Choose a discussion

Paradice Papers

some craic

0 |

No sympathy for them, they shouldnt've rolled the dise in the first place

3 |

The people up to it are one thing, your work colleague who sits and defends it because "sure its not illegal" can get in the sea. 80% of the trillions offshore are owned by the top 0.5% and here we have Marty from Creggah defending their right to ride him from all sides.

1 |

Amazing the mindset of some people RP, can't see the bigger picture, treasury needs more tax from the plebs because Lewis Hamilton and Mrs Brown's boys think they pay too much. Greedy cants.

0 |

Any other big names

0 |

Everton FC

0 |

Actually not really a big name soz

1 |

Apple secretly moved parts of empire to Jersey after row over tax affairs

www.theguardian.com/ne...

Apple Inc.

0 |

Why dont they just change the law though? I think we'd all do it if we were rich

0 |

This certainly plays it's part
www.google.co.uk/amp/w...

www.independent.co.uk/...

www.thebureauinvestiga...

www.theguardian.com/po...

It's not just about the tax evasion really. It's about clientelism in politics and tax evasion is the end result

0 |

Taxation is all a game. Whoever ends up paying in the end is the loser. (i.e. us working class eejits)

0 |

Bono scooped, wanker

1 |

Taxation is a game. And it's competitive. Different regions of the world in a race to the bottom to help move the chess pieces on the board.

0 |

en.m.wikipedia.org/wik...

0 |

Celtic www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-...

0 |

Mrs Brown's Boys at too. almost like a double attack on civilised society
www.independent.co.uk/...

0 |

Celtic? Lol Welcome to Paradise

0 |

Today I learnt that the actors in mrs brown boys get paid WAY too much.

1 |

They haven't done anything wrong. I'm sure we would all take advantage of a system like this if we were in a position too. The government need to sort their shit out and close the loopholes.

0 |

Nah Shane, they did do something wrong, they're ripping off the society that pays them a good living.

And I don't believe we would all take advantage if we could. We're not Greece.

1 |

Tax payers pay there wage and They then rip them off.

Nothing to see there at all

0 |

wished i earned enough to use offshore accounts and dodge taxes

1 |

Same as that. Think everyone would do it.

0 |

RP.com • 12 hours, 57 minutes ago
Celtic www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-...

Nothing to do with Celtic

0 |

Of course we would take advantage. Who wouldn't if provided an opportunity to save money. Only an idiot wouldn't. Especially considering our system of taxation is ridiculous.

2 |

Aye, blame the system. Mrs Brown's boys get their pay sent to Mauritius and loan the money back to themselves, because PAYE is wild complicated.

0 |

Major shareholder involved in tax evasion has nothing to do with them...ok.

0 |

Not the complexity, the amount.

1 |

If we are going to be a tax haven then lets just be honest about it and allow everyone to put assets offshore. Lets all have the chance to do it.

Oh, but that would mean the politicians, who defend the super rich and their right to offshore, would not have a tax base to fund government. Nobody would pay tax then. So the game is to create the facade that there is nothing to see here and that everyone pays their rightful amount.

Even the Tax Advisor to the Isle of Man who helped reform the laws their to make it easier for rich people to avoid tax said openly on Panorama last night it was exactly that, a tax evasion exercise.

0 |

RP.com • 9 minutes ago
Major shareholder involved in tax evasion has nothing to do with them...ok.

Of course it doesn't. The tax evasion was at a completely unrelated company. Don't think any court would agree with you there

0 |

it was a shell company, so the tax evasion was designed to possibly aid other interests, personal or business, who is to say. the link to Usmanov and Everton has been making just these connections. so who is to say what that £1.5 million in tax evasion was being used for. hopefully he does get his day in court though and we can see what comes of it like you suggest

0 |

Interesting write up on the Isle of Man - www.bbc.co.uk/news/res...

I was over there a few weeks back. Strange place.

