Choose a discussion

Why did the Ancient texts say God rested on the seventh day, a Sunday, the Sabbath, then? Anyone know?

0 |

You'd wonder why the almighty needed a day off being so powerful. I mean does he tire, does he sleep??

Sounds like some chancer made it up

1 |

Nobody said Sunday

0 |

My mate Jordan has this idea whereby the sixth day was considered the maximum a human being could be productive without becoming so weak they would prove counterproductive to the community. By enshrining into Biblical law that even God rested on the seventh, human beings would follow suit so the next six days would be beneficial to society again. It's such a great idea and makes a lot of sense to me.

0 |

if a day is the length of time the earth takes to orbit the sun, and god created the sun on the fourth day, how could days 1-4 even be days?

1 |

That's actually a year that you describe. But I see your point.

2 |

That was just a test. Well done s2. You passed.

0 |

Pity they didn't employ that ethos to slaves they had. Cunts

0 |

On which day did god create childhood leukemia?

0 |

God is a fictional character. He didn't make the World in 3 days either, sorry, Bart, only 364 days out there ffs. Why are you taking it literally?

We're talking about the people who wrote these fables 20,000 years ago. Putting in a day for ME(you), to have 1 in 7 days off.

Who said anything about them being factual? They're better than that. They're just True.

0 |

Wow. Are you taking the thing literally? Lol

0 |

Think you need to introduce some quality control in your posts m8, it's been poor stuff lately.

2 |

Bring back Mr Ben in the Nazi uniform. That episode was far better

1 |

all the shops were shut on a sunday back then, he propbably had a roast dinner witha few pints and chilled (obvs without netflix)

1 |

Mr bean & crypto currency....

0 |

Omg. I never knew you Atheists actually thinked anyone took the Biblical stories serious, except some dumb Protestant sects.

0 |

literally, I mean. Not serious.
Cos they're Deadly Serious Ways To Structure Your Life.

0 |

We know nobody takes them, or anything in the bible, or the religion, seriously.

0 |

Omg. I never knew you actually thought it was to be taken literally. Lol. Omg. No wonder you've no time for it. No wonder you're lost.

0 |

omg

0 |

It's not literal, it's not serious....what is it?

0 |

It's True.

0 |

Like archetypal films/games we all love.

0 |

1 |

Deacon Blue knew

0 |

Spandeu Ballet knew*
Haha

0 |

Sober up, it's the Sabbath, have some fucking respect.

1 |

Ever think of sectioning yourself SS? I think you need some serious help. Maybe you and Doombadger could bunk up.

1 |

ok, girls.

0 |