Choose a discussion

CRYPTOCURRENCY

Can we keep all the sensible crypto ans drug chat in here.

Multiple lawsuits incoming from the other deleted thread

2 |

I'm not lookin anything, if people want to do something AFTER they have made a boat load, that's their call, besides I'm cool taken care of business, just be nice christmasy thing to do to sort out those who have been watching this whole thing with a stake (well cheese burger) PM'd you the new direction - is it new or is it new...? :)

0 |

An I did promise to help out Pavlov an RJ but so far havn't folowed through

0 |

Aye we should get a board crypto whatsapp going. If anyone is interested pm me your numbers, or if there's already a board group sendiz an invite.

0 |

dairebhoy • 1 day, 7 hours ago

That's no different to standard currencies Gerry. I have a GBP, EUR, USD, SGD and JPY account. I can transfer between them instantly with no transaction fees (unlike your cryptos). All those currencies have a realised volatility of ~7% unlike your cryptos which are around 100%. I also earn interest by holding deposits in any of those currencies which cryptos do not pay.

How do you go about that, dairebhoy? Would've saved me a load of money over the years. I use currency fair for international transfers but it's slow and there's a small fee.

0 |

One of the most popular exchanges for trading digital currencies is investigating its staff and contractors over a sudden surge in prices, its chief executive said on Wednesday.

Brian Armstrong, the co-founder and chief of Coinbase, wrote in a blog post that the company will be conducting an investigation after the price of “bitcoin cash” – a cryptocurrency created using the same technology behind the more popular bitcoin – surged shortly before the exchange announced bitcoin cash would be added to its platform.

The price of a unit of bitcoin cash rose as much as 33 per cent on Tuesday"

Would be interested in that DB. Nice gesture indeed. Will pm for WhatsApp

I have been using my brother's wallet for that IOTA purchase which is worth over double at the minute and him the same - after I sent him some of your links. He's moved into buying up cloud mining hash rates now which seems to be steady after a month and his initial fear it was scam city. But he seems hooked. Even had my Dad of 65 interested in a punt but I told him to give that a rest. No need.

Would be interesting to see how that swiss experiment in paying taxes via Crypto goes. I'm not sceptical about the ability for Bitcoin to be a currency per say when focused on the potential of it... I just can't see it being co- opted by States to give it the official rubber stamp. One reason among a few being that it implies that they will also to continue to circulate the limited supply of coin via welfare, capital expenditures or paying for services. Is the Swiss Town doing that as well? Otherwise you are destroying bitcoin. If you dig into the monetary mechanisms needed to facilitate Bitcoin in such a way you can quickly see it means large scale international regulation, central banks, IMF involvement etc. That'll take years if ever they decided it was the way to go. Hardly the decentralised anti fiat dream of Satoshi and his buds.

How many times do you see that where disrupters who claim a new way eventually become part of the very system they claimed to confront? Capitalism's and in many ways the current neo liberal economic system's great strength has been it's ability to adapt to such challenges and keep rolling on. Despite the sheer madness and injustice it displays (as you point to in.articles about DOW bubbles etc.).

It's a bubble for sure at the minute but the hodl strategy you guys keep talking about still seems sensible to me. So when you get your bonus this year from your 9-5. Put 5% in Crypto and forget about it sounds like a good minimum for me.

0 |

0 |

motherboard.vice.com/e...

1 |

Seems we were both wrong DB. The crunch came earlier than I expected...was thinking they would till after Crimbo...the heartless bastards

Six figure bitcoin

1 |

Hang on guys - pull back 2 freaky seconds - the 7/12/12 - 2 weeks ago - BTC shot from $11,693 to $17,435 in 24hrs - it's at $13,718 now. I will panic, well, get uncomfortable when it drops below $5000 - because that's the price I locked in with the hardware purchace in October. I was to quick to trade into my last trade - I'm too up close and personal

I didn't fully take into account that yesterday - 2 - ont one but TWO major exchanges got hacked bankrupting one and the other is still down so people don't know exactly how much it was hit for (fuckn North Korean bastids - well that's the narrative, couldn't imagine a CIA black op team looting $70mill of crypto in 2hrs just because the fucking could - not in the land of the free...

Marry that with THE number one App for months now - Coinbase slapped all over the news with what does seem like pretty fucking blatant insider trading for $30/40mill when you look at the charts AND that they have slapped a 10 day wait on SEPA bank transfers over £1k! I am amazed - astonished that BTC is still as big a dog as it is at $13,700 - if this hasn't been a stress test for public sentiment in BTC I have no idea what could be.

