Choose a discussion

CRYPTOCURRENCY

Can we keep all the sensible crypto ans drug chat in here.

Multiple lawsuits incoming from the other deleted thread

2 |

www.theguardian.com/te...

0 |

Scam city. They are saying South Korean finance ministry awash with insider trading. Selling as soon as the exchange crackdown was muted and buying back in just before they said it may not be possible to ban them.

Hmmmmmm no no no....the word is not what it used to be

0 |

Actually, with hindsight, yup I probably was talking a powerful amount of shite.

In my defence, I was not alone. The whole crypto arena is full of people just exhusted now from talking shite. Also I think it fair to note that the bluk of my guff was harmless attempts at trying to understand what has been going on. Unlike the 'experts' who had the shite talk dialed up to 11 in attempts to shill shit coins and manipulate their audiences.

Seems like every crypto channel has a hangover from trying to make sense of this market. Iike many others, I'm taking a break from the whole thing until something genuinely worth discussing emerges. Not good to get so consumed by the whole thing. Time to persue more wholesome activites. Weekend in Prague I think.

Peace out!

0 |

You aren't pulling out are you? Lol

1 |

This is the 2018 "away postering"

4 |

Seeing sense DB, good lad.

0 |

Fuck Prague lad, get yourself back to Marrakesh.

But if you do go to Prague, keep us updated on any DB madness going down.

0 |

Lol

1 |

State

1 |

wonder what the next scheme is

1 |

I reckon it'll be his own raw water brand. He'll be down the lagan fillin old frosty jack bottles with some swampy mud water and selling it for 60 quid a touch.

1 |

i.imgur.com/kuzIOLh.jpg

Jamie Dimon says he regrets calling bitcoin a fraud and believes in the technology behind it

- J.P. Morgan Chase CEO said he regrets calling bitcoin a fraud.
- "The blockchain is real," Dimon tells Fox Business.
- Dimon remains concerned about how "governments are going to feel about bitcoin when it gets really big."

www.cnbc.com/2018/01/0...

0 |

Tales From teh Crypto

1 |

Everytime Dimon open his piehole Bitcoin goes up.

qzprod.files.wordpress...

No I'm still mining away and it's all going pretty sweetly. Toying with the notion of a small (4 or 6 1070 or 580 - or even lower specs if anyone has any that are gathering dust or fancy a few £ toward a better card. Like to keep the over heads as low as poss on building a GPU rig as will be the 1st time doing such a thing)

No I didn't mean to come across all 'Drama Debby' - just I found myself talking about stuff as if I actually had any real solid clue what was craic with this whole enornmous thing. And I don't think anyone can say with any degree of even 70% certaininty what the next 6 weeks hold never mind 12 months. I always paint myself into a corners and feel I have to defend a position in a months time I might have done a 180 on.

So if people saying I'm talking shite, every is every chance I am lol (although it would be benefical to the overall thread if they would hight light what was 'shite' and what their non 'shite' position was)

I can say one thing though. I am bullish on the entire market, I can't see that changing and I really am aiming to have (bare min) 2 BTC bitcoin dug up by 2021 and hopefully by then they will have some form of ETF established where I can earn legitimate interest on that without risking the principle.

I'm pleased to see that High Performance Blockchain is going up nice and steady (if you can 30% nice and steady in 2 weeks, pretty much in in crypto land) - these guys are giving a talk on the 26th of Jan at the San Fransicso blochain confrence and are a company offering propritiory Hardware and Software, with these 10nano meter chips ARM are producing that facilitate millions of transactions a second. I've just been gradually picking up more and more of these and because it is so low profile and only available on BiBox its really the only thing apart from 2 ICO's Ilike the look of.

Apart from that no great insights. Not bottling water from the Lagan and selling it as Frosty Jack, Jesus, that business plan is riddled with flaws - I don't think you've thought that one through Clean/dirty. The dragons would rip you a new one.

