Choose a discussion

Jordan B Peterson thread

This guy will make you life better. Doesn't mater who you are.
Be prepared to have your millennial-abridged faux grieances burned.

Individualism, not collectivism.

Don't aspire for a grup excuse, be somebody instead. Anybody.

0 |

0 |

0 |

0 |

Is he your spiritual guide?

0 |

You love those personality cult types.

1 |

"The aim is to move free speech advocates forward and fight against the culture of SJWs."
Is he a 4chan -er or a actual university lecturer

0 |

PRIMETIME UK BABY WHOOP

0 |

my man. charmed the sweet peach scented lacy knickers off Cathy Newman there.

0 |

His bible lecture series is superb listening.

Archetypes maaaannn

0 |

Roughly speaking

0 |

Cathey Newman 'There is no comparison between Chairman Mao and a trans activist' Jordan Pieterson 'Why not? ' 'Because a transactivit isn't killing millions of people'

He's a stirrer like! I'm not a sure exactly what to make of him. I think he's excellent entertainment value and the analogy's and parralels he draws in the Bible are faciniating he actually makes me want to read it Although I have listened to a load of his lectures and the Joe Rogan podcasts I'm still none the wiser as to wether or not he actually beleves in God. On one hand he is a consumate show man and balls to the wall capitalist - on the other, there was a paticular 20/40min section on one of Rogans podcasts where you could visably see (and obviously hear) him excessively indulging whimmsical subjectivity he was veering out of his lane tying himself up in semantics and pedantics until even Joe was like 'what's the craic? And totally miss-interprets a solid half hour of chat.

I think he's great, no doubt about that, an original thinker. However his ruthless staccato delivery seems dilberatly in effect so that the interviewer or listener cant help but over-reach, like when Newman takes one to many liberties and suggests than he perhaps considers women to be less intellegent than men. This of course has never been stated and neither of them remotely believe that he thinks that yet Newman can't resist sticking the hand in the cookie jar and there's almost a linguistic sadomasochism being indulged. It's hard to explain, but it's almost as if he's 2 dimensional in a debate like that, very tall, very wide - but if decides to alter his stance 90 degrees he's invisable - or untouchable.

No my major gripe an yea it is a major gripe because Cathey Newman is just as guilty of this is they approach the defintion of sucess as wages, reward, material, immutable but to me personally this is pure obfuscation. The grimey sludge that I stink off, that 99% of people stink of - this desperation to parade their disagreeablity as if it was some great human quality and your worth is essentially measured by and with the amount of excess trinkets you can accumulate.

I hate that notion. I mean obv I want a Lambo, taliored suit and crystal goblet, but what I REALLY WOULD LOVE is absolutely nothing at all. This probably sounds like pure bullshit coming from me but what coul you want more than an absence of want. Also his pithy dismissal of art for arts sake everything hs to be about building and evolving and improving and tidying - I would love to hear his critic of Tracey Emins Bed en.wikipedia.org/wiki/...

That said I would much rather listen to Pieterson than Alan Watts

Who else is in this sphere of humanity,

0 |

That was a desperate interview with him there. Misquoting him, putting words in his mouth, not listening, arguing against the logic... I usually like her interviews, but that was terrible.

0 |

The 30 minute interview was better than the 10 minute edited one. And that's me being Liberal to Cathy but more to the awesome journalists that work for c4 and deserve better than to be produced by obviously some gender studies graduates who skip between ruining c4 news & the guardian newspaper.

As someone said earlier, when an interviewer begins to get combative in protecting an agenda, it kind of defeats the whole purpose of journalism unless it's RT or now, c4.

0 |

But isn't it so good to see British media filled with Dr P.
Hahaha. I told ya! I've been there since day 003 with JP.

Choosing Culture, is the new counter-culture.
Terence McKenna was Wrong.
Ayahuasca is Wrong.

0 |

Look at that hansdome bastard go.

