Choose a discussion

CRYPTOCURRENCY

Can we keep all the sensible crypto ans drug chat in here.

Multiple lawsuits incoming from the other deleted thread

2 |

Daire. I'd love to continue this debate in PM form. The board mental patient is distracting me.

0 |

RP, the people riding the wave during the recent spike/bubble were riding the wave *because* of the people who believe in the tech, not necessarily because they themselves believed in it (although a lot of them did or do now, and are holding since then, hence why the price of many are still well above what they were pre spike/boom). Although, I wouldn't even say they were 'riding the wave', as it was more like they were just trying to make a quick buck on something they strangely though was just going to keep increasing at a crazy rate indefinitely. Anyone with an ounce of sense would know that sort of increase was totally not sustainable.

What I meant was, if it wasn't for the people who actually believe in it, cryptos would not be here today, and therefore there wouldn't be anything for the lambo-heads to put their money in to. That's my point. But along the way, many of the new investors have learned about the tech and taken an interest and are in it for the long run. Others bailed once the 2 week investment lambos were disappearing off in to the distance, but that was always going to happen.

Main thing is, the crypto market *is* getting bigger and developing all the time, and at a silly fast rate. Who knows where it will be in 1 year, 5 years, 10 years. If you want to potentially have a stake in something which could be massive, then you gotta be in it, and that's what the people who believe in it are doing.

dairebhoy • 25 minutes ago
"The volatility was much higher in 2011, 2013 & 2014 than at any point in 2017 or 2018"

So it's stabilising? ;D

0 |

Why so hostile munchingmonster? I offered my support when nobody else was there for you. Us Liverpool supporters have to stick together m8.

I want you to think of me as the financially prudent brother you never had.

1 |

TJ, that’s 8 posts about me in last 4 hours and I was asleep for the first 2. Did I hurt your feelings the other day?

0 |

Here's another one Bro. Hope your pm debate with Daire goes better than the exchange in this thread. Don't let him obscure the debate with facts, oldest trick in the book that.

YNWA

1 |

hang on........is baz just a TJ alt?

2 |

Good one Lemac. If that’s your real name.

0 |

tคккเรςђเtt • 36 minutes ago
Main thing is, the crypto market *is* getting bigger and developing all the time, and at a silly fast rate.

What data are you using to make that conclusion takki? How are you measuring it? Number of transactions per day is decreasing, market cap is decreasing, rate of increase in wallet users is decreasing, etc...

blockchain.info/charts...

1 |

Decreasing from the ATH.

Exactly the same thing that happens in an market. When you have an ATH and then there's a drop, figures decrease.

The question is how far will they decrease, and when they stop decreasing will they still generally be on an upwards trend. So far, it's looking likely, even though those graphs you shared show shorter window timescales, rather than the overall picture...

0 |

*any market

0 |

Iceland is facing an "exponential" rise in Bitcoin mining that is gobbling up power resources, a spokesman for Icelandic energy firm HS Orka has said.

www.bbc.co.uk/news/tec...

nuts

0 |

tคккเรςђเtt • 34 minutes ago
The question is how far will they decrease, and when they stop decreasing will they still generally be on an upwards trend. So far, it's looking likely,

Again, what data are you using to make that conclusion takki? How are you measuring it? You have provided nothing to validate the claim that " the crypto market *is* getting bigger and developing all the time, and at a silly fast rate", just the assertion that "So far, it's looking likely", again, with no data to back it.

1 |

sweet jesus TJ how many alts do you have...

1 |

I'm using the same data you are using, but you chose to view it on a shorter timescale to backup your point of view. I'm using it over a longer period were the general trend is an overall increase. I linked to the 3 charts and the overall trend is rising. It's only the periods of 30 and 60 days on the Market Cap that are showing a downward trend (which is understandable after a spike/boom/bubble. The 180 days, 1 Year, 2 Year and All time periods all show increases.

I could pick out time periods which show any market to be decreasing e.g. here's the FTSE 100 from June 15 to Feb 16 which is showing a downward trend:

i.imgur.com/zhaSzsy.png

Yet on a bigger timescale its showing an overall increase seen in this graph:

i.imgur.com/Uy8KUrE.png

No point going back and forth on this though. Clearly looking at it from different viewpoints.

0 |

the general trend? when you look at the 'general trend' of crypto it in in the midst of a major crash. surely just because it is still up from three years ago doesn't mean its an upward trend.

2 |

tคккเรςђเtt •
Main thing is, the crypto market *is* getting bigger and developing ALL THE TIME

A 65% reduction in the number of transactions in one month does not show the market getting bigger ALL THE TIME no matter what way you look at it

1 |

Absolutely mental so much resources being used up to create something that has no real physical value. Insane actually

1 |

HODL crowd are the ones that are gonna get burnt the most on this. Need to stop comparing it to the stock market.

