Choose a discussion

CRYPTOCURRENCY

Can we keep all the sensible crypto ans drug chat in here.

Multiple lawsuits incoming from the other deleted thread

2 |

Hive Project. What's that all about DB?

0 |

What's happened here.

Has crypo shite itself as haven't haven't heard DB in a while

0 |

www.bloomberg.com/news...

0 |

He is off sorting out his next get rich quick scheme baz. Expect him back on here in a few weeks with 2000 word posts about Scentsy

3 |

India's government became the latest country to declare its opposition to bitcoin payments, saying it would do everything in its power to eliminate the use of cryptocurrencies.

“The government does not consider cryptocurrencies legal tender or coin and will take all measures to eliminate use of these crypto-assets in financing illegitimate activities or as part of the payment system,” Finance Minister Arun Jaitley told lawmakers in New Delhi on Thursday. However, while blasting bitcoin, the Indian finmin announced that India would embrace blockchain "The government will explore use of blockchain technology proactively for ushering in digital economy."

0 |

*BANK OF RUSSIA: ALLOWING CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE LOOKS RISKY

0 |

LTC down 61% in 6 weeks

0 |

i.imgflip.com/1vsyxy.jpg

0 |

Founder got out at ATHs on Litecoin as well. Sickening

1 |

"to avoid conflict of interest"
lol what a spoof. Cunt just wanted to stay rich.

2 |

www.pcmag.com/news/358...

Nathan. Uber look to be getting into e bikes.

0 |

So that's that then. No wonder this thread has gone quiet

1 |

If I'd one crypto for every time 'the end is nigh' has been said...

0 |

You'd be skint

As you'd be getting paid in crypto only when the market in crypto tanks

AND YOU CALL YOURSELF A BUSINESSMAN!

1 |

I still have my IOTA by the way. Almost at the break even point now

0 |

haha.. but seriously, over the years this has been said so, so many times that it almost means nothing now. I mean, it *could* be the end, but it is unlikely going by previous examples/history/'ends'. Plenty of new interest in it now also, a lot more big business. If it hasn't failed over the past 5 years when people have been claiming its the end and downing it, it's probably less likely to now. Yeah, it's taking a correction, like it done numerous times in the past.. then it's settled at a rate higher than it was pre-boom, then it rises again. It's happened several times. I def feel (a bit) for the short termers who got in thinking they're going to be driving lambos in 6 months, but that's foolishness on their part. Can hardly criticise the potential of crypto/blockchain because of that.

0 |

I'd agree with that - it doesn't diminish the potentials of the blockchain tech. But certainly will impact the ICO boom.

If you are looking at it from that perspective which coins do you see as the real value ones?

0 |

Oh aye, there was a definite needed purge of the shitcoins and lambo bois, tbf.

I'm currently holding:

XRB - Nano (originally RaiBlocks)
VEN - VeChain
ETH - Ethereum
LTC - Litecoin

I did have NEO and IOTA up until recently, but I swapped them for ETH.

0 |

dairebhoy • 1 month, 1 week ago
If it trades on technicals, it should still fill the gap to ~8200

Closed that gap now so doesnt look as bad on the charts. Well, unless you compare it to - 3.bp.blogspot.com/-H8R...

0 |

Can blockchain serve business, people and the planet?

Jochem Verberne, Global Partnerships Director, WWF International

"From biodiversity loss and ecosystem collapse to water crises and extreme weather events, most of the biggest risks identified in the World Economic Forum Global Risks Report are environmental.

Addressing their impact on our wellbeing, our prosperity and on enterprise requires a profound shift in how we produce and consume. Our orientation to nature must change too. We must move from being egocentric to ecocentric, balancing human and biosphere needs.

Technology and human ingenuity also have a significant role to play. From quantum computing and artificial intelligence to DNA sequencing and advanced robotics, innovation can transform our approach to sustainability. Perhaps of all the new technologies that comprise the Fourth Industrial Revolution, blockchain shows the most promise for radical disruption.

For example, blockchain has been introduced into the Pacific Islands’ tuna industry, to help stamp out illegal fishing and human rights abuses. This is the first such use of blockchain in the region, and was implemented by the WWF in partnership with global blockchain venture studio ConsenSys, ICT implementer TraSeable, and tuna fishing and processing company Sea Quest Fiji Ltd."

medium.com/world-econo...

0 |

That's great. So good to see the blockchain technology being used successfully and for good instead of pumping out worthless tokens for speculation. Sooner someone sets up a blockchain tech company and floats it, the better

0 |

Under $8000 now.

I wonder how many people shouting HODL a few weeks ago are now out. It's a fickle game. Boyos down the pub won't be too keen to strike up an oul Crypto chat now. You diversified aye? Tell me more

0 |

Now the time to get in big lads- get them while their chep

0 |

And a wee immediate bounce above 8 again.

0 |

What's it like compared to this time last year?

And the year before that?

