Choose a discussion

Gaming 2017

A potentially great year ahead with games such as Crackdown, Mass Effect, Red Dead Redemption 2, Resident Evil 7, The Legend of Zelda Breath Of The Wild, Horizon Zero Dawn.

New console from Nintendo (Switch) and Microsoft (Project Scorpio)

And potentially find out of VR was a passing gimmick, or if it has legs.

0 |

also don't forget for the first 12 months of early access of Dayz their lead programmer was in jail in Greece accused of espionage when he was arrested photographing a military base doing research for ARMA 3 which was a major kick in the balls for them

0 |

lolz
www.geforce.com/gtx-g-...

#PCMasterRace

0 |
0 |

I presume thats an April Fools vid, Takki

0 |

When's Scorpio due for release? What's it promising?

0 |

Aye Poo.

GEG, apparently it's due 'holidays 2017'. Will be interesting to see what it's like.

0 |

Think we'll find out more about Scorpio definitely by E3, possibly at some rumoured spring hardware event by Microsoft.

0 |

Does Shadow of Mordor get any better? It's so fucking repetitive killing these war chiefs.

0 |

Bought Titanfall 2. The only part of the game i got to play on the weekend trial was the wee training part that's timed. And I couldn't put the thing down

So I'm hoping that level of enjoyment carrys over to the full game. Hopefully there's still a decent player base on the pvp on ps4

0 |

Still plenty playing it on the Xbox One anyway, can't imagine the PS is any different.

0 |

Really dont see why everyone rates shadow of mordor. It doesnt get any better mincer.

0 |

Happydays. Getting started on the campaign shortly

0 |

Eurogamers site appears to have died due to the exclusive, but they have a big reveal of the Scorpio hardware today.

0 |

Nothing really interesting there. Sounding like they are preparing people for a high price.

Funny how they are able to release a new console with backwards compatibility when it suits them. Something that was 'impossible' before when they were the king of the consoles.

0 |

Cant get on the site still but here's a screenshot from them of Forza 6 running at 4K60:

Imgur

0 |

Price will be key to its success. Sounds like it will be dear www.eurogamer.net/arti...

0 |

Why dont they be done with it and just accept people want powerful micro pcs for their living room. Still dont really know why steam machines didn't take off as its clear Sony and Microsoft are still chasing that market 3/4 years after steam machines was even a thing.

0 |

Steam Machines never took off because people want the benefits of consoles too - simplified and secured OS, first-party engineered hardware to maximise performance, guaranteed quality. Steam Machines were just cheap gaming PCs, and while that's fine, it's not what PC gaming is about.

0 |

Yeah PC gaming is about constantly rebuilding your hardware and playing around with settings for a few hours to obtain a 1/2 a pixel extra on the screen.

0 |

Is that really what you think PC gaming is? I have not had to touch any setting on my computer for the last few months and when i do its a automatic driver update when a few new games come out. but basically just click ok and its done. Steam keeps all the games patched and updated in the background itself.

Matthew have you been on eurogamer today? Nothing about all that information and the way they are marketing it sounds like a simple experience. I really hope they come out with more crossplay with pc and the new xbox, and just get everyone on the one system.

0 |

I just read some of the initial specs but my eyes started glazing over and I stopped. All that really mattered is Eurogamer saying it's probably similar in performance to a gaming PC with a 1070.

Perfect, high end PC level performance in a console? Sign me up.

0 |

Bayonetta just released on PC - I've been dying to play this for years! ore.steampowered.com/a...

0 |

Supposed to be a really good port too.

PCMasterRace checking in....I'm really impressed with the ambition of Microsoft with Project Scorpio.

I hope they don't make the same mistakes as Sony and use that extra processing headroom, just to increase the fidelity and not bother improving framerate.

0 |

Deckard from the Eurogamer reports it sounds like the gamer will be able to choose what kind of boost they want.

0 |

i imagine MS will be bending over backwards to court all the gamers they lost to Sony, sounds like such a piece of kit

0 |

If they make it so you can stream games in native resolution from a PC to Scorpio, I'd buy one straight away.

0 |

why the fuck would you want to do that?

0 |

A device capable of nvidia gamestream would probably be cheaper.

HDMI + bluetooth adapter through the wall ftw.

0 |

So I could play running from my PC upstairs at higher than 1080p on my living room TV.

0 |

And have a UHD Bluray player and console games.. obvs

0 |

Not even brick walls can stand in the way.

#PCMasterRace

0 |

Youll have to go upstairs every couple of days to change your hardware and fix your settings though.

0 |

Filthy console peasant detected

0 |

Enjoyed the Titanfall 2 campaign.. cause and effect was great.

Had a blast at the pvp last night then was pretty good. Nice short hits.. good change of pace from BF1.