Pump and dump groups appearing all over Telegram. That's what crypto is traded on.

0 |

Baz, I have a piece of plastic in my pocket with a number on it. Apparently it will let me buy shit.

0 |

I guess in a year or two's time we'll maybe know better about what it is doing

0 |

You can enter an email address in to PayPal and it sends numbers to someone else's PayPal.

0 |

Hang on! It sending numbers around wires that you can see? Witch Craft.

0 |

* can’t see

0 |

Not sure what your point is there MM lol

I'm talking about the energy that goes into creating a Bitcoin ie the mathematical equation. Insane when you think about it. Currently using more energy than homes in Iceland

1 |

I can send money by PayPal and it doesn't take a gfx card to do it. Sadly the £100 GBP i had in there last week hasn't turned into £10000 yet.

0 |

Do PayPal charge you a transaction fee Choc-Ice when you buy something with that £100 GBP? Do they make you convert that GBP into another 'currency' which value changes erratically to settle the transaction?

2 |

PayPal charge the seller. They are a 3rd party between the two people/entities who want to trade/exchange. There's no need to have them there making money for doing something which could be done for, virtually, free.

Plus they've had many, many questionable practices and complaints over the years, most of which the blockchain/cryptocurrencies would prevent from happening.

Also, there was a time a few years back when people looked at PayPal with similar skepticism and mistrust as people are looking at blockchain/cryptocurrencies now. Yet now people are saying 'Why do we need cryptocurrencies? Sure I can send money to anyone via PayPal'.

0 |

PayPal is a fucking stroke when buying something in a different currency.

0 |

And peoples views of PayPal aren't actually that great either -
uk.trustpilot.com/revi...

So considering how well PayPal does, even though a lot of people hate them, I'd say there's a decent enough demand for cryptocurrencies which avoid all the shit of PayPal/banks/etc and that gets the job of transferring value between two people/entities instantly, extremely cheaply (potentially free) and is incredibly secure.

0 |

About time you joined the Elon Musk backlash, Takki.

0 |

The idea that it will ever be free is complete horseshit takki.

0 |

You know I can't do that Choc

Elon4Lyfe2018

0 |

Don't you know he's saving the world. One billion dollars in his own pockets at a time.

0 |

Instant transactions
Nano transactions happen immediately, so it's a currency you can use every day for purchases large or small.

Zero fees
Pay for the purchase, not the privilege – zero fees on whatever you buy, from bus ticket to business class flight.

Infinitely scalable
Nano can process over 1000x more transactions per second than Bitcoin, so you'll never get stuck in a queue.

nano.org/en/abou

0 |

That's could be the marketing blurb from any of 1000s of crypto bullshitters. I'll believe it when I see it. How do these people get paid? How are they supporting their system. No fees sounds like codswhollop.

0 |

Have a bit more of a read about it. It's interesting stuff:

ocialcoinnews.com/2018...

coincentral.com/raiblo...

0 |

And if you really want to get in to the nitty-gritty, read the whitepaper - nano.org/en/whitepaper

0 |

so bitcoin is underpinned by the validation of nonces? make sense

1 |

www.telegraph.co.uk/te...
Sure, what would they know ffs HODL

0 |

Government agency that doesn't insure new currency warns of risk shocker.

0 |

From a famous shares scammer's perspective www.express.co.uk/fina...

0 |

Scammer in 'scammer always be scamming'... shocker.

0 |

RaiBlocks article was interesting.

Is there a circular impact of the adoption of such a solution the writer is missing though? As a temporary medium of exchange or vehicle for transfer it sounds good, but they need it to be a fully fledged international currency for it to be 'the future'. I am thinking the migrant money transfer market they are targeting relies on the carry between currencies for it to exist at such a scale. That is, a pound is worth X amount of yuan which makes assets back in China that much cheaper. A cleaner here can send a professional level wage back to China. That's the idea.

As soon as you have an international currency it ends that exchange rate game however. I don't know.

Lofty ambitions anyway. Can't see it happening unless it's IMFcoin

0 |

What's your advice MM. Lump your savings on or what?

0 |

If government would let me take out some of my pension, i would, but I cant cause they'll tax the fuck out of me.

0 |

are you still defending crypto after your bro had $2000 scammed MM?

1 |

There is some bad actors out there. Im defending the technology. He wants nothing to do with it now. ha.

0 |

He still has most of his money in bitcoin. We all know its a risk. He's keeping an eye on it, and maybe be a way to get his money back. I wouldnt really bet my pension on it.

0 |

lol at the folk who bought some ponzy coin.

0 |

Why focus on your pension as being you limiting factor to get involved? Have You not thought of getting a few credit cards, as you have a job won't be a bother. Combine that with as much of your monthly wedge and stick it on a plethora of up and coming cryptos

0 |