Choose a discussion

Reckon they deserve their own thread. Great news for rural Internet users. Just another 10 or so years of shite speeds.

0 |

Hot spin forming a dome that will make up part of Falcon's liquid oxygen tank

www.instagram.com/p/BN...

0 |

Elon Musk Beats Out Mark Zuckerburg, Steve Jobs As The Most Admired Tech Leader

www.gospelherald.com/a...

0 |

0 |

The comments on that video lmao

0 |

ooooo elon musk....fap fap fap fap fap fap

0 |

The aim is to colonise Mars by 2036...that's mental. Take me with please

0 |

its also impossible, but hey we need big dreamers with big pockets

0 |

Did that video not prove that this is definitely happening RJ?

0 |

Sure NASA has Mars as a priority. Obviously they don't have the funds they used to. They will get their in my lifetime. If I don't get run over by a Tesla. Musk seems to be downplaying the massive exposure to radiation in the void. Maybe the first folk going won't give a shit.

0 |

It's an issue, but I don't think it's *that* big an issue...

"One material in development at NASA has the potential to do both jobs: Hydrogenated boron nitride nanotubes—known as hydrogenated BNNTs—are tiny, nanotubes made of carbon, boron, and nitrogen, with hydrogen interspersed throughout the empty spaces left in between the tubes. Boron is also an excellent absorber secondary neutrons, making hydrogenated BNNTs an ideal shielding material.

“This material is really strong—even at high heat—meaning that it’s great for structure,” said Thibeault.

Remarkably, researchers have successfully made yarn out of BNNTs, so it’s flexible enough to be woven into the fabric of space suits, providing astronauts with significant radiation protection even while they’re performing spacewalks in transit or out on the harsh Martian surface. Though hydrogenated BNNTs are still in development and testing, they have the potential to be one of our key structural and shielding materials in spacecraft, habitats, vehicles, and space suits that will be used on Mars."

www.nasa.gov/feature/g...

1 |

Elon Musk is putting his personal Tesla into Mars’ orbit.

echcrunch.com/2017/12/...

0 |

lol I love him

0 |

We're bound to get a slow pan of a Tesla floating in space with Mars in the background. Greatest piece of advertising footage ever.

0 |

That would indeed be next level marketing. He's a genius when it comes to it.

0 |

More junk in space, thanks elon.

1 |

Who’s going to complain. Apart from you.

0 |