During which there was several 'this is the ends'. Both previous years saw rises then dips in January. Maybe this year has just been a mental huge one due to the absolutely massive amount of mainstream interest and the FAR easier access that has come about?

0 |

Because something worthless is more accurately priced at $900 than it is at $19000
Let me know when the world has gone full retard when it hits $100,000

0 |

HODL choc

0 |

scary money lost on those balloons that bought in when it was climbing and didnt cash out at $20k.. down to $8k.. jesus thats some drop

0 |

GTOF more like ;)

0 |

Lol of idiots who hadnt a clue but bought into the hype have surely lost a fortune

0 |

guy in work asked me about it, saying you know computers and shit lol should i invest in bitcoin and it was at $15k and climbing and he wanted in, thankfuck i told him nah, its a bubble and you and i both know fuck all about it, the real money has been made now its just the wild west.. was chatting the other day and he thanked me for saving him a few grand

0 |

but there was people i read remortgaging and shit to jump in

0 |

People defending the drops talk in terms of percentages, fair enough. But when something drops by $10,000, it shows how little is thought of its intrinsic value.

0 |

There's no doubt about it though, blockchain is going to be the future.

And, to put the possibilities into perspective, when you've got Amazon pumping out profits like they are, and then you look back to the dotcom bubble and how Amazon was one of the lucky few who made it out alive, then imagine getting in at the start on a blockchain tech provider who becomes one of the winners?

The second article below highlights something similar to what a lot of these blockchain ICOs are aiming for; being a platform to support other businesses and offer them services and ways to improve their own business processes using the blockchain. The scope is fucking massive, and if a few of the blockchain startups make it through and you're in early, it could be a nice wee investment for the future...

----------------

Alexa, print money: Even Bezos stunned by Q4 Amazon income

"The fact that Amazon made lots of money in 2017, both in the full year and its fiscal fourth quarter, may not surprise anybody who keeps tabs on the retailer/cloud services provider/video streamer/drone operator.

But the newsworthy thing about its latest quarterly financial report (PDF), released on Thursday, comes from comparing it to a prior earnings report from October 2017: just how bad Amazon was at predicting its bonkers Q4 income.

Amazon's October guidance predicted (PDF) an operating income not exceeding $1.65 billion for Q4 2017—a pretty sky-high estimate, considering that the company reported $1.3 billion of operating income in Q4 2016. But that was nothing. Amazon's Q4 2017 operating income was actually $2.1 billion—a cool 69-percent jump over the same period last year.

Similarly, that quarter's net income climbed to $1.9 billion in Q4 2017, compared to $749 million in the same period last year."

arstechnica.com/inform...

----------------

The little-known deal that saved Amazon from the dot-com crash

"Another key insight that crystallized only after the dot-com crash was the idea that Amazon could be a platform to support others businesses. Marketplace, Amazon’s platform for third parties to sell used books (and later lots of other stuff), launched in November 2000. Amazon debuted Prime in 2005, and later opened up its two-day shipping technology to some third-party sellers. Amazon Web Services, which allow third parties to build websites using Amazon’s own infrastructure, didn’t launch until 2006."

www.vox.com/new-money/...

----------------

0 |

Paradigm Shift: From Web1.0 to Web3.0

ackernoon.com/paradigm...

0 |

Whats the correlation between successful use of blockchain tech and the value of any of those coins though takki?

2 |

Depends on the blockchain/crypto/token/ICO.

BTC is different from ETH is different from POE, for example.

0 |

But they're all for payments which realistically blockchain tech will not be used for

1 |

No they're not really. ETH, for example, can/is used for smart contracts etc too - www.ethereum.org

You just got to look into what each has to offer.

No point going over and over these things though, some people just think it's all a scam/doomed, some believe in the tech and accept the potential risk. The way I see it; if you're the former, why hang about watching/criticising. If you're the latter, good luck to you. If you're interested but not sure, just look into it more and make as informed and rational decision as you can, and don't put in anything you couldn't afford to lose.

0 |

this is where its at right now: uetoken.com

0 |

I thought that was going to be this, RP - coinmarketcap.com/curr...

0 |

I mean this guy created a token, said nobody will get anything from it openly and has had a quarter of mill from it cryptovest.com/news/us...

0 |

Yet another massive public bailout of a badly run private company...

Carillion collapse: UK puts up £100m to back Carillion contractor loans - www.bbc.co.uk/news/bus...

0 |

m.gulfnews.com/amp/bus...

0 |

All the other times Bitcoin has 'died'

imgur.com/gallery/1RlbR

0 |

0 |

It's happened before granted. But are you saying it's just history repeating now? If so why? What makes this crash just like the crash from a buck to 20 cents? As that's what you are saying

0 |

I hope the arse falls right out of this nonsense so gfx cards can get back to a normal price. Hearing the boys in the bar getting on like the wolf of wall street is getting boring.

0 |

Don't worry, lads. I'm predicting strong support at 0.

0 |

Has the badger been on here since it all went pear shaped?

1 |