Choose a discussion

CRYPTOCURRENCY

Can we keep all the sensible crypto ans drug chat in here.

Multiple lawsuits incoming from the other deleted thread

2 |

Is it just me or is it fucking nigh on impossible to actually deposit real money in any of these? My bank has a lovely £15 - £25 fee for transferring via SEPA ffs. You'd think it would be all just deposit from your card or your paypal but oh fucking no....it's more crazy than a fucking crazy thing!

1 |

It is a bit of a nightmare tbh zygote.

1 |

Easy way to get crypto - www.revolut.com/crypto...

0 |

Pessie laddddd

1 |

XRP is totally overvalued in my opinion. It's basically saying we are the new SWIFT converting any fiat currency to another and it appearing as available funds. However there is a very good reason why bans take 3-5 days (sometimes 21 woring days if trying to transfer USD to whatever currency they use in say Madagascar) - They take that length of time and charge the £30+ because - wait for it - it makes the banks a fortune. Banks like making money. The ripple protacol (coin) is just ONE product (albiet by far the largest) of Ripple labs - will SWIFT (Society for Worldwide Interbank Financial Telecommunication) roll onto it's belly and be double tagged by the winklevoss twins? In this pundits opinion - unlikely.

What we have at stake here is the global remittance market estimated by the World Bank to be worth $552bn for the past two years.

And swift - have, to punny can't write it - quickly launched a new protocol - SWIFT have dominated this market since 1973. Most of ripple tokens rise is because it has been added to coinbase and it's cheap - there will be a big correction imo for XRP.

Although, I don't really like saying anything negative about any crypro at the moment - they really are just going nuts. Just rem, that you can't trade or use or do anything with an XRP token - it's a protocol for banks to move money. One thing it has, that is extremely sinister, is just as crypto can be totally private - flick a switch, and suddenly it's totally public. So every thing you buy is recorded.

It is the cherry on top of big data social enginerring via mass surveillance. With google they know what your looking for. with facebook they know what your thinking. with ripple they know what your buying.

Personally I'm not a conspiracy head. I know that the world is run by an elite group of melters who want power over every aspect of your existance - I just don't see how this is any different from Medievial times where the King and co ruled everybody fudelist sytlee.

I don't see myself as that important to have them worry about me so I'm not worrying about them.

I do think people should be able to act without the powers that be knowing 'EVERYTHING' about you. I can see a lot of the alt money coming back into Bitcoin - and damn it would be nice to go through the 20k barrier by Feb.

Oh this is SWIFTS reaction to Ripple - www.coindesk.com/swift...

0 |

* global ******interbank*******remittance market estimated by the World Bank to be worth $552bn for the past two years. The overal remittance market is hella more

0 |

When did Coinbase add XRP m8?

1 |

It hasn't been added to coinbase yet. Besides.
. the cost of bank transactions assuming banks use ripple and xrp together are a fraction of he cost of swift. Yes banks like to make money but they also like to save money too.
R
It's a bit like before the dotcom bubble burst...a lot of companies aren't around any more....yet companies like Google and Amazon are thriving

0 |

Yeah but while there are opportunities in in tech through these ledger technologies, the big ticket win is becoming a bonified currency. And that game is fundamentally different from the dot com boom. The fact the dollar is seen as such a liquid store of value has allowed the US to print their way to extraordinary power over the last 50 years. Amazon or Apple will still be under the boot of the money makers. That is what makes this the most interesting technology development of our time for me.

My money is on the powers that be to co opt the tech though. The wet dreams of the first Crypto adopters seem very juvenile now the big players are coming into the market.

0 |

If ripple is adopted widespread along with the use of xrp...the price will rise significantly.....not to the levels of Bitcoin.
...but I can see a price of $50 within 5 years.

0 |

Making vast amount of money makes people wet though, RP. It's just excitement.

0 |

Well I've managed to deposit some cash, buy some non existent other cash, shift it to a different account and now I've no idea what to do with it.......crazy graphs and red and green numbers have given me a 3D headache!

1 |

Check out some YouTube videos to help explain it all, zygote. Makes sense once you get the basics.

1 |

Me and the bro are considering throwing a few quid together (say 250 to 500 each) to invest into some crypto. What's the easiest way? All this talk of wallets, buying bitcoin first, then exchanging etc seems like a complete melt and a sure fire way of getting stroked.
For example, if we wanted to invest in ripple now and to leave it sitting for the foreseeable, what's the best way of doing that?

0 |

Must go check out YouTube. That revolut link sounds good (I've already got an account).

