Choose a discussion

Football Thread

Anyone having issues with the other one or is it just me barred from posting and seeing posts

1 |

Facepalm for Lisa Evans

1 |

Who names their kid Corey anyway ffs?

0 |

Something you'd call a nice little collie dog.

0 |

Jordan Pickford, my man

0 |

Haha

0 |

www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-...

0 |

0 |

What a performance couldn't of asked for more just no luck.

0 |

Played very well.

0 |

Strong response after the first leg. Evans at the end there was unlucky...deserved one to go in

0 |

Failed to score over two legs. Like Ireland, they suffer from both a lack of ambition and too much emphasis on workrate over talent. Penalty call was wrong but Switzerland were the better side and deserved to go through

2 |

Yeah, that's fair

1 |

0 |

Lol

0 |

0 |

Heard Liam Miller is in a hospice in Cork. Pancreatic cancer. As grim as can be if true.

0 |

TJ lack of ambition lol your watching to much EPL mate, as for workrate over talent for both, of course that is the case we aren't blessed with much talent both MON's have done minor miracles with those squads and if you watched the match last night NI had 48% possession they tried to play football on a terrible pitch.

0 |

0 |

0 |

Italy fail to qualify.

0 |

Superb from Sweden. Fair play

0 |

Shite, that. What referee wouldn't cheat to get Italy there?

0 |

I don't usually warm to Italy so don't mind them exiting, but Sweden aren't very exciting either.

0 |

Yeah, not getting the 'won't be the same without them' stuff either. They've always been there but Baggio aside, I can't ever remember much entertainment from Italy. V Germany in 2006 was good I suppose

1 |

More disappointed at Holland failing to qualify. Usually like to see them and Argentina do well.

0 |

Yeah same here. Their fans are great too. 2 shite teams now though

0 |

Comical defending by Ireland

1 |

Absolutely. The firsy especially poor. Three or four mistakes in 20 seconds play

0 |

Serious lack of composure in the play...needs a massive second half

0 |

I can never understand Ireland fans - suffer through countless miserable qualifying performances but then get excited about potential qualification, as if the performances once then get into the tournament won't be equally miserable. "All about the result" I keep hearing. I'll never understand football fans, I think.

0 |

Because they to qualify for a tournament you have to put in some good performances like they do and do when they get there

0 |

Might have been an idea to mark Eriksen. He's only the best player on the pitch like. Not the Martin O'Neill way though. Beggars belief he hasn't been sacked ages ago. Awful manager.

Even if they turn this around it shouldn't mask the awful job he's done.

1 |

*because to qualify

0 |

Who wouldn't be excited about your country in the biggest tournament in the world.

Not much to understand. The buzz of one big win/result will wipe out about 20 dour ones imo

0 |

It's like watching a TV show composed nearly entirely of shite episodes for 1 good one. Not worth it.

0 |

It absolutely isn't

1 |

Convincing.

0 |

Matthew, you watch Ireland playing rugby. They're absolutely shocking to watch 90 percent of the time. And yet Irish fans proclaim them as one of the best sides in the world and get all worked up over their world cup chances, despite the fact Ireland have never won a single knockout world cup match.

3 |

You have developed an obsession with the Ireland rugby team lately Matthew and they are horrible to watch half the time.

There ain't much different between them only difference is the rugby team don't have to realistically qualify for a world cup

2 |

Plus what tj said there.

They are abysmal in the world cups so explain why you waste your time lol

1 |

Haha. Some dismantling. Of Ireland and Matthew.

1 |

takki ain't got nothing on this kind of easy baiting...

0 |

The fact England are the only team from these isles is grim. Now there is a team who walz to qualify every time but are awful to watch at tournaments.

Ireland looked extremely poor tonight. Why can't a country so in love with the game not produce ball players. Just a team of hard men and water carriers.

2 |

*from these isles to qualify

0 |

Worst thing about them not finding players is the fai will do more to nick them from us and Scotland lol two Derry lads got them to the playoffs credit goes to the ifa coaches!

0 |

Irish player in wanting to play for Ireland shocker.

I'd be more concerned about the unscrupulous nature in which the IFA prey on youngsters from the North and try to butter them up at a very young age.

Akin to child abuse

0 |

One big bonus of all this is we won't have to see videos of the fans letting us down next summer singing lulabyies to babies on trains.

4 |

But both Irish teams should get a free pass to World Cups for loving the banter lads. This k of the YouTube videos we will miss out on lol

0 |

James McClean crying was a great sight tho. Hopefully happens a lot more in the coming years

0 |

lol baz

That video reared it's ugly head in my Facebook feed again recently. So cringey.

0 |