One exchange hack, Mt Gox, seen BTC slump to a static low for a year or so. Plus all this price movement is A OK for me as a miner - 22/23BTC blocks - 90% intrest for maintaining the market right now!

I made a list as to why I need to keep my shit together and smile like a motherfucker (because admittedly at stages last night I was panicing like a litte girl)

1, Youbit hacked and bankrupted for over $50 million
2, Etherdelta hacked for an undisclosed amount, stil down
3, Coinbase are accused of money laundering
4, there has been a run on coinbase and they have slapped a 1o day won 100e wire tansfers
5, this new **********
6, the BTC usser experience is horribe these days - waits, fees
7l on the 7/12/17 Bitcoin jumped from $11,806 to $17.849 - It the ran its up to just under $21,000 over the course if the month. Only begin to look at this if BTC drops beow that massive bull position at $11,800
8, This is the most obvious correction in the world, it's wel over due this (and then some)
9 All I have to do is mine 110 days @ $5000 to ROI - I have mined 11 days at $16k and up but say $16k - thats 34/35 days of mininat $5k - Say - thats 76 days to mine at $5000 before the machine pay for themselves. - $5k is my number number. That's what price I paid to start mining - that's the price I had called the coins market value at.

So 9 reasons to remain as cool. Miners gona mine. I'm going to stop trading now, although keep the positions I have/ But stop trading and keep pulling a daily profit out the door.

0 |

lol RP just dying to see this fail/people lose their money

Seems like there's a bit of a recovery on now anyway.

0 |

Takki, RP - I heard this quote the other day actually by the CEO of VISA 'data (information) is the oil of the 21st Century. Do you agree with that? I don't know - it's a pretty bold statement to make!

I am though really glad nobody took the 3/1 or 9/4 on a sub $500B market cap. I think I lost the run of myself there - need to keep it easy.

0 |

Crypto investors - it's great as its free from the banks and governments

Also crypto investors - Goldman is setting up a crypto desk and Switzerland accepting as tax payment, we're mainstream now woohoo

1 |

Fiat invetors - it's great as its free from the banks and governments

Fiat investors - Goldman is setting up a crypto desk and Switzerland accepting as tax payment, we're mainstream now

Crypto investors - better get a peice quick because once all those coins are minted there isn't going to be anymore

Fiat investors - This is awesome, we can place massive bets on total moon shots and if it comes in we make massive cash, if not meh, fire up the presses lads, it's cool, Joe Meatball and Sally Housecoat and Eddie Punch-clock have this one, were FAR to big to fail Muhahahahaha

0 |

Daire your likey busy, but as you'd have close access to the correct numbers, if you get the chance - hypotheticaly speaking, if 5% of all transactions in the world were done using some form of crypto - how much would that be?

0 |

www.worldpaymentsrepor... - there you go DB

0 |

Ahh I'm thinking of something else, thanks tho - it's hard to size up what % of the coin market cap is actual derived from projects designed to be both non cash and cash remittances - but I with the market cap of the projects I can think of of the top of my head maybe 8% of the market cap is designed to actually be cash and non-cash transactions around $40B in crypto - the rest would be (short hand) projects, protocos and premium bands. It's 100% cear now - with 100% interest being pumped into the bocks - now miners are cracking 25+ BTC blocks.. Bitcoin core have dug it's heels in and said, no we are not a payment system or even to be used as payment. Bitcoin is 2.0 - and if you wanted to shift your gold that quick anywhere in the world at that speed, you woud be lucky if the plane ticket, security, the loss on both ends as you take it out of storage and put it back in storage - at the speed BTC can still move at you coud find yorself paying 80/90% on top of the value of the gold your transfering (I don't know if I'm trying to shoe horn a theory into reason why they are throwing SO much money at the miners - to be throw that many fees into the blocks seems unsustainable.

But hey if you want in or out of any ICO pretty much Bitcoin (esser degree etheriun and liyeis the only door n and out of this world - it has to be used... Back up to $14536 - dead cat bounce, or the bulls are back in town?

0 |

If it trades on technicals, it should still fill the gap to ~8200

0 |

I'm looking at the charts here and other the 6 months I'm looking at elliott waves. forming faster and faster then parabolic breakout with 20/30% retracement then the cycle continues - it seems incredibly simplistic (as you'd imagine such an immature market to be) but is that a fesisable description of what I'm reading?

0 |

bs.twimg.com/media/DRp...

0 |

Has to be worrying looking at that chart that the bank backed crypto starting to outperform the other 'majors'. LTC underperforming the pack there too

0 |

RIPPLE was free money

0 |

Hardly surprising that a crypto with more mainstream institutional support is getting a lot of interest tbf. People will obviously see that as adding a bit of credence to something which might otherwise be seen as quite risky.

