Choose a discussion

Football Thread

Anyone having issues with the other one or is it just me barred from posting and seeing posts

1 |

No craic on this thread anymore at all?

0 |

What mhappened mboys?

0 |

Sorry ss, all my fellow Liverpool supporters threw their toys out of the pram months ago when they realised I was right about Klopp. They don't like being wrong, especially after all the initial giddiness and bravado which accompanied his appointment.

0 |

Lolz @ those Celtic tweets TJ, did people actually believe those?

1 |

Another shambles from Klopp.

PROGRESS

0 |

Happy Xmas TJ.

What you reckon would have been tonight had Jordan Pickford been in 1 end and De Gea in the other?

Mad how Klopp could start the season thinking he would bother the top 3 with one of the 3rd worst keepers in the league.
Mignolet is so shit. Don't even hear Liverpool fans defend him.

0 |

I'd say 1-1 with 2 decent GKs

0 |

What you reckon would have been the score*?

0 |

Season's greetings.

No idea what the score would have been bit there's no doubt Mignolet is shite, and while Cech was good, he's been rubbish since before Arsenal even signed him.

De Gea has been the best keeper in the world for a few years now. Pickford doesn't look very good from what I've seen of him.

2 |

*but*

1 |

Also, with regard to "Don't even hear Liverpool fans defend him". Many of my Liverpool fans have praised Mignolet over the years.

And even at the stay of this season one of my fellow Liverpool supporters was speaking out in his defence:

Glennzer • 3 months, 3 weeks ago
Mignolet was up there with top keepers in league last 2-3 months

Glennzer • 3 months, 3 weeks ago
Not trolling at all tell me what goals Mignolet was at fault for at Watford?

TJ Goldfist • 3 months, 3 weeks ago
Watford goals:

The first was a corner, header scored from about 3-4 yards while Mignolet stayed rooted to his line

Second goal, Mignolet dives aimlessly across goal for no apparent reason allowing a simple goal.

Third goal - another corner, a shot going away from goal is turned towards goal by Mignolet.

Think he got booked too. Awful keeper.

3 |

*start* of the season

1 |

2 poor teams.

Same problems for Liverpool at the back.

Actually was reading during week some Liverpool fans where defending the defence like it was good because they conceded one open goal in 10 games or something. They are prone to these games a good few teams over the season. Terrible at holding a lead. Be some craic to watch id say tho

2 |

Even when Liverpool keep a clean sheet under Klopp they're invariably a complete shambles defensively. His decision to persevere with Mignolet is a sackable offence on it's own, and is just one of several baffling decisions he has made.

0 |

Mad match. From crushing to behind in 388 seconds. Klopp untouchable though.

0 |

Mignolet will be replaced in the next 6 months. Ideally with a better keeper, although the chances of that are amazing
Otherwise I agree with TJ, it will be a sackable offence

Must be worrying for Man U fans that De Gea was the only thing saved them from a tanking at Liverpool and Arsenal this year..
What happens when he goes?

0 |

Klopp has been in charge for over 2 years. During that time Mignolet was inexplicably given a lengthy new contract.

It takes about half an hour of watching him to know he's shite. Another 6 months won't change the fact Klopp has had more than enough money to replace him for 2 years and failed to do so.

1 |

Must be worrying for Man U fans that De Gea was the only thing saved them from a tanking at Liverpool and Arsenal this year..
What happens when he goes

Mad rationale there Niall. Imagine a player who is paid handsomely to do his job actually doing his job? That's why we bought him mate. We were in zero danger of a tanking at Kkklanfield by the way. Comfortable performance. Went 2 up at Arsenal and managed the game professionally too. Klopp should've done the same.

0 |

Well we don't know what Klopp has tried to do since he's came in. He may have tried to sign a keeper and none available.. He may have decided to give Mignolet a chance.
He may have a keeper lined up for the summer.
We all know a lengthy new contract isn't a sign you intend to keep a player long term.

0 |

'Managed the game'..

You mean conceded chance after chance after chance and were saved by the best goalkeeping performance of the premier league era

Niallogic

0 |

Does conceding chances count now? They got a goal back and we suckerpunched them with a brilliant breakaway third and that was that. Game over.

That wasn't even De Gea's best performance this season pal

Nialled.

1 |

Aye it counts when you said it was comfortable and you managed the game. Lol

0 |

i agree with what youre saying about De Gea, but i dont think United controlled the game well, they fell apart and got a man sent off but did enough to win thanks to having the best keeper in the world mainly

Liverpool are just mental, as ive said before, would literally drive you insane

0 |

Easy win for United at arsenal.

2 |

ok then

0 |

I didn't say Arsenal was comfortable did I? Haha.

Definitely managed the game though. Toyed with them pal

1 |

United fell apart at Arsenal?

1 |

They did and they didnt, its ok...they still won, so no worries

0 |

Yeah, true.

Barca 2 up at Madrid now. Carvajal aff

1 |

League over now...its weird cause this Barca team arent near previous years although they have been getting better this last few weeks. Madrid looked to be on a different planet to everyon else only a few months ago

0 |

Not feeling la liga this year.

Can't even work out if barca are the biggest threat in the champs league. It's a weird feeling considering they are walking the league. They just don't seem great to me.

Suarez was good the other night. Coming into form

2 |

Why was isco not playing today

1 |

Suarez was so bad first few months too lol
certtainly looking like CL contenders at this stage, for experience and Messi alone...plus the best midfielder in the world Paulinho lol

0 |

Had to give my head a wobble the other night when I seen him playing thinking he was trunks at spurs how is he looking top notch now lol

Be funny if they beat PSG after neymar splitting. He's a wee dick as well. Already hating his move. Can see him ending up at Madrid at some stage in the future.

0 |

Hes been really good, especially today, was just a weird time at Spurs lol

0 |

Mental. He was like kleberson at spurs.

Hulk had him down as the worse player ever lol

0 |

He also told he was far more excited about Benteleb and Tom Carroll than Harry Kane

0 |

Haha

Don't think anyone been as wrong about a player as much as he was about Kane lol

Where is he these days?

0 |

Bristol and now Leicester. A most disappointing week for my beloved Utd.

0 |

Game management

0 |

State of that. Game was won. Mad that were still comfortably second too with behind so pish. Rest of the league is awful

1 |

Smalling, Jones and Young playing and still 7 points clear of my beloved Liverpool.

Klopp a genius though apparently lol.

1 |

Are we that far ahead of them? No harm but Liverpool must be atrocious

1 |

Back to Klopp. Lol

0 |

Why wouldn't it be, he's obviously still raging they bottled that last night.

1 |

All sides are a varying degree of shite when this happens...

Not sure what Herr klopp has to do with my beloved Utd dropping points at Leicester?

0 |

Speaking of obvious rage.

0 |

Klopp let slip a 2-1 lead to lowly 10 man Leicester. Mignolet was at fault for the Bristol City goal and Jordan Henderson is to blame for the capitulation to Man City in the derby.

Niallogic

0 |

Imagine having to play Everton anytime soon.

0 |

Spurs 3 Burnley 0
woop woop

0 |