Choose a discussion

Thought I'd start a thread to fill with shite about kids or stuff to do and also basically to see how long it takes to derail like fuck

Anyways Whitehead are doing a Victorian Xmas Street fair on at the mo, with reindeer making a showing today from 1-3pm for those in the local vicinity, usual santa and boutique shite to amuse the kids & missus for a few hours... Also bound to be a decent bar to pop into for a Guinness, will report back later on how shite it is...

Those that don't know the Xmas shap at Hillside garden center is worth a punt with the kids for killing 30mins and buying some Xmas tat

0 |

Hopefully it works out Andy. Took ages for us to get pregnant on both occasions.
We also had issues with cow's milk and dairy. Mad how many people talk about cow milk problems

0 |

Good luck Andy. I'm highly fertile, happy to spare you a cupful of the good stuff if you like.

2 |

We had loads of problems with milk and reflux upinarms with my first. First few years was hectic with choking and being sick. My nerves were on edge every night. After it passed it was like the sun come from behind the clouds and I could relax and start enjoying it

1 |

Probably shouldn't talk about this on a public forum but anyway, our first was a traumatic birth. 16 hrs of labour and then out the sunroof. Lost 3 pints of blood also. We've had a miscarriage also. Can see why people are reticent on this type of thing. Tough times.

2 |

I know more complicated births from friends than easy ones. One good mate went through years of ivf, was ready to give up then she got pregnant. Was tough number of years and obviously stuff I'm not going to mention as it's not my place but best thing ever for them when it eventually happened.

Good luck Andy

2 |

Jesus Andy thon first wee nipper was a battle thankfully both mum and baby came through it, sooo glad my two where realitively painless, wee lad came 4wks early out of the blue through the sunroof and the wee girl her birth was like going to pick up something up at the shop it couldnt have went any smoother , fuck I remember posting on here outside the delivery room waiting for the nurse to call me in lol best o luck on the second one, but aye youse left it a bit late, yer missus sounds a trooper for trying for a kid at 40, a newborn now would probably kill us two but thankfully it ain't happening cause of the aul snip, her eggs and my sperm where compatible as fuck like old mates any time they came into contact shit happened

2 |

Aye our first was mad. Baby and mammy both contracted sepsis in hospital after her water broke. Had an emergency caesarean then. He was early too, in an incubator for a few days. Mad aul time. Hopefully goes a bit smoother this time round.

0 |

That IVF sounds trumatic, have a friend currently going through it, no joy so far but they're out thousands already and it's killing the two of them, terrible to think about all those people going through IVF desperate for a baby to love and you get slegs poppin them out for welfare cheques and caring more for their fegs than the poor mites

2 |

Know loads who had or have trouble conceiving. Doesnt the doctor tell you to try for a year before looking at other options.

As fpr the formula and cows milk. Its not for us. Breast and almond / coconut was our preferred path. The breast milk is hard to beat but attachment parenting can be tough too.

0 |

Breast milk tea is hard to top by the way. Neros need to get on that shit before Starbucks do

1 |

her eggs and my sperm where compatible as fuck like old mates any time they came into contact shit happened

Haha. A true love story for the ages that one

1 |

Yeah sepsis in her wound as well afterwards. Remember a scream from upstairs one night and the missus was in the bathroom. A buildup of blood had opened in her wound and just ran down her legs. She thought she was dying. It's scary shit.

I think if we have another miscarriage that will be it for us. Too traumatic.

0 |

Shit, poor girl. Sounds awful.

0 |

:( Andy

We went breast with second one and so much easier. She tried with first and didn't take so she freaked and went to formula as was first and just wanted her to eat. Second time you feel more confident so she stuck with it. On formula now but moving to cow's milk hopefully soon

0 |

Its not easy like. Took the wee man 6 weeks to properly latch. Was tough going like. She pumped for that first month and a half and then we bottle fed him every few hours round the clock. I didnt know what sleep was. Absolute nightmare like. Was a hard aul slog to get him to feed like. She was determined to breastfeed though. Now he cant get enough of it.

1 |

The missus tried breastfeeding Aodhan but she was in such poor health herself she had to give up. He was a grub destroyer. Was 10lb 4.5oz when he was born. Couldn't fill him lol

0 |

Shit. Hes bigger than I am now. My man was born 5 weeks early. Only 4lb 15ozs.

The nurse made me watch him come out. Always remember that Robbie Williams quote that its like watching your favourite pub burn down. Haha

2 |

That's the only good thing about out the sunroof. Everything remains relatively intact.

2 |

So much blood, I'm shit with blood but just went into autopilot. No sleep and food in over 24 hrs didn't help

0 |

Keep the chin up Andy and don't give up. We were trying for years and nothing, had first miscarriage 2 years ago at 13 weeks after 5 years of trying. Second miscarriage at start of 2017. Was toughest thing I've ever went through, probably took me longer to deal with it then her tbh. I'd given up hope of ever having kids... Were at the consultant who said everything was fine, just having no luck. She's pregnant at the minute, 23 weeks and doing good, all things being well bambino in march...

8 |

The mental trauma of miscarriage is something I don't want to repeat. Bad enough for me but for my wife is truly something I'd not wish on my worst enemy. We'd got to 11 weeks just as you start telling people. Grim

0 |

Down seeing my mate who is up the spout last night, some jebs on her hai

3 |

Another mental trauma lemac lol. I'm a bap man and as you say the baps during pregnancy are a thing to behold. They're usually that sensitive it's all looking and no touching

0 |

Hopefully all goes well chips mate.

0 |

Bloody hell chips, best o luck

0 |

Mine are at a great stage at the mo, sitting here on the couch playing coop games on the PS4, teaching them how to play bubble bobble...

Took years of heartache to get to this point

2 |

G THEM B.

0 |

That's illegal

0 |

isn't this a lovely thread? , wouldn't it be great if it was like this all the time?

2 |

Perhaps Matthew shoukd consider rebranding the board as a sort of Mumsnet for the ageing NI father community.

2 |

*should*

1 |

up the ra

0 |

Good luck lads. First one wee girl ended up in neonatal swallowed fluid on the way out, thought she wasn't gona make it but she was fine after a week. Scariest time of my life when they were working on her trying to get her to breathe , but she is sweet now nearly 7 wee bitta asmha but under control, wee lad popped out in couple hours no issues.

0 |

i've been hooked tae the balls on salbutamol all me life, still subbed on for 45 mins against a vietnamese team today, pure onslaught of wee fit fuckers, and I'm 40, yoooooooeeooooo!

1 |

Ah Andy don't say that! 40 isn't too late ffs!!! I've had similar issues but I just keep positive about it all as otherwise it would wreck your head! Keep at it ;)

2 |

mad money yo
www.msn.com/en-gb/news...

my daughter watches this, its nuts. zero production needed too. you can put the vids together on your iphone

0 |

its insane some of the youtube stuff my kids love and the views they're getting, FGTEEVEE is a big favourite and those guys must be making an absolute mint, wee girl loves CookieswirlC and thats just some chick with a deeply annoying american accent playing with shit

0 |

Scat films are big business tbf RJ

1 |

there are loads of similar ones, but 80% of them seem to be Russian/Eastern European kids, I assume they were first onto the trend of just posting videos of your kids playing games

0 |

Glad my daughter doesn't watch cookieswirl c anymore. It was so annoying.

1 |

they're also both heavily into DanTCM or somit, who just plays minecraft

0 |

My young fella watches a lot of "Just for fun 290". Really aggravating Americans playing with toys. Melting accents.

0 |