Choose a discussion

Bleck Friday

Anyone spot any good bargains?

0 |

im holding off until White Saturday

2 |

Be tempted to get a Switch if theres a good deal

0 |

I hadn't intended to shop then went out for my lunch and spent nearly €700 whoops

When is White Saturday? And Cyber Monday?

1 |

Thon switch seems shite. Shaking the complete ballicks out of a controller is not appealing to me in the slightest. Pure shite

0 |

I think motion control is a really minor part of what the Switch is about though. It's more about the exclusive Nintendo games like Mario Odyssey and Zelda Breath of the Wild, and you just play those with a normal controller.

0 |

I've spent £2 on vst synths. Saving £180

1 |

Lynx?

0 |

What synths Muzka?

0 |

Plugin boutique have £1 deals

Hybrid 3

0 |

www.pluginboutique.com...

0 |

Any good Ableton deals around anywhere actually? Aside from the 20% off on their own store.

0 |

No Matthew. I looked last night and there seems to be FA. Ableton seem to be pretty tight with sales and discounts, etc. I bought the Suite last night for the 20% off price. Free upgrade to 10 when it's released, too. Some nice new features in 10.

0 |

Cheers Muzka

0 |

Wish they had a subscription plan, like Adobe, I'd actually consider it then.

0 |

I'm looking a TV to go with a 9 years olds Switch for his bedroom, and an iPhone if yous see any deals.

0 |

I'm getting family to donate towards the cost instead of getting Xmas presents, as there's nothing I really want/need anyway, so that helped towards the cost.

It is a big outlay to buy, but I guess you get a good load of years use out of it, so over that length of time, its not bad value.

That's what I'm telling myself anyway.

0 |

It's worth the money though it is a lot. I just use the intro version which has 16 channels then I run maschine in it also

0 |

I had a fair aul debate with myself about the pros and cons of the various versions, but I wanted Max for Live and then all the sounds that come with the Suite will no doubt come in handy here and there. Looking forward to getting balls deep into it with the Jam and NI stuff over winter.

0 |

Was going to get max but opted for reaktor. It's excellent

0 |

Yeah, I like the look of a couple of the NI beasts. I think I might grab a NI Kontrol S49 Nk2 and Komplete at some point to get them. Will probably buy with Litecoins at some point.

What do you think of the Kontrol S49? I really like how it integrates with all NIs stuff. Are there any other keyboards that might be worth considering?

1 |

Only realised I had a Live Lite 4 licence associated with my Ableton account after I'd bought Live 9 Suite full version. Emailed them and they've refunded me a few bob as I could have got the Suite upgrade price. Bonus.

0 |

I have no idea what anything on this thread is about and ok with that

2 |

lol

What did you spend €700 noops on Duffy?

0 |

Kontrol is really good but I'm rarely using it because I set up my studio and I'm mostly making stuff on just my laptop in work on breaks

0 |

Amazon have the new Gran Turismo for 18 quid

0 |

Bought it for the nephew bday during the week there, £51, ha.

0 |

That's 6 pints = that's meh.
Glad I got the 51 version

0 |

I have push also takki. It's some bit of kit for ableton but again it's in my studio set up which I'm just not getting a lot of use at the moment.

0 |

5 x Adidas/Nike trainers bought. That'll do for another year or two.

Didn't see that much else of interest.

1 |

How did you lose your leg Ron?

3 |

South Park: The Fractured But Whole (PS4) - £28

www.amazon.co.uk/South...

0 |

Microsoft Surface Pro - £599.00

www.microsoft.com/en-g...

0 |

Got a 4k UDR (No, that doesn't sound right) UHD 55inch LG for £540 Argos, I know there used to be some wild TV snobs round this joint. Reckon it was a good buy?

0 |

Got a 42" one of those for £350 with 10% cashback from one of them thar sites that give you free dough for spending your pounds

0 |

WAY WAY better than back Friday is the 11/11 in China (Aliexpress, Gearbest, Banggood) Some of the deals I got were crazy good - I always spread my bets when buying from ones I've no history with in China - but I maxed out the heap. Enough stock to keep me going thro 2018. Picked up 2 of these www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HD-... - huh, maybe didn't get such an amazing deal. Ahh but on closer inspection states 1-5weeks shipping.

From exp this means 5 weeks if lucky. I have 2 in hand. Dual HDMI inputs for vision mixing, digitalizes everything (cept Betamax, although theres likely a lead for that).

3.5mm AUX jack so you can record over your content. 'A media editor included', imo ditch an prirate up some Sony Vegas - someone was asking me about old Music video vhs (I have access to 40,60,000 vhs - plus more recently an expensive 22kg tape cleaner imported from a library in the US, it's actually incredible how well it restores VHS - what would have taken all of 90min with cotton buds, acetone and extraordinary patience now takes, 2/3mins and does a better job).

Person should get back in touch - I think I was rather fucked at that time. There is such an era defining quality to VHS. And when they are in like new condition they are every bit as good as 720p.

0 |

Lamborghini playboy to car boot VHS salesman in a matter of weeks. Impressive.

4 |

I knew going smaller was the right play RP, but I'm an inch whore. It arrived at the folks yesterday I havn't seen it yet. A rather unusually I chose it mainly because I'm really pleased with my LG G4 phone and understand that they can 'do' stuff together.

0 |

I could buy and sell you bottom feeder. Don't forget that.

1 |

haha, yes Doom.
What does 11/11 mean tho in Chinese calandar I wonder.

0 |

I dunno, I guess it's just lucky or something?! Massive sale day though, makes black friday look pretty weak in comparison.

Also - I never said I was selling VHS - just I had access to loads, you know, like your Mother TJ. And the kind of access I have there

0 |

Is the LG good RP?

0 |

What you at these days Nathan? Still on the dole?

1 |

What an unbeliveably crass and impertinant question. This board never ceases to disappoint. I spend 20/30hours giving incredibly detailed analysis of the cryptocurrency market space - 2 weeks before the entire market experiences a 350% growth. I tip up one currency at $0.42 that rises to $1.52. I tip another at $0.002c before it goes $0.027c - right here on this board, time and date stamped.

How on earth you percieve yourself entitled to ask that question of any person - let alone a person who has injected so much wealth into this board astounds me.

0 |

You still on the dole Shane?

0 |

VHS? fucksakes m8...

1 |

0 |

i-d.vice.com/en_uk/art...

0 |

0 |

No I'm selling VHS down castle Street.

1 |

0 |