0 |

Revolut doesn't allow crypto purchase yet unless you are premium user with pay monthly fee or refer some mateys

0 |

Get on board with this crowd sale at the end of the month, chips. Massive hype behind it. Easy wee 5xr. dadi.cloud/r/uny6hg1y8n

0 |

Pessi if ripple goes to $50 - that means that a money transfer protocol - a peice of software from Ripple Corp, will be worth $1,936,957,242,350 - 1.93trillion dollars. That's not a currency, not an asset, not a commodity, not a DAP platform but a protocol for facilitating the exchange of one store or value to another store of value. I am so rarely bareish about crypto but I'll offer you 14/1 max bet £300 that will not happen.

RP has it. It's what ever can emerge out of this as a true, bonafide currency that will change the world. And it's actually crucial that whatever does is TRUELY decentralized. I'm not actually worried because I think that the public and adopters of a new digital currency are not stupid. It's easy to say people are stupid but generally they aren't that daft.

No amount of flashy advertising, marketing or market manipulation could have enough people sleep walk into an 1984 on roids nightmare where they dump 'relatively' anonomous cash money or bitcoin in favor of a privatised ledger system that is centrally developed and maintained such as Hash graph, IOTA, NEM anything like that - that said - see with the boom in Ripple - wait to see NEM's price moon like fuck now - it's almost exactly the same utiliy protocol as ripple and has been frequently refered to as the most 'elegantly designed blockchain' (whatever that means) but it has been adopted by the main Japanese Banks and South korean banks for interbank lending.

The problem with bitcoin becoming the default currency is that it is a victim of it's own success. It charges fractions of itself to transfer itself. I mean it's a beautiful thing - it's completely self contained and utterly decentralised - I mean I - a fucking wingnut - am maintaining and contributing to the indestructability of the currency by mining and vailidating bitcoin transactions. I am running machines that have almost exactly the same function of the fedral reserve - except its COMPLETELY the opposite of the fedral reserve. It's open to anyone, anywhere - maybe not the mining and maintaining - but just by using decentralised crypto you are voting against closed door monetary systems, monetary policy that has been fleshed out decades previous by a tiny room full of people who dictate what your purchasing power is now, tomorrow and forever. And have you noticed that actually the Fedral reserve have rigged the game since forever. Through no fault of your own, no matter how hard you work, your £,$ Euro buys you less every single day since the central banks seized control of the monetary system and Roosevelt in 1931 ORDERED by law! That everyone turn in their gold to the fedral reserve and take this paper money that month after month buys less. But they can't order you to turn in your bitcoin. Because it can exist in 12 words in your head. As long as there is electric and telecoms you can trade.

Bitcoin is getting a lot of flack lately. Mainly because it is so expensive to use. And it's so expensive to use because you have to pay to move bitcoin in bitcoin and bitcoin has gone up from around $1500 7/8 months ago to $15,300. What kind of - anything - could sustain that demand without encountering hiccups - and they are hiccups - It costs more to send bitcoin, but only in terms of bitcoin. And even then you can still take it to an exchange break it down into smaller currencies and pay a fraction of the transaction fees.

It's not as if Bitcoin hasn't tried to impliment soloutions - if the exchanges such as coinbase, bittrex, bitfinex impliment Segwit2x that's an instant halving of of fees and transactions that would reduce them even more as adoption filters through to everyone - If this happens you really want to stock up on Segwit2x coins - Vertcoin, Monacoin - 2 of the top of my head, these are segwit2x coins and are designed to be currency - nothing else.

Raiblocks has a lot of people looking at it and wondering - at least the people I get my info from - how sustainable and trustworthy can an entirely pre-mined coin be? It's centralised. I know a lot of people on here have made, potentially life changing cash from it! And I don't know enough so I won't say anymore

But big Gerry's right, we need a thread dedicated to ICO's because there is soooo much opportunity right now - with 10,000% returns in months - this kind of shit happens once in a lifetime - if that!

0 |

Forget about market cap with xrp...it doesn’t apply in this case. I’ve more than doubled my money in less than a week.Their Q4 announcement is due in two weeks time. I expect the price to rise following this. Then when it is added to coinbase it will rise again as it will be easier for joe public to buy. All this will happen before ripple and xrp is adopted mainstream. They have a very good team behind this concept and they are in it for the long haul. To the moon..........

