls and always keep a couple of aces back.

0 |

Lol gerry

1 |

In the next while, sure you can see the numbers, I will have a ton of BTC and LTC for sale, buying them direct from a miner means you'll get approx 8% more coin than going through a 3rd party - take this email for future equiries ziplock500@protonmail.comtarget="_blank">ziplock500@protonmail.com>

0 |

Jokes getting old.. Can we ban this eejit and all his alter egos.
The people that still come here want a bit of banter and the odd bit of useful information.. They don't want a fucking crackpot threatening all sorts..

Get the hammer out Matthew

0 |

LTC heading for a wee correction here while the BTC crew head back to the mothership. Still looks like there's plenty of support at $155. Been a right wee rollercoaster day. Tipped $199 at one point :O

0 |

Or I'm bringing the RA into this

0 |

Mmurray pm me

Want involved in reddit

Got some serious videos here you would like

0 |

Fairly burnt through that 155 support. I'm gonna stop looking at GDAX for a while.

0 |

How does tax work when you withdraw crypto currency

0 |

Honestly not sure, my brother works for HMRC and had to go to London twice for a meeting regarding it. I imagine there will be a capital gains tax on Bitcoin profits, much like the IRS has in the states - but then there's so many shell ICO's, privacy coins it would be seriously hard to police it. I think it should be taxed. I'm not an anarchist that believes tax is theft. I think roads & hospitals can be pretty useful things

0 |

Should've held my nerves for another 40 mins ffs. Ah well, I'm planning on holding it for a few years anyway.

0 |

An arguement could be I'll on pay tax on BTC if you let me pay that tax in BTC - people would be much more responsive to that. Win - win, govt massive windfall tax + BTC institutional legitamcy

0 |

hello ladies

0 |