Choose a discussion

Football Thread

Anyone having issues with the other one or is it just me barred from posting and seeing posts

1 |

I actually like Wright.

0 |

Ha me too Molo. not much pf a pundit but seems like a real decent, that Iraq soldiers thing aside lol

talk that City are about to buy Harry Maguire for 50 million

0 |

Haha. Forgot about the phonecalls to dead soldier's mas. Maniac.

I can see city RESURRECTING the Evans deal

1 |

Arsenal OUT

1 |

Good result for Arsenal, better off out of the irrelevant domestic cups. Not sure why my beloved Liverpool are taking it so seriously.

1 |

www.bbc.co.uk/sport/fo...

Understandably seems delighted to have escaped Liverpool. Good luck to him.

2 |

Yeah, seems to be relieved

1 |

He has been trying for a year. I think we’re all relieved. Best of luck Philippe and thanks for your five years of service and hard work.

0 |

You're relieved your best player has left mate, aye?

1 |

Look how easy football can be.

1 |

You reckon he was our best player Molo?

0 |

No but everyone else does pal

1 |

Coutinho was Liverpool's best player. Do you disagree munchy?

2 |

0 |

1 |

This sale is no where near as heartbreaking as Torres going to Chelsea. Luckily we still have Mane, Salah (For now), Firmino. Also, if Man City weren't running away with season, I would have liked to hold on to Philippe to after world cup, but sure its just prolonging the inevitable.

0 |

plus the money being bandied about these days, its much harder to hold on to players.

0 |

Lol at this Facebook comment

“At Coutinho's current 72 kg, that is nearly 3.4 million bucks per kg which places him smack between the current market values of plutonium and pure LSD!”

0 |

Liverpool have found it basically impossible to hold onto there players MM.

Looking like theyve sold him to bankroll Van dik and kieta.

Any club they go to try and replace coutinho they will know they've a load of cash so they are going to have to pay United premiums for a player

1 |

How can they have a load of cash if they've used it to bank roll those two players? Lol

0 |

Leveraged pal

1 |

What? Ha

2 |

Hopefully they have enough set aside to pay off Klopp and get in a manager who isn't incompetent.

Perhaps if Klopp had been replaced earlier Coutinho wouldn't have been so desperate to escape Liverpool.

1 |

According to you Klopp should be replaced cause Mignolet, Henderson etc are still at the club so I assume you want the same done for Mourinho still having Jones and Young etc there. You also think Guardiola has bought awful players

The one manager you do rate though, Marcelo Bielsa was sacked this season because he was near bottom of the French league lolz

1 |

Why would I want Mourinho sacked? I'm more concerned about my beloved Liverpool than another team lol.

Not sure what Bielsa's sacking has to do with anything. Although I suppose it means he might be available to replace Klopp. Good thinking.

0 |

Who said you want Mourinho sacked?

0 |

*meant to say should be sacked lol

0 |

Great to see Andy still takes a keen interest in the football thread by the way. Top upvoting lol.

0 |

You can act so silly at times Utah. Lol

Clearly this money they have received is bankrolling them signing as Liverpool owners don't spend a washer. Most Liverpool fans will be thinking the same. They aren't exactly massive spenders. Net spend is their game most of the time.

But if they do go to buy any more players this window or next their be no doubt any owner of the club will be thinking of the coutinho fee and will be inflating there own players value sticking the arm in. Ie the lamar talk, Monaco will certainly milking that if Liverpool are serious about buying him.

I doubt their attitude is going to be sure the owners have already spent the money on them 2 so we will give them a bargain lol

1 |

Of course, they'll already have got that for being a premier league team anyway. It just makes no sense to say the Coutinho sale funds those two players (it hasn't) then talk about buying more players in the same post. It can't be both lol

0 |

I hardly said both as fact.

Just going by how Liverpool are it's like a sale to fund players but at the same time any future sales they defo be paying over the odds. Saying that they got clean robbed for van dik already before the sale lol

2 |

Crazy money for Van Dijk, but consistent with Klopp's ineptitude in the transfer market to date.

2 |

Personally don't think coutinho as big a loss as it made out, but obvs your team has got weaker when you sell prob your best player.

Just weird timing with loads still to play for rest of season.

0 |

So you weren't really saying anything then just random stuff lol

Time will show if they were robbed or not but if the current market is 50m for Kyle Walker, Harry Maguire etc and 40 million for Lindelof, then they've could have a bargain

0 |

United spent the Ronaldo money wisely. Net spend? Paying off debts and The was the beginning of a decade of mediocrity.

0 |

Ohh yeah we got $197 million for an injured player. Haha

0 |

Liverpool sold their best player
Liverpool still haven't bought a proper keeper to replace Mignolet
Henderson and Milner are still there
Klopp still hasn't a clue what he's doing

Haha indeed

2 |

Your the most depressive Liverpool fan I know. And your aren’t even a Liverpool fan. Bizarre.

0 |

Do you know the amount of stuff we've won in this decade of mediocrity MM?

1 |

Nothing worth talking about according to TJ

0 |

Aye but hes a big liverpool man you see. TJ is right most times but not always. Me and him don't see eye to eye on everything. Still gets the most upvotes from me though so I'm confused

1 |

Actually, I forgot they'd won two leagues in that time. Bastards ha

0 |

Everything you can possibly win except the CL. Won that in 08 though. Mad to think that's 10 years almost.

I'm telling ye, more than a club

1 |

Me and molo are bitter enemies on the football front. Hate to see him tearing my fellow Liverpool supporters to shreds here.

Have upvoted him though, can't deny the quality of his posts.

2 |

Definitely a grudging respect there but I think the fact we've both been referred to as various Nialls has brought us closer.

0 |

Like most stuff on here Utah most speculation and random nothing lol

Also MM you are a complete spa lol

"The was the beginning of a decade of mediocrity"

You would die for 2 leagues and 2 2nd places and whatever other cups won lol

2 |

Hahaha.

1 |

This decade? 1 fa cup, 1 league cup, 2 premier leagues. Thats a massive decline for Man U, and less of the "you would love that" Course I would.

0 |

You're forgetting the Europa league pal. It meant we won everything there is to win and only us, Ajax, Chelsea, Juve and Bayern have won every European trophy too.

Plus, add another league cup to that. Some decade like

1 |

I envy the cups. I dont envy the rest.

0 |