Choose a discussion

Bunsen Burger

Class burger joint in Dublin coming here.

m.belfasttelegraph.co....

0 |

Unreal burgers. I know people will say burgers are just burgers, but they're lying. Best in the world maybe.

1 |

membah Wayne took accepting to me winding about making as good a burger at home. I miss Wayne.

0 |

Had a burger from Wahlburgers in Boston there last week which which was fucking immense

0 |

Burger joints in America are so good. Majorly impressed with ones I went to in new York. Some had their own beers they brewed to match different burgers.

0 |

I lived in America.

I eat many burgers.

I still think Bunsen is the best I've had.

Also their chocolate shakes are the best.

1 |

Also the fries.

1 |

Matthew, you put me onto it way back when and I always made sure to get one anytime I was in Dublin. Great call pal, Im not sure I ever thanked you. Incredible burgers, always get loads of fries too which are always top notch and they offer a fantastic selection of craft beers. All at such a reasonable price too.

0 |

Second best was the Apple Pan in LA btw, amazing place.

0 |

North Americans know their onions burger-wise but might have to agree with Matthew here.

Im just not sure we deserve such nice things though so Im torn

0 |

My bro loved In N Out Burger.

Hero burger in Canada was great but the best Ive had there was Burgers Priest. Sensational.

Anyone ever been to Build A Burger? Went years ago, wasnt fussed. Cant be doing with floury baps

0 |

No love for a Spuds 3am burger? Philistines.

1 |

Said it'll seat 70 as well, I've been in two in Dublin, would that make this one the biggest? The ones I've been in are fairly small
Agree with you both, best burger I've ever had

1 |

There's about 4 in Dublin now. Seem to have just sprouted up. I can see something similar happening here. People are gonna love it. Itll have such a cult following a la Boojum I reckon

0 |

I do enjoy five guys. But it's a bit dear. This place sounds promising. What would current best burger in Belfast be? That place that used to be on Lisburn road wasn't bad.

0 |

People might turn their noses up at the prices...I dunno. The thing about it is it's a really nice place to just hangout and chat to mates too. They're always busy because they keep people around all night, as opposed to Five Guys or whatever where people are in and out the door when they're done.

0 |

Not sure what these prices will translate to in Belfast, but here's the menu:

https://s3-media3.fl.yelpcdn.com/bphoto/BIFjlaW6inVIYgYnAfdwOQ/348s.jpg

1 |

It'll translate something along the lines of:

"Ye what? The fuck I am paying that for a Burger...Mickey D's all the way yiz cunts yees"

0 |

Sure yis have enough hipsters in Belfast now to sustain more than one fancy coffee shop, should be grand

1 |

Best menu ever. I found the double burger was a bit too heavy though. Never had the milkshake

0 |

Have you tried Rick's Burgers in Dublin, Matthew?

0 |

Ordering a double is a rookie mistake anyway - you need to go for 2x hamburgers instead - you really need that extra bun layer to stop the whole thing collapsing in a heap of delicious meat juice.

0 |

Haha. Two burgers? Some going there. The single burger with fries and an ice cold Brooklyn was always perfect for me

0 |

Well you ditch the top bun of one of them and then stick the other on top, Big Mac style. Never did it myself, but used to go with some annoyingly skinny fuckers who'd easily tuck them away.

0 |

Great wee tip to be fair

0 |

Five guys is dearer than that. I think ten euros for a good burger and chips is good.

0 |

Five guys doesn't seem to be doing well. It's near 16 ding for burger chip and a jink

0 |

by no stretch of the imagination is it worth it.

3 |

Fuck me i'd love a busen today

1 |

Tell me about it mate

0 |

Flame do a very good burger probably best I've had since rocket and relish closed

0 |

Do they only do beefburgers?

Lamb burgers and turkey ones also are nice

0 |

What was the craic with R+R?
They had a sign saying "Closed for refurbishment" for ages then it changed to "sold" and now those Three Kings eejits are in.

By the way, Bunsen is wayyyy better than R+R

0 |

The menu I posted above is the whole thing, Muzka. Keeping it simple.

0 |

is that it? looks plain as fuck.. was expecting some seriously crazy ass toppings or flavoured beef/relish combo at least

0 |

That's it. The burgers aren't massive, there are no crazy toppings, no gimmicks at all really - although I suppose in this day and age having no gimmicks is a gimmick in and of itself.

2 |

That looks like my sort of burger menu, tbh.

0 |

Chorizo burgers. Yay or Nay?

0 |

A little chorizo goes a long way, so nay for me

0 |

The whole burger is made of chorizo??

0 |

The burger places in america all starting to taste the same. Burgatory is supposed to be the best, but i was never impressed with their beef burgers. Its been years since i've been in a five guys. Chain groumet burger places are no better than mcdonalds. Theres a wee bar near me that does ostrich and bison burgers and they're brilliant.

0 |

* chain gourmet

0 |

Little chunks of it in the burger Takki.

0 |

Matthew, whats In-n-Out Burger like? Ive never been in one.

0 |

Nothing special, I don't really remember them much tbh. Best one in San Francisco was Pearl's

0 |

DC had a really great one called Good Stuff.

0 |

I'd give a chorizo burger a whirl, but it can be overpowering so it would need to be subtle. Too much chorizo can be risky for the ring piece, also.

2 |

I love chorizo, but it absolutely destroys me with stomach acid. Needs to be in small amounts.

0 |

Can't beat a good fur burger

1 |

Marks do chorizo burgers. Give you wile burny burps

0 |

People love a bit of marketing dont they. "Gourmet burgers" fuck off lol. Its ground up meat in a bap and they charge you £15 for the pleasure.

2 |