Choose a discussion

Gaming 2017

A potentially great year ahead with games such as Crackdown, Mass Effect, Red Dead Redemption 2, Resident Evil 7, The Legend of Zelda Breath Of The Wild, Horizon Zero Dawn.

New console from Nintendo (Switch) and Microsoft (Project Scorpio)

And potentially find out of VR was a passing gimmick, or if it has legs.

0 |

Might see if i can lend a controller and try the free trail. recon i could get heavy rain completed in that time. Plenty of games on there that i would like to try.

0 |

Mass Effect Horde mode confirmed

0 |

Where'd you see the free trail, sumguy? I've a PS3 controller here, so could give it a whirl and report back.

0 |

www.playstation.com/en...

1 |

lol

0 |

Anyone had a go at that new Mario game thats out for phones? Its a wee smasher

0 |

Anyone got the new Mass Effect?

0 |

Wayne. but he's not here to tell us all about it

(Well.. he is but he's not gonna say fuck all for another while)

0 |

it looks utter shit tbh takki, gonna try and clear a few backlog games before getting Horizon

0 |

Shit writing
Shit characters
Good gunplay
Looks pretty
Shit facial animations
Shit side quests
Buggy and lacks polish

I won't be touching it and I'm a ME fan. Seems like the game was rushed out, which doesn't surprise me considering the mess they made of ME3

0 |

eek.. doesn't sound too good at all. I was kinda hoping for a big, mad sci-fi type Skyrim affair.

On another note, has anyone got a PS3 they would consider selling?

0 |

It is the first full game developed by Bioware Montreal (they made the Horde mode multiplayer for ME3).

I really liked DA:I but the consensus is that Bioware is on a downward spiral.

Have a PS3 - not for sale as its a great media player

0 |

I'll pick it up on a sale. Prey is the next game I'm looking forward to.

0 |

Mass Effect 3 was decent except for the 'choices' we were led to believe mattered. I only just played through the Citadel and Omega DLCs there a few weeks back.

0 |

I was tempted to replay the ME trilogy, especially the third as I understand they created an extended cut and a more fulfilling ending.

Decided to give it a miss after watching these vids:

A retrospective look on ME3 (he looks at the other games too); covers the game development, writing, combat, rpg progression etc

Think I'll just stick with nostalgia

0 |

Playing through horizon zero dawn at the mo and it's great. Would definitely recommend it.

Was considering getting mass effect, might just get it when it comes down in price

0 |

You know what Im enjoying at the minute? Driveclub. Thought Id hate it but its superb

0 |

PES League has reinvigorated my playing of pro. Sweatier than ever. Liverpool Vs Barca/Madrid/Argentina can't be fair match up on Barca/Madrid/Argentina

Still playing Battlefield but kinds missing Overwatch. I should really learn to stop trading games in if I haven't played them in a week

0 |

Destiny 2...

0 |

Shadow of War coming out, too. New LotR sequel, looks pretty good. August release.

0 |

Battlefield now allows non-DLC players to play on the DLC maps when partied up with someone who owns it. This is great! www.battlefield.com/ne...

0 |

JackFrags controls Dice now then.

0 |

new stunt maps in GTA V are class crack, GOTY again this year!

0 |

kinda sucks though that you don't get any XP as a bf1 DLC guest, unless you buy the DLC then you will get it retrospectively..

0 |

Wish the fuck they'd release a single player DLC for GTAV it's the only reason I've been hanging onto it ffs

0 |

It's worth finishing single player story mode too RJ ;)

0 |

Horizon is my GOTY so far. Was gonna get mass effect next but all i see are negative reviews.

0 |

absolutely loved the single player GTAV, first GTA game i've ever finished, would love the time to play through it again, dipped into MP but it did nothing for me, just wish they'd release something new that utilized that incredible world they built

0 |

over 1k hours playing GTA V and not played the single player at all..

0 |

I know loads of people who have done it. Cant understand not playing the single player

0 |

ps.. feck sake RJ there is loads to do in the multi player, need loads of cash though. i'm CEO of "hallion inc" a multimillion dollar criminal corporate enterprise & also a member of an MC club producing weed & distribution. - that's just in free roam.

