Choose a discussion

Jordan B Peterson thread

This guy will make you life better. Doesn't mater who you are.
Be prepared to have your millennial-abridged faux grieances burned.

Individualism, not collectivism.

Don't aspire for a grup excuse, be somebody instead. Anybody.

0 |

image.ibb.co/jk7brw/ae...

0 |

I haven't read it all but who all is angry? And why are they angry?

0 |

hahah at that pic

0 |

Didn't know gates were that dense.

0 |

People who genuinely have an interest in the field he is discussing are angry with him because they think he is wrong.

His focus on the individual is extreme in many ways and while it might help in the clinical psychology he is trained for, helping people through their issues, he does seem to over step the mark when he goes into the whole postmodernism tirade. Then people pick up on his speculation on that topic as if he is an expert when he is just farting in the wind. He's every right to but postmodern perspectives are not just about anything goes because it's all just meaningless, at least at the individual level.

Try reading some of it. It's a head melt so I'd suspect your average YouTube poster has really considered all angles. Like Muzak mentioned it just becomes a shouting match and Peterson should really just distance himself from it

1 |

Where you getting this insight from, RP? What exactly is it with what he has said that you don't agree with and how is he wrong and 'farting in the wind'? lol

0 |

They are angry with him mostly because the media are interviewing him and not them and people are listening to him and not them. It's a totally boring subject made interesting and relevant to the YouTube masses by Peterson's amazing choice of words. Who would give a fuck about philosophy if it was anyone else talking?

0 |

Actually, that's not true. It is pretty interesting stuff. If only the bloody postmodernists could speak English I could hear what they have to say.

0 |

image.ibb.co/mFof1w/3d...

0 |

Takki...From what I learned at Uni and general books I read, the postmodern criticism is about the idea of progress. That with every new scientific discovery we are arching towards some truth, like Descartes describing reality as a clock that could be picked apart and analysed in its various bits to get at that truth, as an engineer would. People like Foucault questioned that deeply, he said that truth was rooted in the historical narrative that dominates (e.g. Scientism) and that other narratives are suppressed. They should be brought back into view for obvious reasons.

That is what the real criticism of him is about as far as I can tell and I think he has overstepped his mark on that.

2 |

This movie is a great one to explain that better than I could

0 |

Must give that a watch.

0 |

So what are you saying in relation to Jordan Peterson, RP? I didn't get anything from what you just wrote there in relation to him.

0 |

That he should stick to clinical psychology and his 12 rules or whatever. There is a long list of philosophers who have built the postmodern ideas he dismisses as being the bedding for Marxism. Heidigger, Neitschze, Foucault...neither of which are Marxists. And their work is absolutely mind bending.

Peterson is on the other side where he says history is all about the hero and they will strive for progress towards truth. But that idea is what those writers are pretty much against.

1 |

The problem is that debate is off the scale and won't be resolved by the number of upvotes on YouTube. People take the bits that suit their little world and shout at those they've decided are the problem. I'd say Peterson is genuinely interested in challenging debate but seems intent for now to stick to feeding the left wing trolls.

That link SS had above with the professor speaking about the nature of consciousness is where he is best

0 |

0 |

A pro-gay bias in employment. Fancy that eh, roughly speaking.

0 |

There's fresh meat in the club tonight,
God Bless our dead marines

0 |

Convicted criminal on hunger strike because HMP won't recognise him as female.

www.theguardian.com/so...

Got to love that effort.

0 |

image.ibb.co/eJG8db/ae...

0 |

"Her crimes included breaking into several homes and filming herself wearing underwear belonging to teenage girls."

"HER crimes" Guardialol

0 |

That made me laugh too.

0 |

LIVE on Joe Rogan

0 |

Peterson, Shapiro & Rubin on Free Speech

0 |

www.sadanduseless.com/...

0 |

Lol

Not far of nolan show sometimes

0 |

0 |

0 |

It seems when takkiSSchitt fails to get some troll action on the go, he pushes forward with ever more right-wing posts. Like the 4-channers cracking racist joke ironically, until the got the chance to actually vote for a racist president and go on irl neo-nazi marches.

1 |

awk Bart, is that really the best you can do?

0 |

Are there people that say emotions trump facts?

1 |

Just an observation TakkiSSchitt. don't take it to heart.

1 |

Subtle dig there, liked it. Upvoted.

1 |

ps Kathy Burke in door way.

0 |

California police worked with neo-Nazis to pursue 'anti-racist' activists

www.theguardian.com/wo...

0 |