0 |

Also forgot to add that xrp is a bridging currency. The present system involving swift can take 3 days for international payments to clear. There is also the various exchanges and associated fees. Ripple can do the same transaction in 3 seconds and results in about a 40% saving compared to swift. If institutions decide to use ripple and xrp together the saving is about 60%. The main reason I think it will work is because of the set up of their company and the fact they want to work with the banks. Bitcoin fans will decry that it isn’t decentralised. Let someone be honest....the banks are very rich and powerful...they were never going to sit in the bank ground while cryptocurrencies were doing their own thing wi5 them not included.

0 |

Pessi - does the cost of each Ripple transaction not get more expensive in tandem with the price of Ripple increasing? IE It's value now, but may not be when it significantly increases in value?

For me, Ripple is what I wanted to invest in for the reasons you mentioned Pessi.

I just found it very confusing to get on board. What sites did you use, I would definitely buy a few of them if I could find a clear trusted path to getting some. And hopefully spin the roulette wheel for some other Cryptos.

Any steer?

0 |

There is a finite number of xrp atm. Then there is also the institutional investor side who have stored away large amounts, then there is the wallet restriction of 20xrp incurred on people who use online wallets. So that takes a big chunk out of the available xrp in the market straight away. Much like bitcoin....eventually you will not need to use a whole xrp to complete a transaction...instead using a percentage of it.

How did I buy xrp? I don’t hold that many and bought them off someone i know who had a glut of them with a bank transfer. Looking to buy more later in the month. Gonna eventually get a nano s ledger transfer them to that and come back to it in two years time.

0 |

Reddit have a good discussion atm

0 |

The bear case for XRP - www.forbes.com/sites/k...

0 |

I’m happy to sit tight for a couple of years and see what happens.

0 |

This is a good article from Forbes www.forbes.com/sites/c...

0 |

Fuck ripple. Fuck banks.

0 |

Easier said than done. The banks aren’t going anywhere. Better the devil you know.....

2 |

Did you link the wrong article there pessimist?

0 |

Lot's of reasons to buy VeChain at the moment

0 |

Not a bubble.
www.coindesk.com/dogec...

0 |

Someone on here was tipping doge way back when in the very first Crypto thread.

0 |

The Ripple Effect - ftalphaville.ft.com/20...

1 |

See, this actually answers my original question perfectly about how the price increase of Ripple can keep it competitive with SWIFT. As i was thinking, its Ripples tech that's being used, not the coins so if all banks adopt the Ripple transaction process, the coins are a side show.

@laurashin
“Ripple is highly centralized & XRP is more akin to a PayPal account than a trustless system like bitcoin.... It's hard to come up w any rational reason why XRP exists in the Ripple protocol, other than as a means for Ripple to make money. Lots of money.“ www.coindesk.com/rippl...

3:17 AM - Jan 4, 2018

Ripple's XRP: Giving the Third-Largest Cryptocurrency a Second Look - CoinDesk
Amidst a broader uptick in interest in crypto assets, is XRP worth a look? A long-time bitcoin investor shares his view.

coindesk.com
250 250 Replies 1,196 1,196 Retweets

0 |

Cocksuckerberg is chatting openly about looking into doing with Facebook on and Bitcoin.

0 |

Right, so I've got an 'in' into the crypto market. Good and reliable friend in the states who i trust, is verified using kraken and coinbase...
So, think I'm gonna take the plunge into ripple though want to do some more research over the next 24 hrs....

0 |

Keep us updated

0 |

Loads of newbies going in with Ripple. I hope they don't get rooted.

0 |

Listen to the wolf of donegal street here.

1 |

Nearly bought Ripple, glad I didn't as I know understand how the banks use it (ie they don't!). May spin the roulette wheel though and try and make a few quid of some of the other ones.

0 |

Just mean there seems to be a lot of people who have done little reading/research about cryptos/the tech/the exchanges/the risks and they're going in to Ripple like its been sold to them as a sure thing. People who barely know how to use Facebook. Not saying anyone here is like that, just from other people I've been speaking to.

0 |

No idea about storing offline/personal wallets, leaving large sums sitting in exchanges, etc.

0 |

I don't think a knowledge of Facebook is a requirement to invest in these things tbf.

2 |

Fair enough TJ. Thanks for the input.

0 |

Don't think we are going with ripple having done done further reading. The storage/wallets etc will be handled by my mate. He's got a considerable amount sitting in the at the moment...

0 |

If you had invested blindly in every ICO in the past 12 months, scams and all you would have got 1000% plus returns. Good luck

1 |

shoulda bought those Doge coins when i had the chance

0 |

www.slate.com/blogs/fu...

0 |

coinmarketcap.com/curr...

0 |

much profits

0 |