1 |

It's a bloodbath out there... $11,800 is a key resistance point of BTC (although it does seem to make it own rules up as it goes along) but if it drops below $11,800. ouch.

0 |

Although fk there are some fantastic entry points showing up - Monero down 37.6%! There is going to be a bounce back but looking on the monthly $11,800 is a key point of resistance if that goes, sit tight till confidence returns -

0 |

Why's $11,800 a key resistance point?

0 |

You can see in chart analysis there are support levels as a price bounces along between a boundary. Then break outs as it goes higher. Some analysis will let you know just when that seems likely to occur for example when it tests the boundary a couple of times. But the caveat here is that it's cryotocurrency markets and technical analysis is next to pointless when it's so volatile and bubblelicious.

0 |

Yes NEO - buy NEO, there are going to be some good bargains - 5th 30% drop in 2017. I priced in my mining rig at $5k - so BTC below $5k thats when I get watery eyes. If you havn't bought - be very very careful at the moment, buy fuck all until know more about the $11,800

0 |

0 |

So if you think about when a price breaks out you'll assume big money will have come in to facilitate it. On the way down you are looking for that money to go and the price to continue on dropping. Support means that big money is hodl

0 |

"Takki, RP - I heard this quote the other day actually by the CEO of VISA 'data (information) is the oil of the 21st Century. Do you agree with that? "

Absolutely...one example I went to a seminar run by Microsofts financial services boys and a couple of their banking clients. All they talked about was Blockchain, AI, Cloud and APIs, and the infrastructure needed to support it. To the extent that one of the banks wants to become known not as a blood sucking financial leech but a 'lifestyle facilitator' I shit you not. I laughed at that one.

But yeah it's all about data, personalisation of services and open platforms for third parties to link into their data markets and innovate.

0 |

0 |

I am not looking for folk to loose their money by the way. I just want them to reign it in. And also I am dying to see where RJs price point is now this is dropping fast.

0 |

Chart Analysis and how banks walk prices up and down to their own tune

0 |

As a miner I'm just about as insulated as you can get while still in the market, because as the BTC moves I get the fees so from a $16.5k I get a £36 a day on the S9 with the $12.8k thanks to transaction fees I'm still getting £29 a day

0 |

Markets gona market, miners gona mine - Time to chill and read www.amazon.co.uk/BITCO...

0 |

$11,800 gone! wow

0 |

HAS EVERYBODY GOT THEIR BREATH BACK?!

0 |

'Man who picks bottom, has smelly finger'

2 |

0 |

HODLOL

0 |

0 |

www.gdax.com/trade/BTC... - the further the 'monkey cimbs the tree the more it bares it's arse' this could be a typical flushing of strong hands to the weak - Asian markets propping up BTC, Americans hammering the shit out of it. This is likely the hedge funds insider trading to give the chinese a beat down - vast majority of futures were bought by bitmain and antpool. Bitmain and antpool will kick back HARD 9am Bejing time

0 |

The selling all started in Asia DB. Was offered down from 16k in Asia open to 12.5k when Europe got in to support it for a while. Asian liquidation the main driver

0 |

Already being refered to as Black Friday lol - will it beat the percentage retractment of when BTC was $5000, China banned ICO's and it lost 37.5% - down to $3250 - Bounced straight back up though!

0 |

Well I'm looking at the volume on coinbase and the volume is coming from the West, it's the Korean's holding up the average - but fuck - yesterday was the 2nd worst run of incidents in BTC's history TWO exchanges hacked Big one in the East and Big one in the West - we don't know how much was lost on etherdelta.io - Insider trading all over the news - Coinbase saying 10 days SPEA transfers over 1000e - All in the game yo, $18k bitcoin is insane - its not worth that.

0 |

But has it run it's corse in the media circus - will there be fresh cash coming in? Unikely. The evil Winklevoss twin has killed the other - how transpranent are the futures contracts - Is it possibe to see who's gone short and what's the margin now??

0 |

Feb and March spreads still at $15,500 and $12,500? Da fk??

0 |

If it unravels thether and bitfinex can't account for a $30billion requested.... a 5 figure bitcoin might be a year away... that's worst case - shit if it ends up at $6000, I've made $7/8,000 trading and 20% on my priciple - wont be retiring but that's a damn good year.

0 |

That'll be last traded price rather than live bid/offer DB. Fuck all liquidity on the front contract never mind the deferred. 600 lots of G8 and 185 lots of H8 total volume

0 |

I don't understand those terms Dhaire - whats the G8 and H8?

0 |