And fair play Cathy. For a feminist, I think she might now think a few more seconds before being so radical. No losers here.
Good nite everybody. And God Bless.

Long Live Western Civilization.

0 |

Wake up men. Take responsibility.
Get a woman. Fight communists. Copulate. And Live Strong. Roughly speaking.

0 |

He's a show man. Peter Kay without the diabetes and dated ancedotes Actually that's not fair, he is actually worth listening to and he has some interesting points - but really he's a pretty restrictive prescription for life - not a lot of wiggle room within the Peiterson prescription. Be a man, tidy your room, don't be late, don't be a deviant, overcome your inate weakness, stand up, shoulder's back, look banality straight in the eye and strive to waste 70% of your life doing somthing you don't like so you can breed with a pre-programmed clone and perpetuate this cycle for eternity until we smooth out all the kinks and humanity is nice buffed galvanised alloy.

Maybe tomorrow Peiterson. I know your right. But I just want to spend the next few days in bed watching television on a 55 inch screen and a resolution better than reality. Also I pissed myself just for the craic. How's that working out for you Peterson? You mad bro? I piss myself again you goin to crack the shits that I'm wasting my potential to actually piss in a real toilet?

He is great though because he projects such an effective caricature and is genuinely funny and insightful. I don't nessesarily agree with him on everything he says - but he actually says something. He hasn't allowed his mind to be raped by approval seeking legislators.

1 |

Carry your cross (carry your hangover tomorrow, bitch)
You can always make things worse. Easier than making things better.
What a lesson.

0 |

responsibility = the counterculture's counterculture

Unreal.

0 |

Lol, I'm mostly just being a contrary bollocks for the sake of being a contray bollocks :)

A hectic day but absolutely no drink here tho my friend. I can't handle my drink. Can do DMT to Alpha Centrui and beyond but alcohol ruins me.

I'm going to listen to him again. I just have a have an instintive reflex against anyone trying to tell me what to do. Maybe it's Oppositional Defiant Disorder.

You have to admit he is rather 'trendy' at the moment but, I think that's largely because he is very engaging. I paticularly enjoyed his rumminations on taking his mind to the place of a Concentration camp guard. I also tend to agree with him about how utterly devesting creativity is to the individual. Somehow, sometime relatively recently, a huge premium was placed on creativity at the expense of the practical.

I know his position iss definiatley not as simplistic as ditch creativity entirely, but something along those lines...? I also think he is denying that society is sexist. I think it's more sexist than racist actually. I'm not going to burn my bra or anything (it was far too expensive) but after talking to my sister more I have definately seen certain aspects in a different light.

Black males of french nationality could vote from 1791, women weren't allowed to vote until 1945!

He also seems to commodify everything - women's 'social value' decreases with age as he sort of describes it while males gain social value with age. A great theory (if you happen to be a 25-39yr old male - like 95% of his fan base) but really I call bullshit on that. BUT he does say a lot of very intresting things and I actually a huge portion of my undergrad dissertation was working with Jungian theme's and his greatest influence, afair is Jung. Have to give him another listen - although right now after a complicated day I am just lusting after a Porsche 924. What do you think of Porsche 924's J?

0 |

0 |

He does like to say something, bnackpedal then say it in a slightly different way, i.e. "Multivariate analysis says the pay gap doesn't exist."

he gets called on that, so then he says
"The pay gap exists there are just many reasons for it, one of them is gender. But it is not the only one".

1 |

And wwhen she pulls him on the he gives the same back track and diversion "I didn't say that, but I did say it with a caveat"

1 |

"I haven't said that so far"

*mutters under breath*
" this program"

lol

1 |

It is more of the case that the interviewer either isn't listening to him or has a set agenda to provoke.

Re: the pay gap he clarifies his position multiple times. He denied it existed purely because of gender.

It's hardly a weak position either, evidence has largely debunked claims that women are paid much less than men for the same work.

0 |

lol Bart

0 |

It was pretty funny to see you guys lapping up Petersons sophistry, takkiSSchitt. It good to see you can have a bit of a lol about it without sending out a whatsapp alert.