0 |

~~~cleandirty water~~~

"Freshly bottled at the banks of the Lagan. No treatment, no fuss. Just pure, cleandirty water."

0 |

I'm just trying to picture clean dirtys target demograph and how many weeks he would speculate remaining alive as soon as buisness began. Ahh I guess theres always going to be a good few think that I'm straight up window licking good but that's really their perogrative, I can't argue with a man who could even come up with a plan to sell water from the Lagan as Frosty Jack. That's hard to beat!

Just a wee bit more crypto chat, which I am trying to keep contained. A few folk are DAG or bust (I'm thinking of you Mmurray) I can def see the attraction to this - it was DAG and IOTA brought me back into this space. I just went of IOTA for a number of reasons, but DAG wasn't one of them.

IOTA, despite everything (which when aded together is a hell of a lot) is still an $8.58B market cap company (Was $15B, but only 7/8 months ago was $3/4million)

Aparantly IOTA is actually not a very programer friendly protocol, which if it's going to realise it's ambitions it needs to be completely hassle free with zero security issues. It also needs it's on properity chip -David Sønstebø has a big stake in modum.io

Which I swear I was looking at just before christmas at $2.50ish a token thinking this was by far the much better value proposition for investing in IOTA than IOTA itself..... and today looked again for the first time and BOOM - it's had a 31% day lol sitting at $7.88. God crypto can be very addictive. Even there thats a 300% gain in 1 month. HoHum.

I don't think it reeaallllyyyy matters all that much because the IoT connectivity is going to be - in my, potentially talking shit, opinion by the Chinese - I can't see Europe or America suddenly start manufacturing low cost, low margin, consumer electronics that form the basis of the IoT.

I see absolutely zero motivation for them to use IOTA's language with it's self destruct button and pump billionsinto the pockets of the 3 really obnoxious kids running it (and I know obnoxious).

Instead what we have - realativly just released is China's answer INT, Internet node token, who are also have a slot ath the San Fran blockchain event.

Internet node toke has only been available for 3 or 4 days - it's been widely anticipated by many and launched with a bonafide partnership with Huawei. (Not leaked screen shots from the Bosch intranet or any hints at partnerships)
The price rose today by 47.15% - however it is still under $1 and the market cap of the company is $142m. Ranked 163rd on coin market cap - $142m and with the partnership with Huawei has arguably achieved more already than IOTA which has a market cap od $8.58B...

It's kind of hard not to get excited about this opportuinity that's only a few days old - again ony available through Bibox (One major tip about Bibox - DO NOT - deposit etherium, I don't know why but they have to manually approve every transaction - I send litecoin, buy a couple of Bibox token's, to save on fees, buy etherium on their and trade etherium for INT (I have a fairly large amount amount now in HPB, CyberMiles and now INT on Bibox and my thing for the weekend is to get them into cold storage.

I'm not forking out 200e + for a ledger, I am looking to strip back an old Galaxay Core Prime and just install the parity wallet on it. If this works I'm going to start stripping them right back - I don't know if I'll go into root kits etc, but certainly disable all network connectivity - except USB (and have the option to add 4g etc) In fact - I'm thinking out loud here, but I wonder how cheap a phone could you buy solely for the purpose of acting as a cold storage wallet. And how much you could sell them online for.

At the monet - trezor and the ledger nano s are going for daft money £150+ for barely more than £10 worth of tech -
I mean here is the Ledger HW.1 for $26 on amazon.com - and it's essentially a SIM card that only supports 9 currencies - On eBay.co.uk same thing is selling for £49.99!

I don;t know if people know this or not but I but an (exaggerated) ton of electronics from China and currently have 15 maybe (no less than 10) of these - www.ebay.co.uk/itm/USB...

If anyone has an idea on how to turn these Sims into cold storage wallets please don't be shy, the market is real hot for them right now.

So - errr TLDR - buy INT,

0 |

****INT only available on OKEX at the moment
More info here - bitcointalk.org/index....

0 |

Apologies for multiple posts in a row here, but I thought I had bought INT on Bibox, I had bought ITC on Bibox, I have been reading up on the OKEX exchange (ALWAYS RESEARCH THE EXCHANGE AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE BEFORE PUTTING MONEY IN) and it seems they hace a 0.05BTC withdrawal fee x5 Bittrex and Binance. It's obviously not stopping people buying INT as the coin is mooning. But as I'm not prepared to accept a $50/60 withdrawal fee I can't reccommend it. The token was only released on the 16th of Jan. Inevitably other exchanges will follow. As exchanges are the greatest source of risk to your money - and this on (OKEX) I have just found out had a hack only 3 months ago and it is charging 5x as much for BTC withdrawls I'm not risking it. At least not until I have fully got to grips with Metamask, PARITY and to a lesser extent myetherwallet for cold storage. Don't go near it.

So on the face of it you have another example of me talking shite - saying run out and buy INT, and a couple of saying don't - but it's all in the game yo. I'm pretty sure it's safe. But with the amounts becoming rather meaty, security and cold storage sholud (in my opinion) be a priority over chasing gains.

Away back till Prauge fer a while

0 |

VeChain looks interesting. Announced a partnership with Pwc