What do yous all play in terms of modes.. just the full mixtape. Tried to keep it at bounty hunter last night for a few rounds to get used to it and it took ages between rounds

0 |

I don't like the live fire mode at all. The pulse blade and arc nades have no place in such a tight area. I like attrition, bounty hunt and last titan standing. Playing BF1 after Titanfall seems so slow and lacking in wall running.

0 |

Played one game of live fire and it'll be my last. It's like the fps equivalent of everyone going all in on the first poker hand

What load out you run with, I assume the pulse thing is standard. Favourite weapons and titans ??

Are there titans missing from the campaign and what exactly came with the last dlc

0 |

My current loadout of choice is R101 with Holosight, Extended Ammo, and Fire while sprinting mods. I use Grapple as my tactical and Firestar as my ordinance. I try and change this loadout every time I hit a new gen (I'm on Gen 9 atm), used to enjoy Alternator + Phase Shift a lot.

Anti Titan weapon is the Archer. I think I've got fast tactical regen, and Low Profile turned on. I tend to use the Pilot Sentry as my boost. Titan of choice is Ronin with Emergency Phase Shift and nuke eject, though I'll sometimes switch to Tone on the more open and expansive maps.

0 |

urgh Nuke Eject.
I love the R97 smg and run it with fast reload and tactikill (used to have gunrunner until I started jumping, sliding and grappling everwhere), Arc Grenade (unreal splash area that stuns pilots) Archer (OP as fuck right now) but the Thunderbolt gives very fast Titan build times IMO, so sometimes run that. Fast health regen is a no brainer - Low profile is a must for getting on Titans without making a racket and I use the dice roll boost. Main Titan is ION with Overcore and Entangled.

0 |

www.eurogamer.net/arti...

Think this says more about the trigger happy police than anything else. Shot in the face wile lying in bed.

0 |

Ha, nuke eject on most Titans is useless, but it's nearly the Ronins primary weapon if you use the emergency phase shift mod, especially as the Ronins Core is pretty rubbish.

0 |

Been playing all Nitro CTF, as it's giving me that sweet sweet double XP and i need levelling up in a hurry. seem to be having more luck on the smaller pilot only maps for this.. most of the time i get in a Titan i'm toast before too long. think the Titan map on this mode is Colony? think that's the DLC one.

What the hell is the tracking anti-Titan gun i keep getting minced with.. is that Archer?

Just trying out each gun as it unlocks.. do ok with the default shotgun in the smaller maps.. not a massive fan of the CAR although i see people seem to like it.

0 |

The attachments make quite the difference to guns, bear that in mind if you're not liking a certain gun immediatly.
Do you get lock ons from an anti-titan weapon? That's the Archer, it used to move faster and you could literally side-step it, not they've made it slower but with a faster turn speed and it's OP at the mo.

0 |

Yeah Archer is the lock on AT gun.

Colony, I'm not sure I'm a fan of that map. It has a very different feel compared to the rest of the original TF2 maps, as its a port of a TF1 map and a lot of the extra accessories like Grapple weren't available in TF1 so it is extremely frantic compared to even the high franticness of the rest of the game. I hate how you never really know which 'side' you should be generally heading towards in that one (though I'm sure some love that)

0 |

I never found Colony to be a good map even on TF1, I was surprised it made it to TF2

0 |

just spotted this www.ea.com/en-gb/games... - two new maps coming and level cap raised to 100 (been capped on 10 for months!) and a new Titan, maybe the XO-16 chaingun loadout from the campaign...

0 |

Oh excellent. They've been superb with the updates so far and keeping the DLC all free is really paying off in terms of everyone being on a level playing field.

I've been tempted to give them a few quid on a Prime Titan skin because I want to encourage them (and EA) to pursue this model more.

Battlefront 2 for example, they need to make all the multiplayer DLC free, and keep the paid content for the campaign and the customisers.

0 |

Not bought any Prime Titans as I think they're a bit expensive, but I've bought some nose art and callsign banners. Looks like Frontier Defense mode is coming back as well.

0 |

itanfall.gamepedia.com... Devotion is an absolute wrecker. Why has nobody mentioned it before now. The thing is OP

What's the prime titans? Decent skins ? That the reason the default titans are surprisingly rubbish looking, so we buy new ones

0 |

Devotion was even more OP until they give it a slight nerf recently, I actually think it's fine now (in that I'm not getting slaughtered by it from halfway across the map constantly anymore).

0 |

Prime Titans are slightly different shapes of the regular Titans (you can preview them in the store without paying) with a fixed skin. The regular Titans unlock new and better skins and nose art as you progress with them. I'm working my way up to a stealth black Ronin ninja.

0 |