Choose a discussion

CRYPTOCURRENCY

Can we keep all the sensible crypto ans drug chat in here.

Multiple lawsuits incoming from the other deleted thread

2 |

Well since then, the price has gone up by over 7000%. So you can get an idea. Although in that time as I said above, I have taken some out here and there and also invested a bit more here and there. But overall I have taken out more than I have put in (not massive amounts of money out as I've left most in, but enough to be happy about and get some gifts here and there). I've also bought a few products here and there over the years with crypto too. I'm not trying to get rich quick or anything or act like some super investor, I just want to have a finger in the pie if it does amount to something, but if it doesn't, no harm to me.

That's why I don't get the people constantly criticising it. If they are so knowledgeable about it all, then why aren't the taking advantage of it? I'm no expert, but I've done OK. Even recently. I've made profit from it and have a reasonable (as far as I'm concerned) bit left in. It's not vast sums or anything, but it's something and I'm happy just to see where it goes, as even if it tanks, I'll not be out of pocket in any way.

0 |

Fair enough daire, maybe my way of looking at it isn't how someone who does it for their job looks at it. All I know is that no matter what happens, I'll not be out of pocket in any way. I have my day job and this is just something on the side that I've stuck a few bob into (which I would have been able to afford losing), which I then withdrew/got back, plus more. To me, going forward, that's no risk. Maybe not the proper terminology, but in layman's terms.

0 |

Crypto 'investors' always get so defensive when people ask questions of it or point out deficiencies. The 'investors' should be asking them and pointing them out to improve the product and therefore their investment. From my point of view, as i've said before, theres a hell of a lot of value in the tech but no one has been able to justify the valuation of the coins. XRP a prime example - Ripple is great tech but the coin is not needed. Or Kodakcoin, Kodkaone is good use of the blockchain tech but no point in the coin

2 |

but if you had won a few mill in the lotto, would you just fire it into extremely volatile investments because you still have your day job etc and you're not in any financial risk? If you have made a substantial sum through crypto already - that money if yours, you have it. if it was all worth fuck all next week, don't tell me you wouldn't be gutted.

2 |

Takki was born with no money so even if he won the lottery and spunked it all away on Bigotcoin he'd be totally indifferent as he hasn't lost a penny long-term.

1 |

That's why I have left in as much as have, as I have been interested in watching the improvements and new developments over the years which there's been loads of, and I think that there *might* be some sort of a future in this and the more money in the system, the more chance it has to last. And if it does last and go somewhere, maybe I'll do OK from it. Even if it is a bubble and a lot do fail, people still did OK off the Amazons, Googles and eBays. Lots of people lost out, but I consider myself safe from that as I don't see myself as having anything to lose.

If anyone seems defensive, it seems to be the people within the more mainstream/established financial businesses/organisations. They seem to be the ones who are trying their hardest to badmouth/make/hope this fail. Is that defence to something they see as a threat to their control or, pretty much, strangle hold on everything money related, or do they have genuine worries about what could happen, maybe they're worried about the average Joes finances who's buying in to crypto? Call me a cynic, but I seriously doubt the Warren Buffets of this world care much about the small man, they're worried about their own asses, and if they see something as a threat to them, they'll attack it and defend against it with everything they have.

0 |

Good one TJ! lol

1 |

Thanks Takki. Not judging you by the way. At least not for your investment portfolio.

1 |

And how much money went up in smoke and how many people got fucked over in the late 2000's financial crisis? It wasn't cryptos which caused that absolute shitshow lol. It was the banks, 'mainstream' investors, property tycoons, and the governments having to bail them all out... all the things which people constantly use as a measure for how unsafe and risky crypto is was what created the biggest and most world fucking recession ever.

Seems kinda rich, excuse the pun, when the people that caused all that then come out and start bad mouthing crypto.

0 |

By the time this reaches the heights some fans are predicting...the same hands will be all over this as well though surely. Initially it seemed there was a chance in my eyes that it would be a true game changer to our monetary system but as it grows it is more and more apparent they will kill it with regulation or co opt it with greed and big bucks

1 |

"but as it grows it is more and more apparent they will kill it with regulation or co opt it with greed and big bucks"

Why do you say that, RP? Where's the evidence that's where it's going? Genuine interest here as I could see how the mainstream can and will probably use the tech for their own purposes, but I don't see how they'll be able to kill the private startups etc?

0 |

www.cnbc.com/2018/01/1...

0 |

They won't kill block chain. But they can flat out refuse to allow Monero coins to be used in transactions of any kind.

1 |

Just Monero?

0 |

Just an example. Seems to be teh choice de jour of the international drug dealer by all accounts now.

0 |

Where's the evidence that it's becoming more and more apparent they're going to kill the crypto market though? Just wanting to see what you're basing your opinion on. You've mentioned one coin out of hundreds that *could* be seen as being a bit too private for some, but that could also mean it has huge value to others, giving it value.

0 |

huge benefit to others, giving it value in the future.

0 |

I'm not bad mouthing crypto because I'm jealous or have orhodox investments. I'm bad mouthing it because It's fucking nonsense and it absolutely will tank.

If you have £10000+ in it, get out now would be my advice.