1 |

Not worth WhatsApping about lad. It's reserved for spicey forumming only.

0 |

Whatsapp only for reddit links now

0 |

www.google.co.uk/amp/s...

... said the interview marked a “pivotal victory in the culture wars”

0 |

This was our Tobruk.
Onward Christian Soldiers

0 |

Great to see such a debate. But there are some absolute cretins on the right who flock to Peterson. It's sad because he is useful in making the left thing more about the validity of their views on power, race, sex etc.

You read his book? Worth a look?

0 |

Yeah, cos I tune into c4 NEWS for a DEBATE with the PRESENTER.
At least now we know the agenda of c4 NEWS.
anti-male, pro-abortion, diversity riddled hippy liberal douchebaggery.

Everybody knows abortion is wrong.

0 |

The interview is one thing but the fact it's C4 and Peterson is now mainstream Uk media has generated a debate...that's the point. Ffs

0 |

Wielding insults like a subtle knife RP.com. amazing work.

0 |

pretty weak bart. bad week?
culture wars on the losing side?
where you attacking CIS males at one stage there in 2016?

Welcome to 2017, bitch.

Ben Shapiro isn't even running on the REAL REPUBLIC ticket in 2022 yet.

Hope that fat, black chick Oprah runs for the bubble-laden Lefties.
Twitter will annihilate her.
The West will annihilate her.

0 |

Lol, it just doesn't get any better for the Newman and the ch4 news team does it.

Surely she'll be given a written warning over this. Anyone but Peterson Ch4 news, eek.
Why would they even think it would be a good idea to talk to him. Throw in the towel, ref.
No wait, don't. I want to watch this massacre of the Marxists.

0 |

Haha

0 |

Hahaha

0 |

haha that last one

0 |

Destroyed there lol

0 |

Here is one for you sparcy. I think Jordan is on to something regarding gender equality..... but who gives a shit. Amazing it doesn't occur to him that what he says causes prejudice. He think its all survival of the fittest, that the weak and minority are holding back humanity for reasons, only he knows. He thinks that all of the above is similar to chairman mao, group think, but never occurs to him that chairman mao was a egotisital maniac, who has a lot of the traits he likes.

0 |

How do you get that from anything he's said, ever? lol

0 |

Women, please pick up your trash. It makes all of us look bad.

brashfeminism.com/2018...

0 |

That channel 4 interview. He reckons men today are weak. That women should know their place, and that humans are similar to lobsters. General crazyness. Also, that transgender actvists are similar to chairman mao. I do agree with him that women are less likely to ask for pay raises, but I disagree with him when he says that men are less likely to hire women because men in positions of power have rigged the game.

0 |

Here is Jordan B Peterson crying on 5live over the way young mostly white males have been marginalised by douchebag Liberals who thought it was a good idea to force them to read the gentleman's guide to rape.
Actually crying on the he radio. What a man.

Excuse me, I have something in my eye.

0 |

Amazing how an intelligent man like Jordan reckons young white men, are being marginalized, when they literally hold all the cards. He's a quack psychologist, who didnt get love from his mother. Amazing he didnt recognise that in himself.

0 |

Theres plenty of young white males who don't "hold all the cards".

0 |

mm, he said that at a biological and psychological level, our brains work in a very similar way to lobster (and many, many other creatures as we are basically just 'another creature'). He never said anything so general like 'humans are similar to lobsters', because they're clearly not lol

He clearly explained what he was talking about regarding the other things you mentioned too, but if you can't understand him when he explains it, I'd doubt I'll be able to say it in any clearer terms.

0 |

"biological and psychological level, our brains work in a very similar way to lobster" I didnt quite get why he was saying this though. From what I got from that interview, he was trying to say that there is a hierarchical structure similar to ours, and that we, modern society is going against that, and that was somehow a bad thing. I've never read his book.... or plan to.

0 |