0 |

RP.com • 24 minutes ago
it was a shell company, so the tax evasion was designed to possibly aid other interests

Ah right, so you're hypothesizing with zero facts that this involves Celtic, got it.

0 |

100% certain it's nothing to do with Celtic.

It read out earlier the money he saved on insurance tax etc of the private jet company. 200k in both cases

1 |

It is quite a lot lower than the BBC article states, around £1m or so.

Probably no way you could trace the tax dodge money to any other business interests in this case, Everton's case seems more explicit, where a shell company was set up to aid the purchase of the club using money from another team's owners. This is just a millionaire looking to save 200k a year on tax dodging, because you can never have enough lambos. I'll concede that.

Interesting that all the complaints from Celtic about dodgy inland revenue shenanigans in the offices of their Glasgow rivals while their own major shareholder isn't exactly a shining example of how you should do it hey.

0 |

People are right to be pissed when you look at how Joe public is taxed. Taxed when you earn it, taxed when you pay for something with it, taxed when you move house, tax when you die.

I'll happily pay tax if the system is equitable. As it stands, those that can afford the most are proportionally paying the least.

How politicians can claim to be making a fairer society for everyone, yet not legislate or pressure crown states to close loopholes is hypocritical in the extreme. actually just fucking bollocks theyre talking.

3 |

Yeah defo on the same level RP.

One was a club activity stroking massive amounts of tax. The other major stakeholder dodging tax with his private jet company based in Switzerland.

Why I'm I even backing Celtic can't stand them lol

0 |

RP.com • 34 minutes ago
Interesting that all the complaints from Celtic about dodgy inland revenue shenanigans in the offices of their Glasgow rivals while their own major shareholder isn't exactly a shining example of how you should do it hey.

Rangers were found guilty of tax avoidance which is illegal. Celtic have not even been linked to tax evasion which was legal (well apart from by you).

0 |

almost none of what is being revealed is illegal. i do get that...but the game is the same. Rangers argued they were acting legally and there was nothing to stop them setting up the employee pay scheme they did in the first case. it was only then argued retrospectively that taxable income within that scheme was not being declared as such.

so no, they are not different. they are both schemes which use shell operations to make income look like loans and so to avoid paying income tax .

0 |

You seem to arguing something different here. Fact is, there is nothing to suggest Celtic were involved in either tax avoidance or tax evasion. Unlike Rangers (that you brought into it) who were found guilty in The Surpreme Court of tax avoidance.

0 |

I was over there a few weeks back. Strange place

How so, Takki? Never been

0 |

I did say you'd be hard pressed to link the two, Dodgy Des and Celtic, legally speaking of course.

I wonder did the Rangers fiasco have him spooked at the time, like "They'll come for me next" that kind of thing.

0 |

Just extremely 'small town' in it's appearance/vibe, yet they have some serious business and money knocking about. Douglas, the capital town, is like some small town here. Very little to do/see. Odd mixture of people knocking about. I go to IoM every year for a day for work (see how our offshores are doing, obvs) once you've been there once, that's it. Seems like it would be an incredibly boring place to live.

1 |

Popped into the museum that last time (again) and there was a video showing what it used to be like back in the day when folks from the mainland/ireland would go on holiday there (looked exactly the same pretty much, just black and white) and it interviewed some old guy who used to come to IoM for holidays as a boy but had just returned recently to see how things had changed and, as he said, he was surprised to see that very little had changed. That was probably 70/80 years ago.

1 |

Judging by the information available, probably not given that, unlike Rangers, his tax dealings have, thus far, been shown to be legal

0 |

I don't think they will have got the kind of scrutiny you'd hope for. The HRMC official questioned on the news last night said the data leak was something they'd need to look into.

I don't hold much hope given past cases

0 |

2 + 2 = 4 minus 1 that's 3 quick maths

1 |

RAW SAUCE

0 |

www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-...

0 |