Choose a discussion

Gaming 2017

A potentially great year ahead with games such as Crackdown, Mass Effect, Red Dead Redemption 2, Resident Evil 7, The Legend of Zelda Breath Of The Wild, Horizon Zero Dawn.

New console from Nintendo (Switch) and Microsoft (Project Scorpio)

And potentially find out of VR was a passing gimmick, or if it has legs.

0 |

ghost & goblins is one of the more forgiving games too

0 |

They’ve turned off loot boxes in Battlefront completely now: www.eurogamer.net/arti...

0 |

*temporarily turned them off

0 |

It sounds like Disney forced them to do it, so I'd imagine it'll not come back very quickly at all. In the meantime, I'd guess they'll need to make substantial changes to the progression system for unlockable items, if there's no currency to be bought.

0 |

yeah id agree Disney is all over this, theres no way they'd let EA fuck up or put the star wars franchise into a negative light coming up to xmas and beyond

0 |

It's a total pisstake to charge full price for a game, then expect people to play for 4500 hours (if they don't want to spend even more money) before they can access all the characters/content of the game.

0 |

EA had a call with Disney yesterday apparently. With a new film coming out, no doubt they wanted this quashed ASAP.

I dont have any issue with loot boxes and microtransactions that dont impact gameplay. Costumes and crap like that in games like overwatch are good. You can win them at some point anyway. Titanfall does it really well too. Fancier looking titans if you want, but absolutely no impact on the gameplay. This system works for those who want to buy this crap and doesn't cause any problems for those that don't. And I see that a lot of people do opt to buy this stuff.

Battlefront though taking the absolute piss. Lets hope this is a lesson to game publishers.

0 |

Going to get either Gran Turismo Sport or Project Cars 2 apres work here. Most probably PC2 cos the first one blew me away although I want GTSport too even of the reviews aren't as good. Thanks

0 |

Psvr bought at abbeycentre. Mazing

0 |

s2 - I don’t mind those kinds of microtransactions, but I also wouldn’t mind the progress-boosting ones too, as long as their existence doesn’t cause the developers to hobble progression when you don’t spend money. GTA Online has that kind of system, essentially. EA really fucked this one up.

0 |

Agree Shane. This has to put the brakes on the p2w model

Greedy bastards.

0 |

"According to one player’s estimates, it will take you around 4,528 hours of gameplay, or $2,100, to unlock all content in Star Wars: Battlefront 2."

That's for the actual game content. The stuff people paid the £50 for. It's a joke that there's that much slog/money involved in unlocking the content.

1 |

vroom vroom

i.imgur.com/B2YBbgbr.jpg

0 |

This looks cool

ore.steampowered.com/a...

Anybody in these less mainstream type games? Indie games or whatever they can them?

0 |

vroom vroom vroom

i.imgur.com/pdgDbVbr.jpg

0 |

UTH

0 |

Steam is amazing for game. There's now no doubt about it that consoles can provide exception graphical performance in terms of bang for the buck, but a gamers will easily make the money back ten fold when it comes to content on PC.

0 |

the beauty of pc gaming was not losing games between each generation, i think that's changing now though.

0 |

imgur.com/u9ngP0Q

0 |

Finally completed cuphead. Never wanted to smash a controller more in my entire life

1 |

I've heard it's excellent

0 |

Exasperating at times (most of the time actually) but looks amazing and despite it being rock hard, it's never unfair

0 |

Brutal

imgur.com/WnuTjH7

0 |

Haha, damn. Glad I only play Sims.

0 |

RIP them 4

0 |