Choose a discussion

Way of the Future (WOTF) Religion

This is very interesting. Could be the religion for me: mashable.com/2017/11/1...

0 |

It will figure out that humans are idiots and only slighly tweak the Bible to keep us under control.

0 |

Anyone ever heard of the Brethren Church in Northern Ireland? Guy at work telling me about them, mad bunch

0 |

No. What do they get up to?

0 |

I have a brethren hall at the top of my street. They are indeed a strange bunch of people.

0 |

eplymouthbrethren.org.uk

0 |

used to work with a cunt that was a member of the chrisitian science or somit.. fuck me how i laughed when he told me, dopey cunts believe in the healing powers of prayer and christ, needless to say i asked him was there a high mortality rate amongst the dopey fuckers.. he wasnt amused

0 |

Op, post-modern Trash.

0 |

postmodern*

0 |

He said these boyos have no interest in the outside world mostly. No TV, newspapers. He worked for a well know engineering firm run by members of the Brethren. As he sat at his desk one of them told him on one occasion "you know we pray for you". The reason? He was living with a woman, not married.

He also said his boss had a full nervous breakdown fearing the end times. A successful business man.

It's a closed shop though. He couldn't get on in the company as he wasn't "one of them".

0 |

Bonkers.

0 |

They congregate on Sat nights. Their women with ankle length skirts and head scarves. Their kids head scarves. The men in their best suits. They don't talk much to anyone outside the cult. Cant be that Christian. They stole our salt from the salt box at the top of the road. No TV, music, radio etc. Feel sorry for the kids tbh.

0 |

@AndyW - do you think a wee re-evaluation is on the cards for the brethren?

3 |

Used to go to school with a few Brethren. They didnt have TVs in the house and the girls wore long skirts down to their ankles. Were all weird cunts though.

0 |

nuts to think that all those cunts are just drifting through life according to a bunch of made up rules that mean jack shit and will get you jack shit when they could be living life... wankers

0 |

Surely we could say the same about the law though.

0 |

Laws are there to protect society, religion is there to divide society

0 |

Laws were pretty much derived from religion though.

0 |

back when we where all fuckwits and didnt know better but thankfully we've moved on somewhat

0 |

lol.

0 |