www.pwccn.com/en/press...

Very risk averse company so to back a Blockchain company is very interesting

0 |

VeChain has a few pretty big 'partners'. I've been in on VeChain for a while.

“VeChain Breaks Into the Financial Services Industry By Partnering With Fanghuwang” -
medium.com/@vechainoff...

0 |

That last tweet is from a company that falls under the Shanghai Media Group (second largest state owned media group based in Shanghai).

Also this. The Chinese love their woodbines too.

0 |

www.chinadaily.com.cn/...

0 |

we could be Men with Ven!

2 |

It's all about using Blockchain to rubber stamp supply chain. So if you say you are selling prime NI beef then the Blockchain will verify that it's not horse meat. That's the basic understanding of it anyway.

With the recent drop are there many stories of people losing a fortune? On the way up all we heard were stories of these paper millionaires

0 |

Heard those photogenic facebook guys lost 600 million each in a week or so. Gutted.

0 |

Heard nathan lost his shoes in the whole deal

1 |

Www.iota.cansomeonebuy...

1 |

0 |

Ok. I work in a EDI company. The logistics of getting traditional supply chain companies to add rfid to all deliveries is over optimistic. It’s hard enough for them to stick labels on and to have everyone using the same block chain tech is also pie in the sky. They still use standards that are 50 years old and EU and US has different standards.

0 |

Your basically asking a distributor and their vendors all use the same, untested technology. Will never happen. Now I’ve heard shipping containers companies look into adding that to their containers, which is possible, but asking the trucking companies to have the budget or knowledge of block chain is a stretch.

0 |

Unless there is a premium for Blockchain verified goods. It becomes it's own standard?

0 |

Exploring blockchain for better business

January 19, 2018— Ottawa, Ontario

The National Research Council of Canada, through its Industrial Research Assistance Program (NRC IRAP) has recently launched the Canadian Government’s first-ever live trial of public blockchain technology (Ethereum) in the transparent administration of government contracts.

www.nrc-cnrc.gc.ca/eng...

0 |

Estonia Govermnent are using Blockchain for everything. Don’t get me wrong block chain would be brilliant for ordering, tracking and invoicing for shipments. Even if the tracking codes and invoice numbers are stored in a ledger.

0 |

NRC-IRAP - Blockchain publishing prototype

The National Research Council of Canada, through its Industrial Research Assistance Program (NRC-IRAP) is using the Ethereum blockchain to proactively publish grants and contribution data in real time, a measure that complements ongoing quarterly proactive disclosures available through the Open Government website.

On the simplest level, blockchains are public ledgers that record transactions shared among many users. Once data is entered on a blockchain it is secure and unalterable, providing a permanent public record. This technology offers unprecedented levels of transparency and trust allowing public records to be searched, verified and audited at a level the world hasn’t seen before.

nrc-cnrc.explorecatena...

0 |

That is amazing. The implications of open source information like that are beautiful

0 |

It's very cool.

0 |

The value and utility that a well-designed blockchain provides is remarkable. Immutability, secure transactions, privacy, transparency, the reduction or elimination of fraud…

That last part is key.

That’s because in a centralized system, we depend on “trusted” intermediaries (banks and other financial institutions) to conduct transactions.

But as we’ve learned time and time again, these “trusted” intermediaries are not at all trustworthy.

It wasn’t long ago when the LIBOR scandal uncovered that many of the most “trusted” financial institutions in the world were manipulating interest rates for their own benefit, and of course at the expense of others.

Banks like Barclays, Deutsche Bank, JPMorgan Chase, UBS, Citigroup, Bank of America, and the Royal Bank of Scotland were found to be right in the middle of these manipulations. And we’ve already discussed Wells Fargo…

The corruption is seemingly endless.

By design, blockchain technology removes the potential for manipulation to take place.

www.zerohedge.com/news...

0 |

So blockchain is open source, free to use. No point in coins though, just start your own blockchain.

0 |

Depends on what the blockchain tech is about, Phunk. Some dont need a currency/token. But having a large, decentralised network (which is what comes about by creating a currency/token) makes the blockchain much more resilient and trustworthy. It also creates an economy around that blockchain i.e. the miners who process the data can then get rewarded for doing that job and, again, the processing and recording of the data on the public ledger.

0 |

Hate to be that guy (I fucking love it tbf) but

Nathan Elliott • 2 weeks, 3 days ago

Lot's of reasons to buy VeChain at the moment

However (as furking typical) total number of VEN owned by me 0.

I like far to many. I'm really deep on HPB, ICT and CMT and apart from LTC and BTC thats all I'm in. I'm actually selling £350 of BTC a week (except this week and maybe next for reasons below) and focusing on other work. On the white list for Fund Request ICO and DADI ICO but undecided how much I'm going in

I'm not getting involved in the Telegram ICO, but with them looking to raise $2B straight out of the gate it will be a Bell weather event of the sector

Expect everything to nose dive te fuck untill the 26th when the CME futures close - Wall Street have started manipulating - they crashed BTC when the first round of Cboe futures were announced, the CME is even bigger and insitutional money will be sloshing around the markets pushing down BTC until the CME future conratct closes and then they will all buy up again.