0 |

There is no interest in the coins from anyone other than as an investment in a volatile market is there? Sure, some niche adopters of bitcoin but the number of retailers accepting it has gone down this year. The central banks won't touch it and you'll at best have it as a transfer token but won't be accepted for paying taxes. They'll just mint their own in the end. There is value in privacy but that can be separated from currency. Fiat won't be undermined. Can't see any evidence that will prove otherwise yet.

0 |

www.telegraph.co.uk/te...

I doubt follow it but was BTC $900 at the start of 2017? It's already gone to the moon ffs, get out now!

0 |

Think takki stuck the RHI profits into Bitcoin so he's a win win

0 |

So what's all your predictions for one year from now then? lol

0 |

Haha as if it means anything.

Take the top 100 coins. Half of those will have lost 70% by a year from now.

This looks interesting
goo.gl/5DLv5e

0 |

m.huffpost.com/us/entr...

0 |

I have zero idea where any crptocoins will be one year from now as it is impossible to value them, unlike equities or bonds

1 |

I'm pretty sure I remember people where saying the exact same things about it failing etc on the forum back in 2013 when I first got some crypto.

0 |

What would stop every country shutting down all the exchanges and the whole market shitting itself

0 |

They were correct in 2013 and still correct now. If you can’t put a fair value on it, it’s just a gamble. No harm in that though so long as people go in with their eyes open

0 |

Well Takki that was then and this is now.

I hope it's going higher. Doubled up on IOTA and gonna leave it there. As soon as an exchange accepts my KYC I might look at moving it to ETH

0 |

Hang on. You've got crypto? lol

0 |

Still not sure where the actual value is in it all but the money is mental. A lot of people have got stinking rich from it all

0 |

When DB started up it peaked my interest. Always enjoy reading about the ideas and tech behind so thought here is a man who knows what he is talking about. After pm from TJ to avoid I was all in to the tune of £200. My my what a ride it's been.

My brother is in for thousands and I try and keep him up to date as he has no real interest in reading bitcoin forums

0 |

When was it you invested? ETH has been doing well.

0 |

I haven't a scoobie about all this but if I'm reading right if I stick in £0.50 I can expect a return of £5000 this time next week? I was pretty good at A-Level Economics!

2 |

Your scandalous lie has been noted RP. Adding you to my downvote list.

1 |

TJ, do you upvote yourself, so you can see if someone downvoted you. Insecure much?

0 |

That's not the reason munchy. And I can see who downvoted me anyway.

Have downvoted your post by the way.

1 |

i upvoted mm there, just to see if he was downvoted. unlucky one

1 |

Bit OCD

0 |

Is that a new coin?

2 |

*MNUCHIN SAYS FSOC SET UP WORKING GROUP ON CRYPTOCURRENCIES
*MNUCHIN SAYS HE SPOKE TO FED ABOUT CRYPTOCURRENCIES
*MNUCHIN SAYS HE, FED THINK NO NEED FOR DIGITAL DOLLAR

0 |

Daire typed that like a window licker

0 |

I didn't type it, copy paste

So you're thinking about investing in Bitcoin? Don't -
www.theguardian.com/te...

2 |

How I look at it

1 |

Well no offence (you know I don't mean any offence!) But that article was an exercise both semantics and ignorance.

If you want to 'invest' I think the path of least resistance would be a to suck it up and go with a tax free ISA, Danske Bank is currently offering 0.25% Interest under £20,000. I'm not a financial advisor (I have to spell check financial) but I can do counting and with real term inflation around 3.5% It would appear to me that 'investing' £20k in a 'tax free' ISA is about the same as setting fire to £625 a year.

The article linked is so unbelievably short sighted it's laughable If I didn't have to run I'd be looking through the comment section to see people tearing it apart.

Bitcoin functions in 4 main ways - but it's not an investment, at least not in the strictest sense.
In the strictest sense buying a house isn't an investment.

6th largest currency - (people complain about fees and waiting times but that is because the vast, vast, amount of transactions are from exchange to exchange - and like any exchange they take the piss. If you look at the memepool and use a decent wallet like Mycelieum you can transfer any amount you like for a fraction the cost.

Shit really don't have time to go into this have to pick someone up from the airport.

But a new token was released a few days ago and it's the first in a long time to seriously offer something fundamentally different. Partnered with Union Pay, daire will know how big they are! Bigger than funk itself. 10cent, alipay - will rachet up high frequency trading. Finish this of laters

0 |

Crypto is no different to investing in penny shares/ Reg S shares. Yes some people might lose money but others will make a lot. Lot of haters out there atm. As DB said above....getting 0.25% return ....you might as well burn your money

0 |

You taxiing in the Lambo db? Hope there's room for suitcases in the boot for that airport run.

2 |

Index trackers, high interest current accounts, peer to peer lending all pay between. 5 - 7% interest and are far lower risk.

A financial advisor wouldn't be interested in less than 20k anyway. But they also wouldn't tell you to drop it in crypto.

0 |

Allianz Technology Trust has been getting +20% returns for the last few years. Goes up and down but was +40% over 12 months recently. Somewhere you could park some significant savings. Put some in recently as leaving it in the bank has been pointless

0 |

www.allianztechnologyt...

0 |