Choose a discussion

The Football Thread 2017

Yeeeooooo!! United!! United!! United!!

1 |

Could this be the year my beloved Liverpool finally win the Premier League?

I certainly hope so.

YNWA

0 |

Proper old skool United win there after what may be the worst decision Ive seen

0 |

Otamendi, Stones and Kolarov as your defenders when you have unlimited cash and a colossal wage bill.

0 |

City's defence is really poor.

But they have so many substandard players throughout the squad. Guardiola shouldn't have been allowed to bring in the dross he did in the Summer.

0 |

City have the players no doubt. They have too many off days though.

0 |

I think there's considerable doubt that City have the players to win the League.

0 |

Stones is Immense

m.facebook.com/story.p...

0 |

I don't think they will be anywhere near the top by May.

0 |

Glennzer • 15 minutes ago
We are Rangers tra la la la la

1 |

Another football thread, another Milly MOTM award. LOL

0 |

He was absolutely brilliant

0 |

Took Sterling out of it for the most part though that's not hard to do!
Crap game quality wise just manic at times.
Never thought city would get anything for the entire game-that team is missing so much, Pep is having the problems I think we all saw from the start.

1 |

Wijnaldum got the Man of the Match award tho

0 |

Thought he was Motm myself-some engine on him

0 |

How can Chelsea play three games in ten days over Christmas and new year when saints spurs and others play three in 6/7?

Ps the goals Sunderland let in today were absolutely criminal-Moyes is sucking what little life there was left there out of that club

0 |

Baz you wee ballroot

1 |

lol

1 |

Man U making me really happy!!

1 |

Utd have been good to watch lately. Martial was good yesterday. Great goal from Ibrahimovic disallowed.

0 |

Lol

0 |

Happy fucking new year eh!

1 |

The pace of the top six is incredible. Never been this good at the half point id guess?

0 |

if that had been any other in the top six they would be heaping praise on them, not forcing on the poor watford defending.

0 |

Poor enough standard at the top of the League this season.

0 |

Chelsea have shown real strength in depth I think.

Bambideli has been some signing for Spurs.

0 |

Bay why are you absolutely obsessed with who is or isnt talking about Spurs? Ha

0 |

Chelsea have shown great strength in depth? They've had the same team every week bar Willian or Cesc coming in for a game or two lol

0 |

Chelsea have had little or no injuries.

1 |

What I mean is bringing in players like Moses and Alonso have added to an already strong squad.

0 |

But theyve been there for ages, its not like theyve rotated them with two other lads who are just as good.

Theyve had handy games for ages, have thr best breaks over Christmas, dont lose anyone to the AFCON and have 60m Oscar money waiting to be spent. Itll take a real fuck up at this stage

0 |

I think that's fair enough utah. Liverpool have a small chance in the next 5 games to close the gap but it would be some ask.

0 |

Time for Spurs to step up and do their part next

0 |

Chelsea have had the same 11 virtually every game as a couple have said-hopefully an injury or two or some fatigue will do something to them though having TEN DAYS to play three games over the holidays has helped them out at the right time.

What a goal from the ultimate hipster

0 |

Amazing United have won their last 5 games and haven't moved anywhere in the league

0 |

This is it jordy, we've won 5 in 6 now and just crept up on city.
Top four is a real achievement for any of the top six this season.

1 |

Unreal goal by giroud.

1 |

Goal of 2017 on January 1st

0 |

Off the bar too.

www.bytheminute.co/eve...

I always wonder just how much you should praise a goal like that. It's instinct but takes a lot of luck to catch it the way he does. It's not like he practices them.

0 |

I find the best amount of praise to give a goal is whatever amount you feel like at the time.

2 |

Apparently Ref congratulated him after.

0 |

He didn't

0 |

Commentator on BBC World Service said he did.

0 |

nonsense goal. 100% pure luck that.

0 |

Better than Mkhitaryan's apparently. That was a stunning strike but I think the reaction went a bit OTT

0 |

Benteke and Zaha doing what they do best today-missing sitters and running into trouble.

0 |

Zaha is similar to R. Sterling. Loads of fast twitch fibres but absolutely no feet. Sterling is the worst footballer Ive seen passing or finishing a ball. Offers nothing but pace. This generation's Didier Agathe

1 |

Even less end product than Steling and his yapping and moaning looking for fouls would drive me fucking mental if I was a palace fan.
Those rumours of spurs looking at him in the summer better be bullshit-seems a prick of a fella as well.

0 |

1 |

If spurs win on Wednesday night, or Chelsea drop points, it wont be about us, it will be about everyone else.

0 |

Haha

0 |