If you havn't bought any Bitcoin - and really, if your just getting started, get started with the easiest - this dip over the next 4 days is a really good entry point - expect double digit greens on the top 10 on the 27th -(disclaimer - I am not Cryptic Meg, my crystal balls frequently fog up)

I have a list of 8 cars I'm hoping to do a summer cannonball run across euope in. Im starting to find all this blockchain business a bit melty.

0 |

0 |

Wow at that video.

1 |

The sound effects have me convinced shut up and take my money

0 |

I know its absolutely ridiculous lol However, for the whales those futures markets are incredibly easy to manipulate, the just sell to themselves with a little pre-programmed bot - and they don't even have to sell a huge amount, they just need to do it really really quickly, so you want to drop bitcoin 5% - you set up on bitfinex or another one of the 5 that are aggreagated to create the Bitstamp price - pre-programe your bot to set the sell orders at really weird amounts- like 4 @ 11,156.87 etc and on the other hand you set your other acoount pre loaded to buy only $11,156.87, set up 3/4000 trades to auto complete with API software on both buy and sell walls - flash crash that market in 15/20 minutes, like throughing a rock into the pool, theres a splash and it's triggering stop losses right across all the exchanges.

I just don't know how Wall Street isn't going to absolutly butcher every Futures fund, ETF, Novogaris Canadian investment bank is interesting - he basically bought a bank and stuck $300/400m in BTC & Eth and is going to launch it a different way, an index tracker or something

But I was driving and I was thinking of the summer road trip to Co.Clare. And the Cliffs of Moher. And how for a brief period Moher was a gold town because the Bank of England had decised that it want slabs of slate from the Cliffs of Moher to use as flooring. That was ajob that took guts, right above the atlantic on a pully system chiping fot 10 ton sides of the Cliffs.

I'm sort of a bit down on crypto at the moment and Im juding my motives to be in it. I think it's sooo many of these projects are soo over bought for what on what in no don't is a good idea - but when you muscle into anothers sector and you start effecing lives - As Jemerey Epstien is famsouly quoted as saying, the best technology doesn't always win.

These blockchain's need to start devivering ASAP on the ground and gaining traditional operators acceptance. We don't live in a virtual reality, If I want to launch a blockchain called COW - and it 24/7 mointored all of your beef herds vitals, recommended a change in diet for a better yeild, never let an ovulation pass, every metric going - yeah the farmer might have a new insight into his herd, maybe he recieves a 7/8% high yeild - and because his meat is 100% tracable he 'Should' be able to sell anywhere for additional profit - but navigationg those rules and using COW token? The farmer is not going to buy COW token to run what is essentially another tool on the farm.

So many of these tokens have skyrocketed on the premise that customer aquistion will be a no brainer. and the have newtork effect. But companies like FB, YT, GOOGLE are the biggest companies in the world because they figured out the one thing you have of value that that vast majority value- and that is obv data and meta data.

A blockchain alternative may respect your data, but what's it going to use for cash flow.? That's kind of why Steam is such a facinating platform.

When I got into mining I took at the mid Oct price which was $7500 BTC. At $7500 BTC + all the impots an all I was set for a 180/200 ROI - I didn't see BTC being worth so much - I don't think it is worth 5 figues. The only way Bitcoin can be worth that much is if the USD and Euro or RMB nose dive and or collapse. Then it could be worth a lot more.

The $ is nose diving at the moment - the effects of this in developing nations is brutal. But unless the bottom falls out of consumer or car credit we are some way from finacial freefall

I see a whole new field of employment opening up - selling block chain solutions
And this can be done free-lance, across sectors and across continents.

MM's discription of how the reality of logistic's works and has developed over decades. Blockchain is going to have to start summing up its core competentcies and pointing to active implimentation. The reason I am only investing in Chinese ICO's (primarily) is that when they get implimented its on a huge scale

Im not always pro-crypto everything from now on I'm going to look at a project entirely based of utility and barriers to entry. Certainly an interesting pair of metrics.

0 |

So is it the whales or Wall St using the futures market to manipulate? The futures market is so completely irrelevant still. The current open interest on the Feb CBOE future (front month, most traded) is 3424 lots - thats about $36 million. That is 0.02% of the bitcoin market cap. If anyone can manipulate an asset with 0.02% of the market cap, then there are much bigger issues with that asset

2 |

Not even on the volumes involved but the actual way in which he speculates they are doing it seems overly simplistic... hardly the swindle of the century

0 |

I didnt even try to understand that bit. I gave up at the setting your sell orders and buy orders at the same price - surely you just get filled on both with zero market impact?

1 |

January 26th...day of reckoning

0 |

Haha, think this would be more of a concern today - www.bloomberg.com/news...

0 |

www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp...

0 |