0 |

aye but going in blind and alone wasn't fun, got murdered left right and center and lost pretty much any race i took part in and figured fuck this and never went back

0 |

make sure your joining a server with auto aim switched off, 99% of peeps can't aim for shit in GTA also make sure custom cars are off when racing, levels the playing field for lower ranked peeps.

0 |

Destiny 2 release September 8th. Get hyped

PC release too

0 |

Some very expensive pre orders. But yeah destiny hype train. May 18th for the game play reveal

0 |

It had refined into a great game by the time of Taken King. With loads of content..

excited to see how they push on with 2. Just hope it's not been rushed out

0 |

Bored to death with Battlefield now.. least rewarding progression system ever.

Went in to buy Overwatch again.. still £55 on psn almost a year after release. Ffs

1 |

Fort de Vaux is a game changer for me in BF1.

0 |

acid, do you ever add your own music to GTA5?

0 |

Yup of course, I even use self radio for listening to music when not even playing sometimes.

0 |

Esports will generate more than £1bn in global revenue and almost double its audience to nearly 600 million people by 2020, forecasters predict.

Esports is organised, competitive computer gaming and can be staged in front of a live audience and millions more online.

"It has the potential to become one of the top five sports in the world," said Peter Warman of esport analysts Newzoo.

French football club Paris St-Germain has created an esports team.

Some English clubs - including Manchester City - employ professional gamers.

Esports generated $493m (£400m) in revenue in 2016, with a global audience of about 320 million people.

Prize money of $93.3m (£76m) was won last year, with the winning team at the League of Legends world championship - the biggest esports event - sharing a pot of $1m (£810,000).

www.bbc.co.uk/sport/39...

0 |

Anyone tried PersonUnknown Battlegrounds? I like the idea of it as have enjoyed the various battle Royale mods but £26.99 seems a bit steep m8 for a beta that will have limited playtime.

0 |

From what i have seen its just the arma mod going off on their own. Its 30 euros here for a early access game, aye dead on. From what i have saw they have did very little from the actual mod. Watched a few streams as was kind of interested, but the amount of lag makes that crucial point when you finally see someone into a Benny hill sketch chasing each other around missing each other.

0 |

Do these games ever get released properly? There always seems to be some new Arma mod out.

0 |

Think its just a bit of a cash grab tbh. They made 11 million on the first week of release so there is no real incentive now for people to make completed games, not when you can make that kind of money on a half baked idea. Its pretty sad the way gaming is going. Even the big name devs are at it now. Even google play app store has an early access section now ffs. Cant really think of many good games that have made it out of kickstarter/early access. Dont starve and prison architect being the only two off the top of my head, out of the 1000's that are out there.

0 |

gimme a break Bohemia Interactive are one of the most legit and supportive dev's in PC gaming since the days of operation flashpoint back when jesus was a wee lad, they're not some fly by night dodgy fuckers exploiting early access

0 |

Superhot was crowdfunded too. People will eventually get fucked off with it and stop paying into pre-releases/early access, IMO.

0 |

0 |

Arma 3 only really got sorted after a few years of being out but fair play to them for that its a good game if not a bit clunky. Day z is still nowhere near finished and in my mind was a massive cash in on the popularity of the mod, with no real investment put back in after making at least 60 million on the 'early access'. Where did all that money go because it didnt go into the development of the game. From what i can see battleground is just using basically all assets available in arma with very little other stuff added and charging 25 quid for it, will see how they get on with it but wouldn't be surprised if it goes the way of day z. Look at rezzed this weekend dean hall announcing yet another game, think hes on his 3rd unfinished game now, but hes making money so why should he care.

0 |

Dayz's story really began back in 2008 when the zombie mission mod was by far the most popular mod for ARMA, when you take that long term view on, yes there was without doubt a long protracted spell where development bogged down, when they decided to completely stripout the entire code spine of the game and replace it with something new, have you played DayZ recently? it has vastly improved to where it was this time last year, and getting better every new iteration, it's a slow process but there is no doubt in my mind when it get's "there" it will be an awesome game

0 |